• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Job progress

I went to the resume help with the employment help center and he asked how many jobs I applied for in a years time and after I said 300 he looked at my resume and laughed saying no wonder you can't get a job this is garbage.

So what he's helping me with

I need to write down all the experience I have and what I did in those jobs.

Have you finished this?

His advice/direction to you on the 10th was the same advice I gave you (after reviewing your resume) on the 1st. Almost 20 days later, where does your revised resume stand?

(I assume you showed him your original one, not the one I gave you that was reformatted?)

Dont get bogged down in "careercruising" right now. First get a JOB, then figure out the career thing. Or I should say, dont stop looking for a J-O-B because of some idealization of finding a career.

1. fix the resume (as he and I and others have said)

2. use that resume to apply to a boat load of jobs

Also I'l be curious to see what your caseworker said about your comic purchases... I know you said you had to report income grater than what $200? I assume you have to report expenditures? Or no?

Whatever you spent on those two comics should have been spent on living expenses, rather than leaving the welfare check to pay for those living expenses.

Reality check: You DO NOT have money right now to be buying comics, even if you are rationalizing them as an "investment" If you're on welfare you dont put money in the stock market, you dont invest in your 401k. You pay your bills.

I had no job last year and my family was living off just one income. You know how many comics I bought? 1, uno, a single. And i think it cost $8. Why? because it would not be responsible for me to use money that was needed for living expenses on luxury items (and that's all comics is at this point).

So again I ask. Is your resume updated?

Job progress

I went to the resume help with the employment help center and he asked how many jobs I applied for in a years time and after I said 300 he looked at my resume and laughed saying no wonder you can't get a job this is garbage.

So what he's helping me with

I need to write down all the experience I have and what I did in those jobs.

Have you finished this?

His advice/direction to you on the 10th was the same advice I gave you (after reviewing your resume) on the 1st. Almost 20 days later, where does your revised resume stand?

(I assume you showed him your original one, not the one I gave you that was reformatted?)

Dont get bogged down in "careercruising" right now. First get a JOB, then figure out the career thing. Or I should say, dont stop looking for a J-O-B because of some idealization of finding a career.

1. fix the resume (as he and I and others have said)

2. use that resume to apply to a boat load of jobs

Also I'l be curious to see what your caseworker said about your comic purchases... I know you said you had to report income grater than what $200? I assume you have to report expenditures? Or no?

Whatever you spent on those two comics should have been spent on living expenses, rather than leaving the welfare check to pay for those living expenses.

Reality check: You DO NOT have money right now to be buying comics, even if you are rationalizing them as an "investment" If you're on welfare you dont put money in the stock market, you dont invest in your 401k. You pay your bills.

I had no job last year and my family was living off just one income. You know how many comics I bought? 1, uno, a single. And i think it cost $8. Why? because it would not be responsible for me to use money that was needed for living expenses on luxury items (and that's all comics is at this point).

So again I ask. Is your resume updated?

Did I update my resume? I updated it with what you guys told me but other then that I was told to let him handle it. Yeah I report what I make. Then I'll need to find a job faster if I can get off welfare. My resume is update with what you told me on paper but I'll have to take it to him and see what he says.

http://ca.indeed.com/jobs-in-Niagara-Falls,-ON

This week 2282 jobs WHERE YOU LIVE.

I bet you didn't apply at Walmart for the stacker job.

Bet you didn't.

This week - server job pays over $14 an hour.

If you can get a bus to a comic con, you can go apply for these jobs.

Or do you intend the rest of Canada to pay for your comic japers?

Why are you buying comics? ???

I sold a few of my bigger comics and wanted to buy some this time at a better price unlike the other times.

WTF!?? You "wanted" them!???

You wanted, you took, and then instead of taking any spare cash you had and saving it or using it to get a job, you spent it on expensive luxuries and then handed your bills to your fellow Canadians to pay.

Congratulations.

And THAT right there is YOUR own personal "cycle of poverty" that began and will continue with YOU and only you.

Own it - your poverty and your lack of a job is all yours (along with a Tec 359 you didn't pay for - enjoy getting what you "want" for free)

As I said to you long ago - Poverty and welfare have almost nothing to do with lack of money - in almost all cases, it's the consequences of one's continual string of bad choices.

The truth is - you're choosing to remain poor and on welfare. There is no "cycle" - there is only a straight line path to perpetual poverty made by you hour by your, and day after day.

Hell, even if you GOT a job tomorrow and could actually keep it, your habits, choices and character you show off in this thread means you'll be probably living paycheck-to-paycheck (or welfare-check to welfare-check) for the rest of your life because of stupid mess like this.

This is like an addiction for you isn't it? It's like you're just incapable of just not buying luxuries (like expensive comics).

Stop.

Just stop.

Unbelievable.

doh!

http://ca.indeed.com/jobs-in-Niagara-Falls,-ON

This week 2282 jobs WHERE YOU LIVE.

I bet you didn't apply at Walmart for the stacker job.

Bet you didn't.

This week - server job pays over $14 an hour.

If you can get a bus to a comic con, you can go apply for these jobs.

Or do you intend the rest of Canada to pay for your comic japers?

Where are these results? I search and only get 600 and not all apply to me.

I'm amazed how people get upset in this thread

Because so many people have tried to help him - for naught. But you're right, Gabriel is gonna do what he is gonna do and expecting him to follow our advice is clearly pointless.

I don't follow all the advice I get like giving this up I'm not doing that and if I get stuck and I don't know what to do I either ask or check here.

Because so many people have tried to help him - for naught. But you're right, Gabriel is gonna do what he is gonna do and expecting him to follow our advice is clearly pointless.

I don't follow all the advice I get like giving this up I'm not doing that and if I get stuck and I don't know what to do I either ask or check here.

It isn't about following past advice. That is up to you but now you are in an entirely different set of circumstances. You need to give up buying and trading comic books because you can't afford to do it anymore. It is very selfish of you to get welfare but continue mismanaging money, money coming in that is to assist you in finding a new job and to live, not to spend on hobbies or pipe dreams.

It seems your bridges are being burned pretty quickly and you won't have anyone here trying to give you advice if that keeps up. 2c

Edited by The First Avenger

Why are you buying comics? ???

I sold a few of my bigger comics and wanted to buy some this time at a better price unlike the other times.

WTF!?? You "wanted" them!???

You wanted, you took, and then instead of taking any spare cash you had and saving it or using it to get a job, you spent it on expensive luxuries and then handed your bills to your fellow Canadians to pay.

Congratulations.

And THAT right there is YOUR own personal "cycle of poverty" that began and will continue with YOU and only you.

Own it - your poverty and your lack of a job is all yours (along with a Tec 359 you didn't pay for - enjoy getting what you "want" for free)

As I said to you long ago - Poverty and welfare have almost nothing to do with lack of money - in almost all cases, it's the consequences of one's continual string of bad choices.

The truth is - you're choosing to remain poor and on welfare. There is no "cycle" - there is only a straight line path to perpetual poverty made by you hour by your, and day after day.

Hell, even if you GOT a job tomorrow and could actually keep it, your habits, choices and character you show off in this thread means you'll be probably living paycheck-to-paycheck (or welfare-check to welfare-check) for the rest of your life because of stupid mess like this.

This is like an addiction for you isn't it? It's like you're just incapable of just not buying luxuries (like expensive comics).

Stop.

Just stop.

Unbelievable.

doh!

I have a problem with gambling if that's what you mean and I'm not sure how you stop it. When I went to get welfare I had 200 dollars left over the funny thing is people gave me money to hold onto and I never spent it because it's theirs not mine. My decisions get me into a lot of trouble and I do need to change what I'm doing so I have a therapist in training helping me.

It isn't about following past advice. That is up to you but now you are in an entirely different set of circumstances. You need to give up buying and trading comic books because you can't afford to do it anymore. It is very selfish of you to get welfare but continue mismanaging money, money coming in that is to assist you in finding a new job and to live, not to spend on hobbies or pipe dreams.

It seems your bridges are being burned pretty quickly and you won't have anyone here trying to give you advice if that keeps up. 2c

I've given up trading till 2017 since I'm sure but then I'll have a job and be more stable. So what would be the 200 income I'd earn selling my comics a month? I understand that I'm burning bridges but this is because of what I'm doing right now that will change when I get a job.

bingo.gif

8 8