• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
44 44

6,124 posts in this topic

Nice of them to scrub my comments yet they won't comment on these QC issues.

What got deleted?

It seems several were removed. I won't repeat mine as I gather it was not deemed appropriate. (tsk)

I think it would just be a lot better if they were a lot more customer centric especially on this forum.

It may just be me, but I'd rather have them spend their CS resources on responding to emails & phone calls than monitoring this forum - the few times I've had issues with their service, I've called them up and gotten it resolved :shrug:

Nice of them to scrub my comments yet they won't comment on these QC issues.

What got deleted?

It seems several were removed. I won't repeat mine as I gather it was not deemed appropriate. (tsk)

I think it would just be a lot better if they were a lot more customer centric especially on this forum.

It may just be me, but I'd rather have them spend their CS resources on responding to emails & phone calls than monitoring this forum - the few times I've had issues with their service, I've called them up and gotten it resolved :shrug:

Perhaps i'm a bit too optimistic that both can be addressed as both are important.

But yes, email and phone should be addressed first. The forum is just a broad stroke bad PR machine for them. If it were my company, I'd want to address some of this and say openly we will help the person, we will look into it, we will try better...doesn't take much time from my vantage point. 2c

Damn.

Seeing stuff like that makes me think of books I've sent to MCS for ultra-strict grading/auctioning.

That CGC 8.5, if cracked out and sent in for auction, what do you think it would grade on MCS, realistically? I know what I think I would get if it were mine, but I'm curious what others think they'd get.

First off before you open the spoiler to reveal the grade look closely and think about the grade you would give it and post the grade you would give based off of the cover alone.

151711.jpg

151712.jpg

151713.jpg

151714.jpg

151715.jpg

Trust me even if you opened the book and rays of sunshine sparkled out you'll never think the inside would give it this much of a bump!...

SHOCKING ISN'T IT???!!!!

151709.jpg

There's no possible way it got that grade. Even an eBay amateur wouldn't give it a VF. Well, never mind. Bad example. There has to be a mistake or some tomfoolery going on with this. And as far as the other damaged books are concerned... sorry, man. That really bites.

Do people scan their more expensive books before submitting? Maybe a video of them placing the books into the box for shipping after inspecting it on camera? All in one shot, of course. I would for really expensive books. It's too much of a risk not to.

I would be shocked if that got better than a 5.0 on MCS grading.
Thank you.

I thought "5.5" myself, but 5.0 might be closer to reality.

It makes me wonder if there's some massive opportunity to snag MCS offerings, then directly over to CGC for an uptick. Toss in fluff services and the mind boggles.

Thank you.

It makes me wonder if there's some massive opportunity to snag MCS offerings, then directly over to CGC for an uptick. Toss in fluff services and the mind boggles.

There's no way that book is a 5.0 or 5.5 - it's crazy how people undergrade books from scans here all the time, with the sole exception being when they're actually selling the books themselves.

Thank you.

There's no way that book is a 5.0 or 5.5 - it's crazy how people undergrade books from scans here all the time, with the sole exception being when they're actually selling the books themselves.

He's referring to what MCS would grade it.

:gossip:

Thank you.

He's referring to what MCS would grade it.

:gossip:

Undergrading is no different than overgrading - both of them are wrong :shrug:

Thank you.

+1

Thank you.

:roflmao::roflmao:

5.0? I just... can't... :roflmao:

6.0/6.5
That falls within what we were discussing about MCS. They're conservative graders (probably increases customer satisfaction while reducing returns) and might go 5.0/5.5 on what we're seeing.

I know I could swing over there right now and start posting images from that range, but it would just clutter up the board. I mean, visually that book shows an overall well-read softness, corner creases and tics of a "used book" of the mid-range variety.

6.0/6.5
That falls within what we were discussing about MCS. They're conservative graders (probably increases customer satisfaction while reducing returns) and might go 5.0/5.5 on what we're seeing.

I know I could swing over there right now and start posting images from that range, but it would just clutter up the board. I mean, visually that book shows an overall well-read softness, corner creases and tics of a "used book" of the mid-range variety.

My point is that calling this book a 5.0/5.5 isn't "conservative", it's just flat-out wrong.

This is an easy 7.5+ book all day long.