• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
45 45

6,115 posts in this topic

On 3/11/2021 at 5:16 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

It’s a QC disgrace .  Whoever let this book slide should be sacked.

Things do happen. I recall back in my youth when I worked for a publisher who printed travel guides and we went to print with "Britsh Columbia" on the cover of a book... That was the ONLY text on the cover. How does a team of editors of proofreaders miss that, right? Sadly, it happens. Fortunately, the mistake was caught before the books were delivered! 

On 1/17/2021 at 10:45 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

DEAFAD2C-6195-40A6-9999-DC04C38B6609.png

CDD06B57-96C1-48D0-B52D-97ABA5ADA0B4.jpeg

Honestly, where are we as a society when something like this needs to be explained 

This seems like an expensive mistake. Currently on eBay. Seller is kind enough to be honest about it, but that’s a $10k label difference. Notice the cracked case too. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AVENGERS-1-SILVER-FOIL-CGC-9-8-With-ERROR-Label-Showing-Gold-Foil-/294182725909?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

13C275DB-D96C-4C56-874C-ED193DD2F1FF.jpeg

2178D455-6FB1-48F5-B70B-323BB9EB2F09.jpeg

Edited by Msgarmar

12 minutes ago, MB1952 said:

what is going on with CGC QC this is insane :kidaround:

do they don't see the multiple complaints on this boards?????:preach:

The boards, facebook, instagram... 

9 minutes ago, THE_BEYONDER said:

do they don’t see them?

Here is a bigger thought... remember when we all scoffed at a certain someone's AF15's getting damaged?

Maybe we were wrong.  Because, the more I see the more I am open to the idea that while that individual was a little off, that he may not have been wrong. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Here is a bigger thought... remember when we all scoffed at a certain someone's AF15's getting damaged?

Maybe we were wrong.  Because, the more I see the more I am open to the idea that while that individual was a little off, that he may not have been wrong. 

I’m not going down that rabbit hole today :insane:

12 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

yeah he could have been telling the truth.. . QC is getting worse at CGC...

34 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Wasn't he complaining about a few damaged books?

God, is it possible we owe him an apology?  lol