• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My road to success (Moving Update 2)
8 8

6,552 posts in this topic

Possible Deal

I found a BB28 CGC 2.5 for 1200 while browsing for good deals and I contacted the guy as soon as I could. He replied back and said he has it and after some back and forth he'll be sending the comic after 3 days.

Is it blue-label? That sounds like a deal that's "too good to be true". Or a seller who is clueless about what they have.

Tread lightly and as others said, be protected. If it turns out legit, sweet deal there.

Blue label 2.5 and yes it does sound too good to be true but then again it was posted when a 2.5 sold for 1800 but yeah I will be taking precautions

for future ref, consider posting about this type of thing AFTER the sale has been completed. There are some ultra sleuths out there (in here) who don't need 3 days to find this guy and make him an offer he can't refuse or a friend to alert him to the value he's losing. There's no downside to waiting for the transacted sale to be complete, but there is a potential downside to premature announcements....

and that's without mentioning that the person you eventually hope to sell to might remember this thread and try to talk you down on price as a result.

"Found a GREAT price on a low grade BB28. He's shipping it in three days, hope its for real!!!" Would probably suffice, if you had to say something.

Possible Deal

I found a BB28 CGC 2.5 for 1200 while browsing for good deals and I contacted the guy as soon as I could. He replied back and said he has it and after some back and forth he'll be sending the comic after 3 days.

Is it blue-label? That sounds like a deal that's "too good to be true". Or a seller who is clueless about what they have.

Tread lightly and as others said, be protected. If it turns out legit, sweet deal there.

Blue label 2.5 and yes it does sound too good to be true but then again it was posted when a 2.5 sold for 1800 but yeah I will be taking precautions

for future ref, consider posting about this type of thing AFTER the sale has been completed. There are some ultra sleuths out there (in here) who don't need 3 days to find this guy and make him an offer he can't refuse or a friend to alert him to the value he's losing. There's no downside to waiting for the transacted sale to be complete, but there is a potential downside to premature announcements....

and that's without mentioning that the person you eventually hope to sell to might remember this thread and try to talk you down on price as a result.

"Found a GREAT price on a low grade BB28. He's shipping it in three days, hope its for real!!!" Would probably suffice, if you had to say something.

Great advice. Just wait a few days.

I myself like to give prices because I think it is good to pass as much info along as possible but I no longer include it. People seem avoid the dollar amounts here. I think adding prices takes away from the books, which should be the focus not the fact that they are commodities.

Possible Deal

Again as always great advice on you're right I probably should have waited after saying it and as for selling it I would hold until I got the offer I wanted

Possible Deal

Great advice. Just wait a few days.

I myself like to give prices because I think it is good to pass as much info along as possible but I no longer include it. People seem avoid the dollar amounts here. I think adding prices takes away from the books, which should be the focus not the fact that they are commodities.

I like giving prices to and since gpa isn't the end all be all the boardies will say it's too good to be true and give great advice but I'll hold off until I get the comic next time.

Please make sure you're protected (Paypal or CC) before you send that $$$. :wishluck:

Money will be sent via goods and services

I'm not sure if you're doing this or not, but paying through Paypal with a credit card will give you an extra layer of protection. If you pay with your bank account or your Paypal balance and the other person empties their account, you could potentially be out of luck. With the credit card, you have the option of going the chargeback route if all else fails. This is a really good idea when dealing with people you're not familiar with.

Dare I ask...How are things on the job front?

and this- been almost a week since WC asked...... FAR more important than the book - this brings stability which is what you need BEFORE you work on the comic front.....

BB28 Update

The comic had been purchased huzzah I'm excited to get it.

It has been a week since payment, did you get the book yet?

According to tracking I should either get the comic tomorrow or the day after tomorrow

Please make sure you're protected (Paypal or CC) before you send that $$$. :wishluck:

Money will be sent via goods and services

I'm not sure if you're doing this or not, but paying through Paypal with a credit card will give you an extra layer of protection. If you pay with your bank account or your Paypal balance and the other person empties their account, you could potentially be out of luck. With the credit card, you have the option of going the chargeback route if all else fails. This is a really good idea when dealing with people you're not familiar with.

I have heard about that but I don't have a credit card yet only my payal attached to my bank account.

and this- been almost a week since WC asked...... FAR more important than the book - this brings stability which is what you need BEFORE you work on the comic front.....

Things on the job front suck :P

and yet, still have the time and money to risk on $1K+ comic 'investments', despite being on gov't support less than a year ago. And yes I get that it's a great 'deal' on the comic. But a better 'deal' might be paying for some classes or vocational training to generate future income streams

and yet, still have the time and money to risk on $1K+ comic 'investments', despite being on gov't support less than a year ago. And yes I get that it's a great 'deal' on the comic. But a better 'deal' might be paying for some classes or vocational training to generate future income streams

I keep my paypal money and living money separate. I agree that a better "deal" would be classes but I have no idea what I want to do anymore so I'll will stick with a min wage job for now. I know you're going to say "You have a min wage job you shouldn't complain that it sucks" but I had two jobs that I enjoyed working at and my only complaints were two coworkers there but other then that great. Also I view classes as a bad investment because that would also be wasted money should it not turn out for me. Yes when I see a deal I'll go after it.

I keep my paypal money and living money separate. I agree that a better "deal" would be classes but I have no idea what I want to do anymore so I'll will stick with a min wage job for now. I know you're going to say "You have a min wage job you shouldn't complain that it sucks" but I had two jobs that I enjoyed working at and my only complaints were two coworkers there but other then that great. Also I view classes as a bad investment because that would also be wasted money should it not turn out for me. Yes when I see a deal I'll go after it.

A bad investment (seriously) - is comic books - the market is extremely volatile - and you keep trying to work in the higher end books instead of learning from the ground up. Unless you have 20K bank for your business - you should not be dropping 1.5K on a single book. Having too much of your capital wrapped up in single entities - is a recipe for investment disaster.

Before hunting down new books - you need to fix your old ones. I gave you advice on the TEC you have listed - and the problems are still there. You need a real front cover image. You need to give it a real grade. You need to price to grade.

A good investment - would be interview lessons. Technical writing lessons. Something that is useful across multiple disciplines or job hunting.

What do you hate about your job?

BB28 Update

According to tracking I should either get the comic tomorrow or the day after tomorrow

:popcorn:

BB28 Update

:popcorn:

I got a update that they delivered supposedly or tried to twice so I'm calling them Monday to see if I can pick it up myself

8 8