• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ASM #129 SOCIETY
14 14

855 posts in this topic

I have a ASM129 in CGC9.2. It is also a Mark Jewelers variant. Whilst I can’t know for sure, I believe it’s the highest graded MJI. Anyone guess if this worth … more?

On 5/18/2023 at 10:38 AM, Efrew said:

I have a ASM129 in CGC9.2. It is also a Mark Jewelers variant. Whilst I can’t know for sure, I believe it’s the highest graded MJI. Anyone guess if this worth … more?

I used to own this 9.2 back in my Spidey collecting days - you didn't buy it, did you? :bigsmile:

129mjicgcc.thumb.jpg.2286128a42ff9bdbc5429bf3bab067fd.jpg

I paid a premium for it back then and though I don't follow pricing anymore (too painful!) I'm sure it would still command a reasonable premium today. 

On 5/18/2023 at 10:46 AM, Efrew said:

Oh that’s a nice one. I’ll school label. Mine’s newer, so there’s at least 2 out there

Yes, I should've kept it. You never know, your copy might be my old one but 'cracked out', as they say. Being an old school label, it may have had a chance at a higher grade in the new maximising world that CGC have brought upon us. That said, there are probably loads of them out there. The insert gives the book greater protection so there may be more high grade copies circulating than you might expect. Either way, I'd say a minimum 10% premium for a MJI copy. Good luck. 

Comic collecting is like that. Regrets selling the ones that stand the test of time.

there was a guy in the MJI threat that trawlled through sales data. He mentioned in the past 10 years. Only 2 ASM129 cgc9.2 traded and none higher. So…maybe there isn’t anything better