• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

One of your highest priorities should be buying a reliable and inexpensive vehicle.

$115 would have bought a bicycle or a good down payment on a scooter.

That's true but I don't think I would pay that much for a bike maybe 20-30

Do me a favor.... It is very simple... STOP SPECULATING! Sure go ahead and buy a book for $1-2 because it has a key appearance and you are hoping and praying for them to appear on a show.

But when you start spending $100+ on spec books you aren't speculating. You are gambling; playing the lottery.

My father in Law likes to say this, "When you buy a lottery ticket you are buying a dream." This is why when I buy a scratch off lottery ticket I take my time... I enjoy my dream.

You just bought $100 worth of returnable lottery tickets. You had your dream. It's time to scratch those tickets and aim for the blue chips.

I don't know why this would be doing you a favor and it's something he told me to be careful on and watch for the window so while I do that I'm selling and listing my other comics.

Do me a favor.... It is very simple... STOP SPECULATING! Sure go ahead and buy a book for $1-2 because it has a key appearance and you are hoping and praying for them to appear on a show.

But when you start spending $100+ on spec books you aren't speculating. You are gambling; playing the lottery.

My father in Law likes to say this, "When you buy a lottery ticket you are buying a dream." This is why when I buy a scratch off lottery ticket I take my time... I enjoy my dream.

You just bought $100 worth of returnable lottery tickets. You had your dream. It's time to scratch those tickets and aim for the blue chips.

I don't know why this would be doing you a favor and it's something he told me to be careful on and watch for the window so while I do that I'm selling and listing my other comics.

He's not actually asking you to do him a favor, it's a figure of speech. He is trying to help you, however.

Whats your current inventory?

Can you break it down to:

Books you will sell in <45 days, 45-180 days, >180 days

Fun task no putting books into a category with a condition such as *this will sell if XYZ happens* (such as they announce Aphra is getting her own series).

One of your highest priorities should be buying a reliable and inexpensive vehicle.

You don't need a Cannondale or a Trek bike, but $20.00 to $30.00 probably won't buy you much of a bike, unless you can get one from the Goodwill or Salvation Army.

I don't think the Iron Fist book is a terrible buy per se. Questionable, as I don't think it'll receive a significant enough bump with the Netflix series to make it worth his while 2c

I've definitely seen worse buys from him before. But for him to make any really money he will need the book to shoot up to the $200 range which is doubtful but possible.

I'm thinking of listing it at $225 OBO on Ebay

Worth a shot but considering that's about double what people were paying 10 days ago its a long shot. There does not look to be many copies out there so who knows.

I like how he takes his friends advice as if it were written in stone when his friend is just making guesses like the rest of us lol

I don't take his word as set in stone but with his track record I can't argue with it.

and what is your track record for chasing hype books?

what % of the time have you made money?

I remember you calculated that for me

I also color coded it in case you would not remember the number. Some people are more visual.

here it is again in a simpler form

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::cool:

red = the amount of times you have lost $$$ speculating on hype

yellow is when you make money

Look back again - you once wrote out the latest batch of your speculation books - why your buddy bought them - and how he bought them.

There is a HUGE difference - I remember that a couple of the books - he paid cover or under - and one was in a collection he purchased.

You - are taking his advice on speculation book - and paying essentially FMV or higher - after the price has risen a little. The only way his recommendations work - is if you get book CHEAP.

He has no concerns - as you are adding to those paying on the upswing ( if there really is one) - and making sure there are plenty of high GPA prices struck on the books HE ALREADY HAS.

He's not actually asking you to do him a favor, it's a figure of speech. He is trying to help you, however.

Didn't realize that.

Whats your current inventory?

Can you break it down to:

Books you will sell in <45 days, 45-180 days, >180 days

Fun task no putting books into a category with a condition such as *this will sell if XYZ happens* (such as they announce Aphra is getting her own series).

I never thought it of that way tbh I'll get on that tomorrow

You don't need a Cannondale or a Trek bike, but $20.00 to $30.00 probably won't buy you much of a bike, unless you can get one from the Goodwill or Salvation Army.

It's been a while since I looked for a bike but last time I paid 25 for it and it was on kijiji

Round and round we go, where it stops, nobody knows!

...Wait a minute, yes we do...Back to paying GPA or near GPA for a speculation book that he should have bought 4 - 6 months ago...

Because again I ignored my friends advice unlike me he's always on top of things.

...Wait a minute, yes we do...Back to paying GPA or near GPA for a speculation book that he should have bought 4 - 6 months ago...

Because again I ignored my friends advice unlike me he's always on top of things.

So maybe you should hang up the speculation shoes until you can get on top of things.

I don't think the Iron Fist book is a terrible buy per se. Questionable, as I don't think it'll receive a significant enough bump with the Netflix series to make it worth his while 2c

I've definitely seen worse buys from him before. But for him to make any really money he will need the book to shoot up to the $200 range which is doubtful but possible.

I'm thinking of listing it at $225 OBO on Ebay

Worth a shot but considering that's about double what people were paying 10 days ago its a long shot. There does not look to be many copies out there so who knows.

I like how he takes his friends advice as if it were written in stone when his friend is just making guesses like the rest of us lol

I don't take his word as set in stone but with his track record I can't argue with it.

and what is your track record for chasing hype books?

what % of the time have you made money?

I remember you calculated that for me

I also color coded it in case you would not remember the number. Some people are more visual.

here it is again in a simpler form

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::cool:

red = the amount of times you have lost $$$ speculating on hype

yellow is when you make money

Look back again - you once wrote out the latest batch of your speculation books - why your buddy bought them - and how he bought them.

There is a HUGE difference - I remember that a couple of the books - he paid cover or under - and one was in a collection he purchased.

You - are taking his advice on speculation book - and paying essentially FMV or higher - after the price has risen a little. The only way his recommendations work - is if you get book CHEAP.

He has no concerns - as you are adding to those paying on the upswing ( if there really is one) - and making sure there are plenty of high GPA prices struck on the books HE ALREADY HAS.

Yes that's why I need to act faster but I will re-check comics that I've bought in the past

So maybe you should hang up the speculation shoes until you can get on top of things.

I do have some good news though those harambe comics worked out.

166127.png.52516e04889744cc69eb5a3fce1b12e8.png

And you've proven that you are purchasing books after the hype has died down. You're not going to duplicate your friend's success since you seem to spend so much on books that have peaked and are on a downward trend.

I was getting a little concerned when you stopped posting. I thought that you had finally come to your senses and stopped buying books but I'm glad to see that you're continuing on you way.

Numbers?

8 8