• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ASM #129 SOCIETY
14 14

855 posts in this topic

Once I get my 9.2 this could be yours! Had this forever & had it slabbed about 5 years ago maybe? Hard to remember. Figured I'd slab it before anything else happened to it. Probably should have had it pressed/cleaned it first, but I didn't. May have been able to bump it a little. Still fun to look at now & then & I do like the wrap. 

ASM_129_1.jpg

ASM_129_2.jpg

Edited by Not A Clone

10 hours ago, Not A Clone said:

Once I get my 9.2 this could be yours! Had this forever & had it slabbed about 5 years ago maybe? Hard to remember. Figured I'd slab it before anything else happened to it. Probably should have had it pressed/cleaned it first, but I didn't. May have been able to bump it a little. Still fun to look at now & then & I do like the wrap. 

I own a 3.0 as well :foryou:

It's all I own, and a higher grade copy is pretty expensive!

Yours does look sweet! With a nice wrap!

Mine is a 3.0 because of spine splits, so it presents nice Too :)

39 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I own a 3.0 as well :foryou:

It's all I own, and a higher grade copy is pretty expensive!

Yours does look sweet! With a nice wrap!

Mine is a 3.0 because of spine splits, so it presents nice Too :)

The front/back book length creases are killing mine the most. 

Only got a Group shot Picture...But ASM 129 is in there

IMO My ASM 129 is probably between 6.5 to 7.5...

I had 2 but traded one that was a lower grade...

I think It was a 4.5 to 5.0 and traded it for a 3.0 to 4.0 Journey Into Mystery #85

I inherited me collection from my grandfather...When I did I found several Key issues that 10 or more copies in 1 bag, for example I found 10 copies of Wolverine #1 limit all in one bag(the bag had a stick that said "10 Copies-Wolverine #1")

When I found The 2 Amazing Spider-Man #129s...They were in A Bag and Backer where you could tell there had been many copies in it, It had a stick that said "11 copies-A. Spider-Man #129"

I went in and asked my dad if he ever remembered my grandpa talking about having 11 copies of ASM 129....He said He did and sometime in the late 90's He sold 9 copies to someone at one time...

It was such an odd experience for me...

I felt so grateful to have found 2 Copies, but also so GUTTED that I almost lucked across 11 Copies and then the more I thought about it Felt completely STUNNED that He just had 11 copies of ASM 129 sitting around .All in the same bag, like it was no big deal..

Untitled 14.png

On 12/9/2018 at 11:43 PM, mrlatko said:

Group shot, minus a CGC 6.5. :cloud9:

IMG_20150403_152852-1.jpg

do just Love this book and want as many copies as you can get?

Or are you buying them to sell?

I went to a small time comic con where I live...and guy had bought a table and set up 32 copies of Green Lantern 76...

I asked why and how he got so many, He said it was his favorite book and he just bought as many copies as he ran across...

2 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Do all copies have to covers? Didn’t know that about this book.

lol :foryou: not "all" do... that what makes the one's with this error cool! You can usually type in, "double cover cgc" on ebay and find several already graded of different books to be sure, but the different books are really few and far between...... there are also triple covers and higher....

On 1/21/2019 at 10:58 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol :foryou: not "all" do... that what makes the one's with this error cool! You can usually type in, "double cover cgc" on ebay and find several already graded of different books to be sure, but the different books are really few and far between...... there are also triple covers and higher....

Got it. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, SECollector said:

I am SO happy to be able to share my ticket to the club! :cloud9: I submitted this raw to CGC, got a 9.2 and I honestly thought and accepted that it was lost for ever in the way from the US to Sweden. The tracking code stopped updating after a week and it had been silent for two weeks since then. USPS and the Swedish post had no idea where it was, which has never ever happened before.

It showed up today, when I got a "reminder" that I had a package to receive in the post-office. For some out-of-this-world reason, the package was assigned a new "Swedish" tracking code when it arrived to Sweden, I never got a notification that it arrived and it was just sitting in the post office for two weeks. Geez...

1476791125_ASM129.thumb.jpg.34f1954a137ac4893d551feedae8e5a9.jpg

Glad you had a good ending there. Really cool book. Hold onto that one.

24 minutes ago, SECollector said:

Tell me about that! :ohnoez: Yep, that's my keeper and it will never leave my house voluntarily lol

Thank the Lord that it finally showed up :) and good thing that you had your info on file so that they could contact you.... :tink:

CONGRATS ^^ 

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 3:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thank the Lord that it finally showed up :) and good thing that you had your info on file so that they could contact you.... :tink:

CONGRATS ^^ 

Congratulations! Its an awesome book to have. One of the all time great covers and a top bronze age key. And that 9.2 is gorgeous!

For about 2 years I've been keeping an eye out for a perfect 9.4, centering, wrap, page quality, color, but just couldn't find the right one and the prices kept shooting up. I've had pretty good luck with 8.5's that look like 9.6's, so used a pile of 'Bay Bucks to get one that will keep me plenty satisfied until I can get that 9.4....

2113408853_IMG_4087(1).thumb.jpg.f6ce15cf34d27260a291a9b320ea2a10.jpg