• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
45 45

6,115 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Screenshot_20201123-150215.thumb.png.fd49bd03a5bea26c58d31a56c413ac89.png

Personally, I would submit a #229 and see what you get back! :makepoint:

18 hours ago, kenaran said:

Randomly found on ebay.  Clicked it as I was curious about how a 9.6 could have corner dings visible in the thumb, then I saw the rip.  I'll admit to being bad at grading, but....  Can only hope it was abuse after grading, though it looks fairly well centered in the slab.

001.png

002.png

003.png

With this being an older style slab I can see the possibility of tampering on the case as I can't imagine any way a rip could be made post-encapsulation.  However, it's possible it was missed but I just don't see realistically how and no way a rip gets you a 9.6.  This one I file under 'potential' tampering along with the 'potential' QC issue 50/50.

I just don't understand some of these. I realize that mistakes happen sometimes. But if every slab goes through a QC process then clearly some of these were not even looked at. The most basic of checks weren't done. 

2 hours ago, wombat said:

I just don't understand some of these. I realize that mistakes happen sometimes. But if every slab goes through a QC process then clearly some of these were not even looked at. The most basic of checks weren't done. 

Hard to argue that.  But, at least, if you call or email them they will actually fix the problem, and promptly, which is more than I can say for some companies.  *cough*

On 12/1/2020 at 9:41 PM, Off Panel said:

Okay, I’m just going to say it.

”Weiner bangs” is the best thing I’ve read this week.

I totally concur...I laughed close to 10 seconds after reading that the first time and laughed again as I typed this!

On 12/1/2020 at 6:07 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Screenshot_20201201-190524.thumb.png.150aaed4b378ef82a2304c1c0bb81ae2.png

:roflmao:

On 12/1/2020 at 8:41 PM, Off Panel said:

Okay, I’m just going to say it.

”Weiner bangs” is the best thing I’ve read this week.

On 12/3/2020 at 8:05 PM, JohnFranklin said:

I totally concur...I laughed close to 10 seconds after reading that the first time and laughed again as I typed this!

72fT.gif.fc3004672b19c3e16c34dad9e8373ec9.gif

Although maybe I need to step up my manscaping.  So do wiener bangs lead to a taint mullet?manscape.jpg.3f8a77bbbaedfdbf0900e2734c8893f7.jpg