• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

You should find a store with decent back issue stock, even if its just 90s to present, and be buying up actual high grade cheap moderns for 6 dollars or less. If you don't live in close proximity to a decent lcs then browse the online stores and eBay. Look for poorly worded/advertised listings on eBay. This is a much better use of the odd 100 or 200 dollars than putting that money towards one or two slabs or restored books ffs. With your low amount of capital you want to be spreading that money around as much as you can and turning over books as quickly as possible.

Hey, he spent $30+ to make .40 cents on the ASM pink variant. He showed us all and he knows what he's doing. :sumo:

It's not the ideal amount I wanted to sell it for but since the opportunity presented itself I took it since I have my eye on another comic.

Are you able to give us a hint as to the other comic you're thinking about?

So, Gabe, what is the situation on the job front? Still at the same place? New place? How many hours per week?

I mean, between posting, and you saying you have been to a bunch of places this week or so to check out to see if they had comics and online dealings, just curious to see how things are going "in the real world".

In the real world everything is still the same

So still only 20 some odd hours per week making minimum wage?

Have you done any other serious job hunting and/or skill building?

Yes I'm doing but hunting but no skill building yet. What I'm looking for is a job with more hours.

What about getting a 2nd part time job? McDonalds is always hiring 2c

Applying there tomorrow

Sigh.

Why not do it now?

http://www.mcdonalds.ca/ca/en/careers.html

:busy:

Don't worry I will.

Lazy.

You should find a store with decent back issue stock, even if its just 90s to present, and be buying up actual high grade cheap moderns for 6 dollars or less. If you don't live in close proximity to a decent lcs then browse the online stores and eBay. Look for poorly worded/advertised listings on eBay. This is a much better use of the odd 100 or 200 dollars than putting that money towards one or two slabs or restored books ffs. With your low amount of capital you want to be spreading that money around as much as you can and turning over books as quickly as possible.

Hey, he spent $30+ to make .40 cents on the ASM pink variant. He showed us all and he knows what he's doing. :sumo:

And he did it all in just 3 days.

Quick turnaround is one of the objectives.

Too bad he never got to use his planned marketing strategy for that book :(

It's not the ideal amount I wanted to sell it for but since the opportunity presented itself I took it since I have my eye on another comic.

You think he's going to give away that kind of information for free?

I'd be willing to paypal him 40 cents for that info.

I'd be willing to paypal him 40 cents for that info.

lol

I live near two lcs's one of them has a good dollar bin section and the other is a overpriced back issues lcs

Then go digging. In regards to the overpriced lcs, you'll have to be more specific. Many ways to capitalize on stock that others would deem overpriced.

.40 cents is a bull's-eye?

After all his bragging about how it was a good buy and how he knew how to market it etc etc.

.40 cents.

Most people would see this as a learning experience...

Anyone know where I can buy a mid grade, restored semi key? Or perhaps a bridge or some swampland?

After all his bragging about how it was a good buy and how he knew how to market it etc etc.

.40 cents.

Anyone know where I can buy a mid grade, restored semi key? Or perhaps a bridge or some swampland?

Yes 40 cents will be my profit after all that bragging because you know what? I sold it faster then I thought I would because someone wanted it. I also sold it for what I did because I saw another comic I want.

Gabe - Would you be willing to sell me the ASM 101 book for $40? You'll make a nice profit % wise and you can post that you made a profit and move on. I'll deduct it as a charitable write-off.

This is a serious offer, what do you say? (I'll cover shipping of course)

If that's a serious offer then yes :takeit:

Good. I will PM you my info..

Classy move.

I guess I have to eat crow now, he just made $10 :sorry:

Actually you can celebrate if you want because when this goes through I'll only be making 40 cents on this.

:rulez:

What did I do wrong?

If I was immortal, there would still not be enough time to answer this.

lol

.40 cents.

Yes 40 cents will be my profit after all that bragging because you know what? I sold it faster then I thought I would because someone wanted it. I also sold it for what I did because I saw another comic I want.

Oh, I know. But I just recall you telling me you were going to get $60+ because you had a certain marketing strategy. hm

Most would say spending $30+ to make .40 cents would not be the best use of capital hm

.40 cents.

Oh, I know. But I just recall you telling me you were going to get $60+ because you had a certain marketing strategy. hm

Most would say spending $30+ to make .40 cents would not be the best use of capital hm

That's when I was sure the grade was a 4.0/4.5 after the fact I said I would be happy making 5-15 profit in case you missed that.

8 8