• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Have you ever gone back to the very beginning and tried to do a re-read?  You need to have a good few hours set aside.  And a 6-pack.  But it's interesting, to say the least.  

Good lord, no. One time through is/was more than enough for me.  It is like a cyclical journey of the inane.

17 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Have you ever gone back to the very beginning and tried to do a re-read?  You need to have a good few hours set aside.  And a 6-pack.  But it's interesting, to say the least.  

Is this your 6-pack?

imagehandler.ashx?t=sh&id=4312725&s=n&in 

1 hour ago, jaybuck43 said:

Is this your 6-pack?

imagehandler.ashx?t=sh&id=4312725&s=n&in 

how much bitcoin does that cost?

3 minutes ago, Hepcat said:

Ffffftttt!!! Them's be too high brow for this thread. Choose from these below sucka:

ABrewmasterTastesandRanks40s.jpg

:insane:

If it's good enough for Lando, it's good enough for me.

AptCreamyHypsilophodon-size_restricted.g

On 4/5/2018 at 3:38 PM, Hepcat said:

Ffffftttt!!! Them's be too high brow for this thread. Choose from these below sucka:

ABrewmasterTastesandRanks40s.jpg

:insane:

Look at Mr. Fancypants. I am going with a warm 40oz of Laser that I found in my mom's basement next to an unconscious transient. image.jpeg.25a1596a3c6800af5c4e253d835fcb93.jpeg

Can't believe I used to drink all of that swill. Pretty sure the last Steel Reserve tallboy I choked down in undergrad had dirt at the bottom. 

Edited by october

1 hour ago, october said:

Can't believe I used to drink all of that swill. Pretty sure the last Steel Reserve tallboy I choked down in undergrad had dirt at the bottom. 

I've tried them all, except for Carta Blanca. 

Steel Reserve is horrible, but King Cobra is probably the worst of the worst. 

What I miss from the late 90s is St. Ides "special brew." Passion flavor baby! 

1 hour ago, newshane said:

I've tried them all, except for Carta Blanca. 

Steel Reserve is horrible, but King Cobra is probably the worst of the worst. 

What I miss from the late 90s is St. Ides "special brew." Passion flavor baby! 

Never had St. Ides, but I remember it from 90's hip-hop videos.

When I was feeling upscale I would get some Mickey's hand grenades, or opt for a jug of toilet wine and spring for Mad Dog.  

Drank quite a few Mickeys in college.  Used to be able to buy the extra large hand grenades for $1/ea.

A few years later we graduated to St. Ides. Luckily, that was short lived.  

On 5/28/2018 at 10:51 PM, thehumantorch said:

I just had a terrifying thought. 

What if Gabe make millions, or perish the thought, billions buying and selling bitcoin and has the last laugh.

Highly impossible.  Since January it has never been lower than $6600.  It also hasn't broken $9900 on the high side.  So best we could do is assume a $3,300 profit per coin.  To make even a 1 million dollar profit, he would have needed to time everything PERFECTLY and also bought 303 btc, which would have required more than $2 million in initial investment (2 million for the coin plus the transaction fees).  

On 5/28/2018 at 9:51 PM, thehumantorch said:

I just had a terrifying thought. 

What if Gabe make millions, or perish the thought, billions buying and selling bitcoin and has the last laugh.

I'd be happy if he simply established himself as an independent.

But it looks like he is currently enjoying the media attention...

1 hour ago, jaybuck43 said:

Highly impossible.  Since January it has never been lower than $6600.  It also hasn't broken $9900 on the high side.  So best we could do is assume a $3,300 profit per coin.  To make even a 1 million dollar profit, he would have needed to time everything PERFECTLY and also bought 303 btc, which would have required more than $2 million in initial investment (2 million for the coin plus the transaction fees).  

so you're saying there's a chance....

If there's any upside to Gabe's story its that he's in Canada and  not driven enough and possibly not physically capable of being a real criminal, or developing a serious drug problem, which might have happened had he been in the US.  He seems to have some of the same tendencies with some folks I grew up with who get involved with a lot of petty crimes and not-well-thought-out get rich quick schemes, like selling small amounts of drugs or stealing copper wire, or embezzling from work.  In Canada, he seems to be doing fine with some very very light welfare fraud (at worst), which for him, might be his best possible life (although I hope there's more to it).  In America, I think his path would have been much darker and less forgiving. 

Stay in Canada!

1 hour ago, revat said:

so you're saying there's a chance....

If there's any upside to Gabe's story its that he's in Canada and  not driven enough and possibly not physically capable of being a real criminal, or developing a serious drug problem, which might have happened had he been in the US.  He seems to have some of the same tendencies with some folks I grew up with who get involved with a lot of petty crimes and not-well-thought-out get rich quick schemes, like selling small amounts of drugs or stealing copper wire, or embezzling from work.  In Canada, he seems to be doing fine with some very very light welfare fraud (at worst), which for him, might be his best possible life (although I hope there's more to it).  In America, I think his path would have been much darker and less forgiving. 

Stay in Canada!

Not sure about that.

Vancouver, for example, is a junkie haven and has been for decades.

It's no Detroit or Chicago, but I'd say there are still plenty of opportunities to make bad choices in spite of where someone lives.

15 hours ago, newshane said:

Not sure about that.

Vancouver, for example, is a junkie haven and has been for decades.

It's no Detroit or Chicago, but I'd say there are still plenty of opportunities to make bad choices in spite of where someone lives.

He lives over in Niagara Falls so I think the drugs in Vancouver are safe.

8 8