• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

How do you not know this?

You can plug all the data into the Canada Post website under find a rate and once you put in the information it will give you quotes for different service tiers.

Invest in a digital mailing scale. This will save you surprises.

All of this is kind of Selling 101.

Bottom line if you promised the guy that you would cover the rest of shipping with signature confirmation you are easily over $100 CDN to ship.

I did and it gave me 6 different options

Did you look at those options or just pick the first thing possible? Did you put in proper weights and sizes or just pick numbers from the wild number picking tree?

Small PacketTM - International Surface - $18.44 (NO TRACKING AVAILABLE!)

Small PacketTM - International Air - $38.34 (NO TRACKING AVAILABLE!)

International Parcel - Surface - $48.26 (NO TRACKING AVAILABLE)

Tracked PacketTM - International - 7 business days - $61.09 (YEAH TRACKING!)

XpresspostTM - International - 4 business days (Guaranteed) - $89.61 (YEAH TRACKING AND SIGNATURE)! :banana:

No I didn't put random numbers and I know the measurements of the box and yes I told him of all the shipping options and he wanted the cheapest

How do you not know this?

You can plug all the data into the Canada Post website under find a rate and once you put in the information it will give you quotes for different service tiers.

Invest in a digital mailing scale. This will save you surprises.

All of this is kind of Selling 101.

Bottom line if you promised the guy that you would cover the rest of shipping with signature confirmation you are easily over $100 CDN to ship.

I did and it gave me 6 different options

Did you look at those options or just pick the first thing possible? Did you put in proper weights and sizes or just pick numbers from the wild number picking tree?

Small PacketTM - International Surface - $18.44 (NO TRACKING AVAILABLE!)

Small PacketTM - International Air - $38.34 (NO TRACKING AVAILABLE!)

International Parcel - Surface - $48.26 (NO TRACKING AVAILABLE)

Tracked PacketTM - International - 7 business days - $61.09 (YEAH TRACKING!)

XpresspostTM - International - 4 business days (Guaranteed) - $89.61 (YEAH TRACKING AND SIGNATURE)! :banana:

Facts are soooo overrated.

I listed all the options and went with what he told me

So you were about to ship a $200 slab over seas with no tracking? Ya that is going to end well when he submits a paypal claim and you can't show it was delivered. Especially when it takes:

Small Packet — International Surface

Europe: 1-2 months

doh!

So you were about to ship a $200 slab over seas with no tracking? Ya that is going to end well when he submits a paypal claim and you can't show it was delivered. Especially when it takes:

doh!

:sumo: But he's getting better at it :sumo:

So he wants signature confirmation which you said you would cover.

Using Xpress Post with package dimensions of 16 x 12 x 4 and weight of 1 kg with sig confirmation and insured for $200 CDN is going to be around $112 CDN or $82 USD.

So you are picking up $71 USD in shipping or thereabouts now.

He doesn't want insurance just a signature confirmation

Uhmm the insurance should be for your own protection not his...

This x100

Insurance is to protect seller - if a a package arrives damaged - the buyer has all kinds of protection.

You should include this by default for any international shipment - especially for $100+ package......

Using Xpress Post with package dimensions of 16 x 12 x 4 and weight of 1 kg with sig confirmation and insured for $200 CDN is going to be around $112 CDN or $82 USD.

This x100

Insurance is to protect seller - if a a package arrives damaged - the buyer has all kinds of protection.

You should include this by default for any international shipment - especially for $100+ package......

He shouldn't have offered to cover the shipping for international 2c

doh!

It will come with 100 dollars insurance automatically and I'll have to see how much it will cost

This x100

Yes I haven't got the exact quote yet but with what I know it will be around 25 plus and that gives me 100 insurance on it.

This x100

He shouldn't have offered to cover the shipping for international 2c

I didn't, I went back and checked what I said and I didn't say I would cover it so what happens now is if it's anything over 20 dollars he paid for shipping he'll pay the rest.

doh!

It will come with 100 dollars insurance automatically and I'll have to see how much it will cost

I guess you missed all of the other stuff. Only comprehending half the battle.

KGVzENV.jpg

I haven't even posted all the numbers yet :P

Everyone here can see the handwriting on the wall. If you are on the hook for shipping, there's a good chance that after fees, you might only break even or even lose money. Why don't you post the dialogue between the buyer and yourself so we can see what you actually committed yourself to?

Also please post your blood type, a sample of your stool and your current height and weight and finger nail length

Added some more important info for you ;)

Finger nails are trimmed

Gabe, I was just joking dude.

I think though, what people are questioning is that the whole shipping thing overseas is not clear...Have you actually "sold" the book? Or are you still finalizing a deal with the potential buyer?

Whatever you do, do not ship anything of value overseas without tracking and proper insurance (as in, you should insure it for at least near the full value of the item).

KGVzENV.jpg

I haven't even posted all the numbers yet :P

Everyone here can see the handwriting on the wall. If you are on the hook for shipping, there's a good chance that after fees, you might only break even or even lose money. Why don't you post the dialogue between the buyer and yourself so we can see what you actually committed yourself to?

I'm not sure how to screenshot because it won't let me do it so I copy and pasted it and whatever he says will be bolded

UK

Ok give me a few minutes and which comic are you interested in?

Batman 189

Ok I'll get you the update in a couple min I'm just eating right now ?

That's awesome thanks alot ☺

No problem

Ok I have no clue if these shipping quotes are accurate or not but you have 6 options

International surface for 11 no insurance

Internation air 19.55 no insurance

Tracked packet International 7 business days 50.60 and 100 dollars insurance

International Parcel 57.62

Do you know if the one with no insurance is signed for,

I'll probably have to got for that one to afford it to be fair

I'll have to go to the post office on Saturday and ask but I'm pretty sure I would be able to

OK so $220 it would be

So which of the shipping options are you going with? The first one?

Yeah

Then yes the total is 220

OK that's fine

Want my paypal address?

Yes please

sonicninja05@yahoo.ca

Sent

Address is

UK

Thanks I received it I'll ship out on monday

That brilliant thank you ?

Thanks again

FRI 11:27AM

In your postal code is that a O or zero?

Also what happens if because it's international it will bump me up to the 60 plus range for shipping what would you like to do then?

FRI 2:15PM

And o for Oscar

Just see what the cheapest shipping is I don't think it will be that much I've sent items international and it's never been that much but I'm happy to pay as long as it's reasonable

Ok that sounds fair so before I ship out I'll get you the quote

If it's under $50 I'll do it as I've already done $20 just send a pic of receipt once sent

Sounds good to me

Awesome did you say it will be Monday you will be posting

Yes I'll be shipping it out Monday

That great thanks

Cool and don't worry I don't pull tricks on people I charge what I see on the receipt

That's good I'm always abit wary until I've done at least one deal with someone

Ah I see here let me give you some of my feedback

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=uchihadesendent&ftab=AllFeedback

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7717963

That makes me feel much better ? of you let me know how much it costs I'll send the money straight over

Sure sounds good I'm getting the quote tomorrow so before I go I just want to make sure I have the correct postal code

Yeah that's it

great thanks

Edited by uchiha101

Also please post your blood type, a sample of your stool and your current height and weight and finger nail length

Added some more important info for you ;)

Finger nails are trimmed

Gabe, I was just joking dude.

I think though, what people are questioning is that the whole shipping thing overseas is not clear...Have you actually "sold" the book? Or are you still finalizing a deal with the potential buyer?

Whatever you do, do not ship anything of value overseas without tracking and proper insurance (as in, you should insure it for at least near the full value of the item).

No the comic has sold it's just the shipping part we're working on

8 8