• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ASM #129 SOCIETY
14 14

855 posts in this topic

I remember buying a 9.8 W copy 4 years ago which I still own. The seller sent an email after the transaction thanking me profusely as the money was going to pay for a nursery for an impending child. I replied and said I hoped it would help and wished his family all the best.

I was truly moved by the sincerity. It was a poignant reminder that there is always a human element.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:50 PM, Martin Sinescu said:

For about 2 years I've been keeping an eye out for a perfect 9.4, centering, wrap, page quality, color, but just couldn't find the right one and the prices kept shooting up. I've had pretty good luck with 8.5's that look like 9.6's, so used a pile of 'Bay Bucks to get one that will keep me plenty satisfied until I can get that 9.4....

2113408853_IMG_4087(1).thumb.jpg.f6ce15cf34d27260a291a9b320ea2a10.jpg

I'm the same way. Here's the one that I miss most selling from 10 years ago.

$725. doh!

I just bought a 9.0 OW/W on the Boards this month, but thanks to some foxing, I'm nowhere near as happy with it.

129 old.jpg

Edited by sledgehammer

7 hours ago, MGsimba77 said:

Another 9.6 white pager sold for $6,088 in the recent c-link auction as well. Seems like sales are tougher on eBay for some reason. There’s one white page copy on eBay sitting at $5650 with best offer. Yet someone paid $6100 roughly on one from the c-link auction and $6600 from heritage. Makes no sense.

6 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Another 9.6 white pager sold for $6,088 in the recent c-link auction as well. Seems like sales are tougher on eBay for some reason. There’s one white page copy on eBay sitting at $5650 with best offer. Yet someone paid $6100 roughly on one from the c-link auction and $6600 from heritage. Makes no sense.

Yeah man some sellers are hitting the snooze! 😴

There was also 2 GSXM 9.6s both white similar eye appeal (i think) sold last Sunday on heritage & Ebay. The HA auction went for 7200 the Ebay sold for 6355 but I don't know if it was a bin or auction on Ebay.

If I'm bidding on a pricey item I'll look to Ebay but if I ever auction anything I'm running to heritage or clink!

41 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I just got this back from CGC, but it's been in my collection for a long time.

Joe

ASM129F.JPG

excellent looking copy! bought off the racks or close to it?

On 7/10/2019 at 8:39 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Ebay is the only source that I buy from where I sweat whether or not that when I open the box I'm going to find a big pile of nothing.

Maybe some people are willing to pay a bit of a premium for the security of avoiding that potential headache.

11 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

excellent looking copy! bought off the racks or close to it?

I'm going to guess that I didn't buy it off the racks. I read comic books until I got to junior high (where it wasn't cool anymore), and I didn't start collecting again until I was in college (1975 - 1980).

Joe

7 hours ago, sledgehammer said:

Ebay is the only source that I buy from where I sweat whether or not that when I open the box I'm going to find a big pile of nothing.

Maybe some people are willing to pay a bit of a premium for the security of avoiding that potential headache.

And on the other side, I never list any of my more valuable slabs on ebay to avoid those "buyers" looking to pull a scam. MyComicShop has been an excellent site to take the worry out of selling and their seller's premium isn't so bad either.

2 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

I think I’ve been out of this club more times than I’d been in it or vice a versa. Who’s counting? Back in again

2187FDE3-D915-48D6-A332-1A01C4AA764F.jpeg

Looks Good! :) @valiantman especially the red on spidies left elbow, fairly centered, except for that pesky "S" in ider-man ha.