• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where in the world was the Quality Control at CGC???
45 45

6,115 posts in this topic

I just received some books back from Sarasota today.

I sent in 7 Wolverine Ltd. #1's and a few other Canadian price variants. I was hoping even with the tough grading as of late, at least 3 or 4 to be graded at least a 9.8.

The Wolverines graded 6 copies at 9.6 and one copy at a 9.4.

I also had 2 other Canadian price variants books come back labeled incorrectly even though the paperwork that was sent to CGC was labeled as Canadian price variants. I did call them and they said they would re-slab the Canadian variant books if I sent them back.

The problem is now I have to resend the books and wait for them to be re-slabbed and sent back. My last three shipments have all had some issues with either wrong size slabs, mislabeled books, or bent corners , warped books because of wrong size inner sleeves. The books are simply not being handled with proper care.

I do expect a way higher standard of quality control by CGC.

With the prices CGC are charging and the time we are forced to wait, we should not have these type of errors, especially when we are told that the books are being checked at different stages from start to finish.

If these type of errors are occurring, how can I trust these same persons to give a proper assigned grade. The current batch I have sent to them will be the last for a while until things improve.

Not happy :frustrated:

I sent in 7 Wolverine Ltd. #1's and a few other Canadian price variants. I was hoping even with the tough grading as of late, at least 3 or 4 to be graded at least a 9.8.

I also had 2 other Canadian price variants books come back labeled incorrectly even though the paperwork that was sent to CGC was labeled as Canadian price variants. I did call them and they said they would re-slab the Canadian variant books if I sent them back.

The problem is now I have to resend the books and wait for them to be re-slabbed and sent back. My last three shipments have all had some issues with either wrong size slabs, mislabeled books, or bent corners , warped books because of wrong size inner sleeves. The books are simply not being handled with proper care.

With the prices CGC are charging and the time we are forced to wait, we should not have these type of errors, especially when we are told that the books are being checked at different stages from start to finish.

If these type of errors are occurring, how can I trust these same persons to give a proper assigned grade. The current batch I have sent to them will be the last for a while until things improve.

Truly disturbing if true

Truly disturbing if true

Very true.

And being a fellow Canadian you must feel the pain of paying a premium for getting books slabbed these days. It's just not worth the 30 percent premium because of our low dollar.

Truly disturbing if true

Very true.

And being a fellow Canadian you must feel the pain of paying a premium for getting books slabbed these days. It's just not worth the 30 percent premium because of our low dollar.

Im planning on dropping 40+ books at a signing in Boston later this year, started saving now for it and hope for the best when the time comes....I should hope it goes smoothly. If not, I don't think I will be sticking around CGC afterwards.

Truly disturbing if true

Very true.

Im planning on dropping 40+ books at a signing in Boston later this year, started saving now for it and hope for the best when the time comes....I should hope it goes smoothly. If not, I don't think I will be sticking around CGC afterwards.

Good luck (thumbs u

Truly disturbing if true

Very true.

Good luck (thumbs u

:) Thanks bud