• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ASM #129 SOCIETY
14 14

855 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Off Panel said:

Here is my ticket to ride:

IMG_0038.thumb.jpeg.d274d75c49ed437fc712f92ed217f973.jpeg

I'm slowly going back and upgrading the books I loved from my childhood. I thought I'd start by trying to put together a run of ASM 120 through 129, since the 120s were a pretty momentous (although very uneven) group of books.

My first issue of Amazing Spider-man was 146, which I bought off the rack at age 8. I then went on to devour the original clone saga issues of 148 and 149. When I got this issue a few years later, I was incredibly excited, not because of the dude on the cover, but because it was the first appearance of the Jackal!!! 

Man, I was a dumb kid.

You're wiser now! The jackal played a major part in the issues first off the rack lol

Understandable, we all remember our first rack :x

I had to read it and was surprised to hear that the punisher was so easily persuaded Haha, it mystified me compared to the punisher I knew, so determined 

edit: SWEET ADDITION ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, Azkaban said:

I'm in, bought this from my local comic shop for $195. Sent it in for grading no clean or press, I'm happy :applause:

277004649_asm1129001.thumb.jpg.afff4b81e5c0ddf5ebeaca116692f2bc.jpg

Dang! That's a nice scan lol I'm blind or there doesn't look to be much wrong than blunted scuffed corners and a scuffed edge of spine....

What I mean to say is, that presents well! Cool find, glad the seller was able to let it go for that ^^

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

41 minutes ago, universal soldier said:

Here's mine. Picked this up way back in the day for probably $2.75 from Million Year Picnic in Cambridge MA. I think this was one of the first books I had graded as well.

That might possibly be the best $2.75 you ever spent.

6 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Did you just purchase this recently? If so, that purchase turned out quite well for you!

Last year, the guy at my LCS is very good to me (thumbsu he knows I'll pay quickly

19 hours ago, Off Panel said:

That might possibly be the best $2.75 you ever spent.

I save as many of the original price tags as possible. That one certainly sticks in my mind.

On 6/8/2020 at 2:46 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Here's some of my ASM 129 collection...can't get enough of this book (thumbsu

pic1.JPG

Just wow.

I feel like the CGC Census needs to disclose what percentage of 129’s live at your house.

(thumbsu

Thanks, fellas!

i received a few inquiries about the Signatures, and for most copies, it’s Romita, Thomas, and Conway.  There may be a Stan Lee Signature among the lot, but I don’t recall anymore.

clearly, what’s missing is a few 9.8’s, and I’m looking to add them to my collection (thumbsu

On 6/11/2020 at 7:39 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Is Tony still around or did he sell the store?

No idea honestly, haven't been there in many years. I used to go with my Dad when I was younger and he could leave me there and I would pick up a few books and go sit and read them in Harvard Yard. Different times back then for sure...

15 hours ago, Off Panel said:

Nice!

That one looked good even before a pressing!

Yeah, it didn’t make much of a difference.