• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Maybe Gabe can learn something.

FjK8hks.gif

5 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

No I mean what you do in a day.

Wake up at 11am - then eat

12pm I play video games, youtube

1pm work at dishwasher job for 4 hrs

530 home and have dinner

6 video games till 2 in the morning repeat

My god, sounds like me except the dishwasher job......

4 hours ago, greggy said:

Here's me

Wake up at 4:30 AM

Go to gym - 5:05 AM

Come back from gym - 6:45 AM

Go to work - 7:20 AM

Get my Starbucks - 7:50 AM

Start "work" - 8:00 AM

Break - 9:30 AM

Lunch - 11:30 AM

Break - 2:30 AM

Leave work - 4:00 AM

Eat, watch TV, surf, make money on comics...etc

Sleep - 10 PM

How far away is your gym? hm

14 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

why is "work" in quotes? hm

also can you elaborate on "etc"

Will you answer my question? You seem sincere in your efforts to help Gabe so I'm curious. Heck, I might even follow your path to success.

27 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Will you answer my question? You seem sincere in your efforts to help Gabe so I'm curious. Heck, I might even follow your path to success.

I don't do anything different than anyone else. I get up go to work and then do comics in my free time. I'm always looking in my free time on multiple venues. Not sure what you are hoping to get but the reality is trying to help someone who isn't asking for help is foolish. 

My way of doing things works for me and my life and those around me.

8 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I don't do anything different than anyone else. I get up go to work and then do comics in my free time. I'm always looking in my free time on multiple venues. Not sure what you are hoping to get but the reality is trying to help someone who isn't asking for help is foolish. 

My way of doing things works for me and my life and those around me.

:applause:

The reality is you have to find what works for you, what you are comfortable with etc. a couple of months ago my old job asked me if I wanted to do some side work on the weekends. I did it for 4 weekends so I basically did my full time job, ebay full time (about 30-40 items sold a week) and this job.  If you want to make some real money you're going to have to do the work. It's that simple.

12 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

The reality is you have to find what works for you, what you are comfortable with etc. a couple of months ago my old job asked me if I wanted to do some side work on the weekends. I did it for 4 weekends so I basically did my full time job, ebay full time (about 30-40 items sold a week) and this job.  If you want to make some real money you're going to have to do the work. It's that simple.

That is very good advice, Gabe would do well to pay attention to it. What do you think of working smarter not harder though?

20 year old me would have said something silly like that. I wish I would have worked 2 jobs when I was younger and my body could have handled it. I should have taken advantage of all my skills and wouldn't have to work as hard today 

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

20 year old me would have said something silly like that. I wish I would have worked 2 jobs when I was younger and my body could have handled it. I should have taken advantage of all my skills and wouldn't have to work as hard today 

Worker smarter is never silly, it's being efficient and doing things faster while making the same amount of money or more in the same amount of time or less.

I get the impression that you think worker smarter etc means you can get 8 hours of work in half the time (4 hours), leaving 4 hours free to play with your belly button. I think most successful people who work smarter maximize the 8 hours and get 12 hours worth of work done in that time.

2 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

I get the impression that you think worker smarter etc means you can get 8 hours of work in half the time (4 hours), leaving 4 hours free to play with your belly button. I think most successful people who work smarter maximize the 8 hours and get 12 hours worth of work done in that time.

Yes that's one of the things I mean

I want to thank iceman for giving me this idea, I'll write down the 15 dollars CAD I got for the ASM 361 2nd print and I'll make a list of what I did with the money and if I made profit or not.

$15 dollars

Spent 

$2 on chips

$2.25 on a mickey mouse plush

$6.75 on comics

$1.40 on batteries

$1.50 on replaceable toothbrush heads

$1.10 on candy

Total spent $15

Comics purchased

The vision #2  Paid $1.67USD

Venom #2 x2   Paid $1.67USD each 

Edited by uchiha101

20 minutes ago, Bird said:

This is not a question that he can answer and not be roasted for one way or another.

just because someone lives a roastable life doesn't mean they may not learn or gain some insight.

i'd suggest going through the exercise and meditating on it, then sharing it with someone trusted, maybe not publicly

8 8