• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
45 45

6,067 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

FB_IMG_1607808244369.thumb.jpg.e53365fffd3ec3ae583594d17463d0b5.jpg

Dyslexic label maker(shrug)

Hi, rather than start a new thread I thought it would be best just to ask here. Not really sure if it is a quality control issue. I just received a few books back from getting re-holdered and on my Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love 2 I noticed something I've seen before on CGC slabs which is a whitish sort of scuffing or blemishes. In most examples they don't seem to be on the surface of the holder but I suppose either on the inner surface of the holder or on either side of the inner holder, or perhaps on the book itself (but I don't think the latter is the case) . Like I said I have seen this before,maybe some of you have also, any idea what these marks might be? 

New holder on top, old one on bottom. There also seems to be scratches on the new holder (near the tree, her face, and her shoulder) that weren't visable on the old holder. Another thing I can't figure out is both the old and new slabs show these marks, but in different places on the comic. Weird. PS try not to mind the glare my old HP 8250 leaves on the slab. Thank you.

n.jpg

1971-12 The Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love 2.jpg

Edited by Professor Chaos

7 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Hi, rather than start a new thread I thought it would be best just to ask here. Not really sure if it is a quality control issue. I just received a few books back from getting re-holdered and on my Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love 2 I noticed something I've seen before on CGC slabs which is a whitish sort of scuffing or blemishes. In most examples they don't seem to be on the surface of the holder but I suppose either on the inner surface of the holder or on either side of the inner holder, or perhaps on the book itself (but I don't think the latter is the case) . Like I said I have seen this before,maybe some of you have also, any idea what these marks might be? 

New holder on top, old one on bottom. There also seems to be scratches on the new holder (near the tree, her face, and her shoulder) that weren't visable on the old holder. Another thing I can't figure out is both the old and new slabs show these marks, but in different places on the comic. Weird. PS try not to mind the glare my old HP 8250 leaves on the slab. Thank you.

n.jpg

1971-12 The Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love 2.jpg

I'm sorry this happened to you. I do see the issues you're talking about. I would contact CGC and get the book reholdered if possible... 

14 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

Scuffing on the inside of cases is unfortunately relatively common now, and appears to be CGC's solution for newton rings.

24 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

I think I will. Also I noticed a lot more scratches on the holder. I'll post here as to what they say. I still wonder just what causes those whitish marks. 

As long as you take clear and detailed pictures of obvious inside blemishes, they should help you out.

Also, I see those "inner specs" to be more common on foil covers; for the most part I wanted to live with it but it still hella annoys me.

On 12/8/2020 at 12:57 AM, MagicMan_2017 said:

If that's a Weiner Bang ... then what's this heat sealed to one of my Spider-Man #1 Platinum books???

alfred1.jpg.95ccfe7b0be9ade769c51d5debb027bf.jpg

Since none of the pube experts in here seem interested in answering you.

That.....my friend......is Alfred Hitchcock's weiner bang.

And based on color, length, and the amount of kink.....I'd say circa 1974....or possibly early 1975.

alfred2.jpg.23806db420a1cf28f9b97b70c3c7a3fc.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato

5 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Since none of the pube experts in here seem interested in answering you.

That.....my friend......is Alfred Hitchcock's weiner bang.

And based on color, length, and the amount of kink.....I'd say circa 1974....or possibly early 1975.

alfred2.jpg.23806db420a1cf28f9b97b70c3c7a3fc.jpg

^^

dNrg0Rm.gif.992eb1a9ccdb8851bbd802eefde1fd5e.gif