• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

.40 cents is a bull's-eye?

After all his bragging about how it was a good buy and how he knew how to market it etc etc.

.40 cents.

Most people would see this as a learning experience...

Anyone know where I can buy a mid grade, restored semi key? Or perhaps a bridge or some swampland?

Yes 40 cents will be my profit after all that bragging because you know what? I sold it faster then I thought I would because someone wanted it. I also sold it for what I did because I saw another comic I want.

Oh, I know. But I just recall you telling me you were going to get $60+ because you had a certain marketing strategy. hm

Most would say spending $30+ to make .40 cents would not be the best use of capital hm

That's when I was sure the grade was a 4.0/4.5 after the fact I said I would be happy making 5-15 profit in case you missed that.

Oh, I didn't miss that. I also didn't miss you saying how it was a "good deal".

Instead of ramming your head into a brick wall next time, why not listen to the good advice people are giving you here. I know not all of us are "pros", but some of the people here are pretty decent at flipping comics 2c

After all his bragging about how it was a good buy and how he knew how to market it etc etc.

.40 cents.

Anyone know where I can buy a mid grade, restored semi key? Or perhaps a bridge or some swampland?

Yes 40 cents will be my profit after all that bragging because you know what? I sold it faster then I thought I would because someone wanted it. I also sold it for what I did because I saw another comic I want.

Oh, I know. But I just recall you telling me you were going to get $60+ because you had a certain marketing strategy. hm

Most would say spending $30+ to make .40 cents would not be the best use of capital hm

That's when I was sure the grade was a 4.0/4.5 after the fact I said I would be happy making 5-15 profit in case you missed that.

Instead of ramming your head into a brick wall next time, why not listen to the good advice people are giving you here. I know not all of us are "pros", but some of the people here are pretty decent at flipping comics 2c

Ok well you make everything look to your favor when you're speaking. I still think it's a good deal as that bat 189 is, they may not be asap flipable comics but they are keys and something that's not hyped.

Edited by uchiha101

You should find a store with decent back issue stock, even if its just 90s to present, and be buying up actual high grade cheap moderns for 6 dollars or less. If you don't live in close proximity to a decent lcs then browse the online stores and eBay. Look for poorly worded/advertised listings on eBay. This is a much better use of the odd 100 or 200 dollars than putting that money towards one or two slabs or restored books ffs. With your low amount of capital you want to be spreading that money around as much as you can and turning over books as quickly as possible.

Hey, he spent $30+ to make .40 cents on the ASM pink variant. He showed us all and he knows what he's doing. :sumo:

It's not the ideal amount I wanted to sell it for but since the opportunity presented itself I took it since I have my eye on another comic.

Are you able to give us a hint as to the other comic you're thinking about?

Yes. An Archie comic.

You should find a store with decent back issue stock, even if its just 90s to present, and be buying up actual high grade cheap moderns for 6 dollars or less. If you don't live in close proximity to a decent lcs then browse the online stores and eBay. Look for poorly worded/advertised listings on eBay. This is a much better use of the odd 100 or 200 dollars than putting that money towards one or two slabs or restored books ffs. With your low amount of capital you want to be spreading that money around as much as you can and turning over books as quickly as possible.

Hey, he spent $30+ to make .40 cents on the ASM pink variant. He showed us all and he knows what he's doing. :sumo:

And he did it all in just 3 days.

Quick turnaround is one of the objectives.

Too bad he never got to use his planned marketing strategy for that book :(

Yes I wonder how that would have went.

.40 cents.

Ok well you make everything look to your favor when you're speaking. I still think it's a good deal as that bat 189 is, they may not be asap flipable comics but they are keys and something that's not hyped.

Even after making .40 cents you still insist it was a good deal?

:facepalm:

You might have made a whole dollar (shrug)

It's not the ideal amount I wanted to sell it for but since the opportunity presented itself I took it since I have my eye on another comic.

Yes. An Archie comic.

Thanks. If it's the Betty & Me #16 that should move for you(price and condition will obviously factor in).

.40 cents.

:whistle:

.40 cents.

No. I meant that if I was patient it would be a good deal since it was on the cheap and it's a key but like I said I have my eye on other comic so the timing couldn't have been more perfect.

You might have made a whole dollar (shrug)

I see myself making 5-10 on it.

Yes. An Archie comic.

Thanks. If it's the Betty & Me #16 that should move for you(price and condition will obviously factor in).

The betty and me 16 is the comic I already bought and have I'm talking about another archie comic.

.40 cents.

Do not mistake "want" for "pity"

In my entire life, I have never run across anyone like you; a person who actually believes that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In my entire life, I have never run across anyone like you; a person who actually believes that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Wash it first.

.40 cents.

I'm not and he's not who I'm talking about.

It's not how you think it is, I'm happy that I have that exact amount to hopefully have that archie comic I've had my eye on for a while

.40 cents.

No. I meant that if I was patient it would be a good deal since it was on the cheap and it's a key but like I said I have my eye on other comic so the timing couldn't have been more perfect.

IT WAS NOT CHEAP!!! That's the point. You paid full retail for a low grade book with zero opportunity to flip. You just don't get it. Sad.

.40 cents.

I'm not and he's not who I'm talking about.

Nobody wanted that crappy book but you. You had some fantasy that the pink on the book would be largely ignored by collectors who would be too stupid to know it was defaced because you saw the true potential of the book and you knew how to market it. You suck at selling older books and should probably just stick to new books since the losses will probably be minimal.

8 8