• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ASM #129 SOCIETY
14 14

855 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Bluemedgroup said:

Shocking that ASM 129 heating up like a wildfire despite no MCU news or even rumors in sight.  Just speculators knowing that eventually Punisher will return to the big screen. 

Well, he is a major character and sometimes values go up and down in waves fir no discernible reason. Right now the collectibles market is smoking hot in general.

I definitely  wouldnt say its very hot, but an uptick? yeah , somewhat., it's been a long time since any up movement on that book, guess its due.....  but like others have said.  Punisher is a popular character (always been and will be) and sometimes theres no reason for the spike, other than ppl wanting the book.  big key comics as a whole seem to be doing pretty good right now :) 

On 12/3/2020 at 10:23 AM, Bluemedgroup said:

Shocking that ASM 129 heating up like a wildfire despite no MCU news or even rumors in sight.  Just speculators knowing that eventually Punisher will return to the big screen. 

3 hours ago, GAMBIT said:

I definitely  wouldnt say its very hot, but an uptick? yeah , somewhat., it's been a long time since any up movement on that book, guess its due.....  but like others have said.  Punisher is a popular character (always been and will be) and sometimes theres no reason for the spike, other than ppl wanting the book.  big key comics as a whole seem to be doing pretty good right now :) 

This book was dead since Nov 2019.  In fact, the book decreased in value in all grades.

when other Bronze Keys and minor keys started to rise in value shortly after March, 2020, this book was still dead.

then in summer, copies below 9.0 started to rise in price, and so did 9.2’s and 9.4’s more recently as folks began to notice the relative value of ASM 129 compared to the recent price hikes/values of other Key Bronze Age books.  The price hikes for the other Bronze Keys far outpaced the ASM 129.

prices on 9.6’s and 9.8’s are still kinda low, but I don’t expect that to last beyond February of the New Year.  This book has a lot of room to grow, and now is a great time to buy.

I got a sneaky suspicion we‘re about to see this book do something special. I think the normal sale has been in the $12K-$13K range as of late. I believe it was going for upwards of $15K or so at one point. Sneaky suspicion though this might break like $20K. We shall see.

ED190373-F52D-45A3-BAA8-B95AC1AAF6D2.jpeg

Edited by LDarkseid1

16 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I got a sneaky suspicion we‘re about to see this book do something special. I think the normal sale has been in the $12K-$13K range as of late. I believe it was going for upwards of $15K or so at one point. Sneaky suspicion though this might break like $20K. We shall see.

ED190373-F52D-45A3-BAA8-B95AC1AAF6D2.jpeg

That auction started less than 24 hours ago and has 11 days left. Crazy. 

I’m watching some other books in the ComicLink auction and they are all off to a hot start (to my dismay). This one may be leading the pack, however.

27 minutes ago, Off Panel said:

That auction started less than 24 hours ago and has 11 days left. Crazy. 

I’m watching some other books in the ComicLink auction and they are all off to a hot start (to my dismay). This one may be leading the pack, however.

Agreed, very impressive early results. Here's where the ASM 129 is at now.

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 2.49.42 PM.png