• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CCS QuickPress vs Regular Press

18 posts in this topic

Does anyone know the difference between CCS' QuickPress vs their standard pressing service, other than the 20 book minimum for Quickpress? The standard pressing service costs $4 more per book and takes 2-3 times as long. (shrug)

Does anyone know the difference between CCS' QuickPress vs their standard pressing service, other than the 20 book minimum for Quickpress? The standard pressing service costs $4 more per book and takes 2-3 times as long. (shrug)

The QP is a one and done type press. They press the books then move them along. With the others, I believe they get pressed, evaluated and then repressed if necessary.

And FWIW, the QP isn't all that quick. Took 5 weeks on my last QP submission. That's not so "quick" IMO

I believe also that with the quick press, CCS does not screen to ensure a book is a good candidate for pressing. Like Brock said above, they take the book, no inspection and iron it which could lead to damage, e.g., popped staples on books that may be tenuous to press. You assume the responsibility.

This is from their website -

"CCS does not offer its Screening service for QuickPress. As a result, please take care not to submit books with low page quality or weak staple areas."

Yikes, I don't like the sound of that.

Yeah, it is quite a bit cheaper but if the book is questionable/fragile at all, I certainly wouldn't recommend this option.

The quickpress does come with dry cleaning inlcuded in the price, I believe, which is a plus if that could help.

If my memory serves me correctly, the quickie press is a dry clean and trip though the press. The regular press also includes spot pressing and multiple trips through the press if necessary. I would suggest inquiring with CCS as their customer service is competent and friendly in my experience.

There are other pressing services that offer a more personal care and approach to your books. I may not be allowed to name them but I have used both and even if the price were the same I would still prefer using a kangaroo.

There are other pressing services that offer a more personal care and approach to your books. I may not be allowed to name them but I have used both and even if the price were the same I would still prefer using a kangaroo.

A young kangaroo?

Who's doing the pressing for CCS?

I thought Matt still did all the pressing but I'm not sure if that is still accurate.

No...he doesn't do all the pressing and I doubt he even looks at QP books. I suspect there's a few employees that handle the bulk of the books and Matt handles the high $ books...like a certain Action 1 CGC 9.0 :baiting:

Who's doing the pressing for CCS?

I thought Matt still did all the pressing but I'm not sure if that is still accurate.

No...he doesn't do all the pressing and I doubt he even looks at QP books. I suspect there's a few employees that handle the bulk of the books and Matt handles the high $ books...like a certain Action 1 CGC 9.0 :baiting:

Yeah I guess that would be a look t of pressing for one person :tonofbricks: but it could e explain the slow turn around times lol

I get a lot of questions about QP. They go through the same process as full press books, but any defects that remain will not be removed. A QP usually removes most or all defects, depending on the grade of the book. Moderns are not the only candidates for pressing. In fact, the lower the grade, the more dramatic the improvement, so this is a good service for VG to VF.

There is no prescreen option for QP books, but the value limit is only $200, so any high value books that would benefit from a screening don't qualify anyway. Just watch out for excessive tanning or weak spines and staples.

I don't disassemble books for pressing, and frown upon anyone who does it for that purpose. All CCS books are carefully QC'd after pressing to ensure they are fully and properly pressed. This has been and always will be the case.

The past month or so QP got backed up, but we are back to the 1-2 week turnaround.

Sorry.. which is better then, I am about to send my first batch off of 25 which includes some Walking Deads from the early 2000s. so with the replies above what is the definitive answer?

Thank you,

Icarus