• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Not a fan of donuts. :P

Least I know you won't eat the merchandise :)

haha

Don't miss the point I was trying to make. (tsk)

Yeah I know I replied to it earlier.

Good luck in life...

DSC01167.jpg

Not the haha go farther back I wrote to your other response.

Yes you do sound like a old fuddy duddy but I like those values that you speak of but you guys keep thinking I have pride, I have none otherwise I'd think I'm above the jobs which I'm not but it doesn't stop them from annoying me. As for plans I don't really have any set plans because I don't know what I want to do but I know what I want out of life.

Edited by uchiha101

haha

Good luck in life...

DSC01167.jpg

I got it!

haha

Good luck in life...

DSC01167.jpg

I got it!

I don't understand what's the trashcan pic for?

I don't like that mentality I know a job like that isn't fun but I don't want to dread it either.

Not many do but you have to grit your teeth and push through it to get somewhere better. You have to learn to keep your emotions in check.

That's true I do want to go somewhere better later on but I need any job but construction right now.

I'll :bump: this as you somehow missed it......

http://ca.indeed.com/jobs-in-Niagara-Falls,-ON

Currently 2181 jobs being advertised in Niagra Falls, including Night Stacker, Cleaner, Fast-Food.

Those 3 are all entry level.

Seems pretty easy to find an entry level job if you actually want one.

No I didn't miss it but that made me angry most of those results weren't even in my area and if it's as easy as you said I'd already have a job.

So now you won't get a job because they are too far away?

No buses in Niagra?

:facepalm:

My behavior is good until you me off as I have many types of personalities that clash against mine.

When you are working in entry level jobs, you shouldn't have a personality. You don't like something, just suck it up.

I don't like that mentality I know a job like that isn't fun but I don't want to dread it either.

Rodan's right...if you're working an entry-level job and you come across something/someone you don't like, the answer is not to "clash" with the roadblock, rather use it as a motivation to work harder and either get promoted out of your position or earn enough experience to get a better position elsewhere.

You're letting pride get in your way. As a result, you're not a victim of society. You're consciously choosing to be unemployed.

Attitudes can be tough to change. If you want to succeed, you'll need to change yours.

This might sound like I'm an old fuddy duddy, but today's young people want to to have it all without working for it. Let me tell you I had to work anything while I was putting myself through college. I worked in a donut shop graveyard making donuts all night, as soon as I finished my shift at 8:00 AM I went straight to school for 6 hours. Studying after school,and getting a couple hours of sleep before rinsing \repeating. You have to earn your stripes in life,if you get a crappy job,swallow your pride and work towards a better goal, your plan of attack if you will. If you don't set your goals early in life,your life will be nothing but hard,living paycheck to paycheck. That's no way to live. I have no pitty for people who don't want to work hard for what they want. If a bum like me can do it,so can you. Just make a life plan,and stick to it.

Nailed it.

Working at a job you dread is far better than collecting welfare waiting for a good job to come to you. All us grayhaired folks have had plenty of jobs we hated - that's why it's called "work". Hard work is not just physically hard, it's also mentally hard work too.

There's been plenty of jobs I've had that I've HATED, and co-workers that I've HATED, and though I was young and stupid, I later came to understand that working jobs I detested and working with people who annoy the mess out of me TAUGHT me things that I could never see at the time. Working a year or two in a crappy dead-end job you hate while taking classes or learning a trade will pay off for you down the road in ways you're not going to see at this stage in your life, but you will later.

Working hard is always better than not. And it also gave me perspective, it paid my bills and you know what - if I had a choice to change it now, I wouldn't dare.

I HATED working fast-food, but I did for 18 months. I HATED construction clean-up, but I did it. I HATED working assembly-line (this was really the worst), but I did it for over a year. And actually, one of the best no-skills-needed jobs I ever had was being a graveyard shift janitor - cleaning toilets, buffing floors, emptying garbage cans... hard work tempers you. It humbles you and lifts you up at the same time. And it gives you respect for yourself and for others who do even worse for even less.

Don't avoid crappy jobs if that's all there is right now, they'll build your character. Any work is better than no work.

And you WILL find your place and you WILL find what job is best for you, but if it doesn't happen this year, that's okay. Or next year, that's still okay. Patience.

Work hard and you WILL be rewarded.

My behavior is good until you me off as I have many types of personalities that clash against mine.

When you are working in entry level jobs, you shouldn't have a personality. You don't like something, just suck it up.

Rodan's right...if you're working an entry-level job and you come across something/someone you don't like, the answer is not to "clash" with the roadblock, rather use it as a motivation to work harder and either get promoted out of your position or earn enough experience to get a better position elsewhere.

You're letting pride get in your way. As a result, you're not a victim of society. You're consciously choosing to be unemployed.

Attitudes can be tough to change. If you want to succeed, you'll need to change yours.

This might sound like I'm an old fuddy duddy, but today's young people want to to have it all without working for it. Let me tell you I had to work anything while I was putting myself through college. I worked in a donut shop graveyard making donuts all night, as soon as I finished my shift at 8:00 AM I went straight to school for 6 hours. Studying after school,and getting a couple hours of sleep before rinsing \repeating. You have to earn your stripes in life,if you get a crappy job,swallow your pride and work towards a better goal, your plan of attack if you will. If you don't set your goals early in life,your life will be nothing but hard,living paycheck to paycheck. That's no way to live. I have no pitty for people who don't want to work hard for what they want. If a bum like me can do it,so can you. Just make a life plan,and stick to it.

Nailed it.

Working at a job you dread is far better than collecting welfare waiting for a good job to come to you. All us grayhaired folks have had plenty of jobs we hated - that's why it's called "work". Hard work is not just physically hard, it's also mentally hard work too.

There's been plenty of jobs I've had that I've HATED, and co-workers that I've HATED, and though I was young and stupid, I later came to understand that working jobs I detested and working with people who annoy the mess out of me TAUGHT me things that I could never see at the time. Working a year or two in a crappy dead-end job you hate while taking classes or learning a trade will pay off for you down the road in ways you're not going to see at this stage in your life, but you will later.

Working hard is always better than not. And it also gave me perspective, it paid my bills and you know what - if I had a choice to change it now, I wouldn't dare.

I HATED working fast-food, but I did for 18 months. I HATED construction clean-up, but I did it. I HATED working assembly-line (this was really the worst), but I did it for over a year. And actually, one of the best no-skills-needed jobs I ever had was being a graveyard shift janitor - cleaning toilets, buffing floors, emptying garbage cans... hard work tempers you. It humbles you and lifts you up at the same time. And it gives you respect for yourself and for others who do even worse for even less.

Don't avoid crappy jobs if that's all there is right now, they'll build your character. Any work is better than no work.

And you WILL find your place and you WILL find what job is best for you, but it doesn't happen this year. Or next year. Patience.

Wow, you my friend said it better than I could ever say it. You got my point though. :applause:(worship)

Are you actually living on your own right now? I mean, your own apartment, paying for your own utilities, phone, food, etc., or are you still living with your parents?

Still with my parents paying 600 a month.

That is a big part of your problem. You don't need lessons in how to buy and sell comic books, you need some lessons in life. If you were actually on your own, with a job and paying your own way, you would be surprised at how much "annoyance" you could deal with at a job. When you have a choice of saying what you want and probably being fired or sucking it up and moving forward, it's very different when the consequences are possibly being evicted because you can't pay your rent. I have a hard time believing that your parents would toss you out if you failed to pay your $600.00 for a couple of months, and if they would, good for them, that is exactly what you need. You've been offered some excellent advice here, most of which you ignored, unless it just happened to jive with the way you want things to go. If you take instruction at a job like you take good advice offered to you here, it's no wonder you keep getting fired. You need to grow up and accept that things aren't always going to go the way you would like them to. As far as the money you got scammed out of, I hope you get it back, but when you are over 21 years old, living with your parents and getting public assistance, you have no business spending $4.00 on a luxury like a comic book, much less $400.00. You need to sell every one of your comics for what you can get, get a job and get out on your own. What you paid for them makes no difference anymore. They're worth what someone is willing to pay you for them. You seem to have an excuse for everything and some of them are downright laughable! I mean, for crying out loud, you're fine until someone pisses you off? Really? Learn to deal with it, it's called LIFE! You need to start making your own way instead of playing at being a comic book dealer while someone else pays your bills for you. Start paying your own way, like everyone else on these boards and I guarantee that your self esteem and self respect will increase tremendously. A good start would be getting a job, and I don't buy for a second that you can't find a job. I do believe that you can't find the perfect job that happens to appeal to you. I would be willing to bet that if you put as much time and energy into getting a job as you spend on comics, you would have a job in two weeks or less. Is it going to be your dream job? Probably not, but if you want something better, you work your butt off and you earn it. Look at any of the people on these boards whose advice you say you want. Do you think they got where they are by magic? Hell no, they worked their butts off and earned what they have. Why should you be any different?

haha

Good luck in life...

DSC01167.jpg

I got it!

Just throw your unused applications there. hm

Scammer update

A while back I bought a gsx #1 that never showed up and I got scammed by chris catanzaro for $422.98 the reason I say this now is because I found someone that is tracking him and makes it his goal to stop him as he successfully got his money back before he ran off again. Tbh I'm feeling giddy and a glimmer of hope with those words. :)

This is an overlooked update.

Did you find this guy or did he find you?

I keep reading this thread and I keep thinking it must be a sham...

But then I realize it's just another millennial that can't be bothered to pull up his socks and be a man. Plus I've got to work a job I don't enjoy, yeah, imagine that. Which entitles me to pay taxes that help fund ol' Gabe here so he can keep thumbing his every hour of the day minus the two a week he puts aside to pretend to find a job so his case worker will sign off on his B.S.

My advice, realize the world doesn't revolve around you and your nonsense dream and get a job.

Nailed it.

And you WILL find your place and you WILL find what job is best for you, but if it doesn't happen this year, that's okay. Or next year, that's still okay. Patience.

Thanks it's not that I don't want to work hard I've worked a few of those jobs and put up with people as for building character I'm not sure what you mean. I've learned a few things from each of my jobs but I'm not with patience to begin with which is something I need to learn.

Not many do but you have to grit your teeth and push through it to get somewhere better. You have to learn to keep your emotions in check.

That's true I do want to go somewhere better later on but I need any job but construction right now.

I'll :bump: this as you somehow missed it......

http://ca.indeed.com/jobs-in-Niagara-Falls,-ON

Currently 2181 jobs being advertised in Niagra Falls, including Night Stacker, Cleaner, Fast-Food.

Those 3 are all entry level.

Seems pretty easy to find an entry level job if you actually want one.

No I didn't miss it but that made me angry most of those results weren't even in my area and if it's as easy as you said I'd already have a job.

So now you won't get a job because they are too far away?

No buses in Niagra?

I can use the buses but that's not what I meant I'm applying to jobs that are within 10-25km of where I am as opposed to 50-100km

haha

Good luck in life...

DSC01167.jpg

I got it!

Just throw your unused applications there. hm

I do apply for jobs I don't throw out the applications.

Scammer update

A while back I bought a gsx #1 that never showed up and I got scammed by chris catanzaro for $422.98 the reason I say this now is because I found someone that is tracking him and makes it his goal to stop him as he successfully got his money back before he ran off again. Tbh I'm feeling giddy and a glimmer of hope with those words. :)

This is an overlooked update.

Did you find this guy or did he find you?

Actually a admin contacted me and posted it on the groups for me to be aware of this guy apparently he's notorious and scamming thousands of dollars from people.

Edited by uchiha101

I keep reading this thread and I keep thinking it must be a sham...

But then I realize it's just another millennial that can't be bothered to pull up his socks and be a man. Plus I've got to work a job I don't enjoy, yeah, imagine that. Which entitles me to pay taxes that help fund ol' Gabe here so he can keep thumbing his every hour of the day minus the two a week he puts aside to pretend to find a job so his case worker will sign off on his B.S.

My advice, realize the world doesn't revolve around you and your nonsense dream and get a job.

This isn't a sham and I was born in 1992. If you hate a why don't you leave it? I measure a job by many things one of them being stress vs how much I need the job and it's paying. Taxes are something you pay no matter what unless you're evading them and I'm not hurting you in any way except the fact that you don't think I'm doing enough which I agree but I never pretend to do something. I never said the world revolves around me and I'm working on getting a job.

Are you actually living on your own right now? I mean, your own apartment, paying for your own utilities, phone, food, etc., or are you still living with your parents?

Still with my parents paying 600 a month.

That is a big part of your problem. You don't need lessons in how to buy and sell comic books, you need some lessons in life. If you were actually on your own, with a job and paying your own way, you would be surprised at how much "annoyance" you could deal with at a job. When you have a choice of saying what you want and probably being fired or sucking it up and moving forward, it's very different when the consequences are possibly being evicted because you can't pay your rent. I have a hard time believing that your parents would toss you out if you failed to pay your $600.00 for a couple of months, and if they would, good for them, that is exactly what you need. You've been offered some excellent advice here, most of which you ignored, unless it just happened to jive with the way you want things to go. If you take instruction at a job like you take good advice offered to you here, it's no wonder you keep getting fired. You need to grow up and accept that things aren't always going to go the way you would like them to. As far as the money you got scammed out of, I hope you get it back, but when you are over 21 years old, living with your parents and getting public assistance, you have no business spending $4.00 on a luxury like a comic book, much less $400.00. You need to sell every one of your comics for what you can get, get a job and get out on your own. What you paid for them makes no difference anymore. They're worth what someone is willing to pay you for them. You seem to have an excuse for everything and some of them are downright laughable! I mean, for crying out loud, you're fine until someone pisses you off? Really? Learn to deal with it, it's called LIFE! You need to start making your own way instead of playing at being a comic book dealer while someone else pays your bills for you. Start paying your own way, like everyone else on these boards and I guarantee that your self esteem and self respect will increase tremendously. A good start would be getting a job, and I don't buy for a second that you can't find a job. I do believe that you can't find the perfect job that happens to appeal to you. I would be willing to bet that if you put as much time and energy into getting a job as you spend on comics, you would have a job in two weeks or less. Is it going to be your dream job? Probably not, but if you want something better, you work your butt off and you earn it. Look at any of the people on these boards whose advice you say you want. Do you think they got where they are by magic? Hell no, they worked their butts off and earned what they have. Why should you be any different?

You're right I never lived on my own unless you count being homeless or the time I was at college. I have been kicked out before for a period of a month and to answer the question they would kick me out as they care about money. I can't say if I'd speak my mind or not if I was alone or not but I do bite my tongue if I need the job also I haven't used any of the governments money to buy any comics with I've used my own nothing more. Again I haven't used any of the governments money to buy any comics whatever I've used is what I made. I don't know as I never calculated how much time I spend on here but I have stopped using two sites I frequent and after applying to about 150 jobs and getting no call backs that's not exactly encouraging. I know that a min wage isn't a dream job it's a means to a end and to get by till I find something better. No they didn't get here by magic they did it by hard work that's the thing you can work hard your whole life and have nothing to show for it I don't want that I want to learn how to make money work for me and you ask what makes them different? well they are smarter, have more money, experience, patience and more. I've finished high school at 17, went to college at 18, dropped out at 19 and over the last 4 years I don't know myself what I'm doing. I studied to be a doctor and a video game artist I failed the per-requirements of a doctor by 15% as biology and chemistry are things I'm not good at.I know my end goal I don't know how to get there but I do know I like helping people.

8 8