• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Moving update 2

I will be staying with my parents for another month. I now know why they changed their minds so suddenly, taxes came and they couldn't pay it all.

I was also asked why I'm so relaxed even though I'm being kicked out and it's 3 reasons really.

1) I've been kicked out before

2) I'm in a better situation than before

3) I would have taken my most important stuff and left

How "convenient" :eyeroll:

Taxes? I thought they asked you to stay one more month so you could take care of the dog because they were going on vacation?

Or are you saying your parents used the dog/vacation as a "cover story" to get you to stay when in reality they are having "tax problems"?

Are they still going on vacation? If so, why would they do that if they have "tax problems"?

Also, what taxes are "due"? Property taxes? The 2016 tax returns are not due or this a previously outstanding thing?

What happened to your "religious conviction"?

So many questions :ohnoez:

"I'm standing firm with what I said and I won't change my mind. This will force me to become more serious about how and what I do but yes it will be a good learning experience."

lol

My religious beliefs are firm and I made that clear my parents have no choice so they agreed muhaha.

Religion and spirituality mean different things to everyone, but generally they probably shouldn't be used as instruments to drub your loved ones over the head and laugh about after the fact. Especially when the religion espoused generally purports to be one rooted in 'love' and 'forgiveness'.

I don't mean for this to digress into a discussion on religion in general or in particular, just a general tip, along the lines of not espousing more extreme political views publicly without the realization that those views and the public declaration thereof may adversely affect the way future prospective friends, employers, family, and even romantic partners view you, to the actual, physical, literal detriment of your life and associations.

You should probably know that your publicly available views on Facebook makes you effectively unemployable to anyone that would google your name. FYI

Yeah I tried to delete all I posted at once but wasn't sure how to do it.

Moving update 2

I will be staying with my parents for another month. I now know why they changed their minds so suddenly, taxes came and they couldn't pay it all.

I was also asked why I'm so relaxed even though I'm being kicked out and it's 3 reasons really.

Taxes? I thought they asked you to stay one more month so you could take care of the dog because they were going on vacation?

Or are you saying your parents used the dog/vacation as a "cover story" to get you to stay when in reality they are having "tax problems"?

Are they still going on vacation? If so, why would they do that if they have "tax problems"?

Also, what taxes are "due"? Property taxes? The 2016 tax returns are not due or this a previously outstanding thing?

They are going on vacation still and the taxes was something to do with my dad's earnings in 2014 which they all of a sudden wanted to verify.

So your parents have some "mysterious tax issue" that is making them "want you" to stay - Presumably for the meager amount in rent they allegedly get from you - Is this why they have "no choice"? If so, they are still going on vacation???

If this is how this is playing out, I can see where you get your accounting prowess from. Can't pay the back taxes, still go on vacation!

Regardless, these recent developments stinks of complete BS...

Yes and they bought these tickets a long while ago and from what I understand it wasn't cheap. The next thing that happened was my dad's truck and car broke down, in addition to that every other bill had to be paid and then came the taxes to pay because the government realized now of all times he didn't properly write something down.

Moving update 2

"I'm standing firm with what I said and I won't change my mind. This will force me to become more serious about how and what I do but yes it will be a good learning experience."

lol

My religious beliefs are firm and I made that clear my parents have no choice so they agreed muhaha.

Religion and spirituality mean different things to everyone, but generally they probably shouldn't be used as instruments to drub your loved ones over the head and laugh about after the fact. Especially when the religion espoused generally purports to be one rooted in 'love' and 'forgiveness'.

I don't mean for this to digress into a discussion on religion in general or in particular, just a general tip, along the lines of not espousing more extreme political views publicly without the realization that those views and the public declaration thereof may adversely affect the way future prospective friends, employers, family, and even romantic partners view you, to the actual, physical, literal detriment of your life and associations.

You should probably know that your publicly available views on Facebook makes you effectively unemployable to anyone that would google your name. FYI

I think he knows, he just doesn't think it has an impact. Or thinks that somehow not having a filter or fully thinking out ramifications is somehow the same thing as honesty, and therefore somehow more honorable. Which is strange, because I can't think of anyone else who publicly espouses extreme and often seemingly hateful but often unfounded views under the guise of 'transparency'.

Yes my opinions shock people I'm not a politically correct person and I never was. That's one of society's biggest mistakes being politically correct and tolerant but that's just my opinion.

Milestones I want to reach

Get my first four figure sale

I dont follow along as close as some. Hi Gabe :hi: I see you are now just over 2 years since creating this thread. I know this million dollar sale of a comic book is a real high bar, but lets talk about that four figure sale. Have you sold a book yet for $1000+ and if yes, well then congrats on that milestone achievement. How many 4 fig sales have you had within these 2 years?

Unless you count that BB28 that I sold I've have no 4 figure sales.

it may even all be fake

This hangs in the back of my mind every time I read this thread.

I mentioned this a while ago but this journal reminds me of the show "The increasingly poor decision of Todd Margaret". In that show the title character makes on stupid mistake after another. Just when you think things are looking up for him he does something to get himself into a worse situation. This totally sounds like Gabe and his situation. I too wonder if he is trolling us.

Not trolling anyone but on the bright side at least my comic book deals are looking up.

Moving update 2

lol

I think he knows, he just doesn't think it has an impact. Or thinks that somehow not having a filter or fully thinking out ramifications is somehow the same thing as honesty, and therefore somehow more honorable. Which is strange, because I can't think of anyone else who publicly espouses extreme and often seemingly hateful but often unfounded views under the guise of 'transparency'.

Yes my opinions shock people I'm not a politically correct person and I never was. That's one of society's biggest mistakes being politically correct and tolerant but that's just my opinion.

:facepalm: Yeah, it's a real shame that people choose to be tolerant. Hateful rhetoric and demeaning behavior are much better. (That was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell. And just so you know, not voicing racist, anti-women, and intolerant views doesn't make you politically correct, it just makes you a decent person. Showing respect for other people's differences is kind of a good thing.) But I know, the "other" is scary. :facepalm:

it may even all be fake

This hangs in the back of my mind every time I read this thread.

It's not. He has a youtube he has mentioned before that you can watch.

If he's faking those, he deserves a YouTube academy award.

No I was never a good actor to begin with because I lacked "emotions"

Moving update 2

lol

:facepalm: Yeah, it's a real shame that people choose to be tolerant. Hateful rhetoric and demeaning behavior are much better. (That was sarcasm in case you couldn't tell. And just so you know, not voicing racist, anti-women, and intolerant views doesn't make you politically correct, it just makes you a decent person. Showing respect for other people's differences is kind of a good thing.) But I know, the "other" is scary. :facepalm:

People are tolerant of things they shouldn't be. I'm curious pm me about what is so hateful about me and I can tell you exactly why I do and for what reason.

Moving update 2

lol

People are tolerant of things they shouldn't be. I'm curious pm me about what is so hateful about me and I can tell you exactly why I do and for what reason.

This...Will not end well...

Moving update 2

lol

This...Will not end well...

I'm not angry it's just I can't go into detail here or it would get deleted :)

Moving update 2

lol

Not going there. I will make one suggestion. Look at your Facebook posts and figure out what is objectionable.

Thoughts

I'm thinking of buying myself a cell phone so that I can download apps and use different avenues to sell things.

Good plan could be homeless next month so I'll spend more money on a cell phone.

:roflmao:

Thoughts

I'm thinking of buying myself a cell phone so that I can download apps and use different avenues to sell things.

Now that your housing situation has extended for another month, any plans in the near future in trying to get a new job or are you going to wait until you're actually tossed out to start looking?

Thoughts

Good plan could be homeless next month so I'll spend more money on a cell phone.

Shocking isn't it.

8 8