• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Comics sold

Immortal Iron Fist 17 CGC 9.8 $130

Batman 189 CGC 7.0 Restored

How'd you do on the restored #189?

Not sure I'll let you know on Monday

It's sold, but you don't know how you did?

???

And he doesn't even have a holiday in Canada to explain the delay!

Comics sold

???

I need to get the exact shipping quote then I'll know.

Comics sold

???

And he doesn't even have a holiday in Canada to explain the delay!

The person that purchased it is in the UK and the shipping quote came to 11 dollars but he wanted a sig so I want to see how much that will cost since I said I would cover it.

$11 to the UK? Are you sure about that? Something does not seem right about that quote...Where did you get the quote from? I plugged a 1 kg package in with dimensions that would fit a slab nicely and cheapset I got was $18 with no tracking or insurance....Tracked Packet Intl is looking like about $60...

$11 to the UK? Are you sure about that? Something does not seem right about that quote...Where did you get the quote from? I plugged a 1 kg package in with dimensions that would fit a slab nicely and cheapset I got was $18 with no tracking or insurance....Tracked Packet Intl is looking like about $60...

And now with a sig required, he needs to send express post. That doubles or triples the shipping cost doesn't it? (shrug)

Jim

And now with a sig required, he needs to send express post. That doubles or triples the shipping cost doesn't it? (shrug)

Jim

Yes it increases cost significantly.

I put the postal code and numbers into canada post and got a quote and he doesn't want insurance on it.

Jim

From what I remember it doubles or triples the cost

Jim

Yes it increases cost significantly.

Agreed but with the weak dollar it will equal out

You can't ship a CGC book in or out of Canada, properly packaged, for less than $25

There were other options and I thought it was a bit cheap as well so I'll see what they tell me.

When you're doing any calculation you should keep your common sense radar working. That radar is based on past experience. You've sold enough books to know $11 won't work.

It's costing me a minimum of $15 to ship a package anywhere in Canada or the US. That's a raw book in a relatively small box without tracking or insurance. A slab properly packaged-double boxed - is minimum $25 in Canada or US.

UK? Won't be cheap.

You can't ship a CGC book in or out of Canada, properly packaged, for less than $25

There were other options and I thought it was a bit cheap as well so I'll see what they tell me.

When you're doing any calculation you should keep your common sense radar working. That radar is based on past experience. You've sold enough books to know $11 won't work.

It's costing me a minimum of $15 to ship a package anywhere in Canada or the US. That's a raw book in a relatively small box without tracking or insurance. A slab properly packaged-double boxed - is minimum $25 in Canada or US.

UK? Won't be cheap.

Yeah I'm going to get the quote soon because I'm curious as well.

Is he paying $11 BP for shipping and you are picking up the rest?

If so $11 BP is only $18 CDN.

How is that evening out? You are still short at minimum $40 CDN and that is without sig confirmation...

I sold it for USD

8 8