• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ASM #129 SOCIETY
14 14

855 posts in this topic

45 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Congratulations!  Awesome book. I always thought CGC would downgrade slightly for a bit of a mis-wrap?

This was discussed in another thread. It appears they do not downgrade in 9.8 for a slight mis-wrap but they will downgrade for a mis-cut. 

As a child in the mid 80's, The Punisher was always my favourite Marvel character, different from others as he was the cool anti-hero without the special powers of others. My tastes have changed as I grew older but there's always a place in my heart for Frank that takes me back to those fond memories of excitedly picking up a copy from my local newsagent every month. The reason why I just had to get his first appearance, for the sake of nostalgia.

Anyway, this is my humble addition to the club that I was very lucky to purchase a little while ago before prices went sky-high.

IMG_0341.PNG

Edited by SinjonSmythe

I've noticed something after looking at dozens of copies of this issue. Has anyone noticed or discussed this before? On like a third to half of the books I've seen, no matter what the grade, just to the right of the black box Punisher logo, at the edge of the book, there is a dark brownish spot on the yellow cover. It's always in about the same spot, same color and about the same size. Anyone know what this is? Is it something from the interior cover? A manufacturing issue? 

6 hours ago, sirwesker said:

I've noticed something after looking at dozens of copies of this issue. Has anyone noticed or discussed this before? On like a third to half of the books I've seen, no matter what the grade, just to the right of the black box Punisher logo, at the edge of the book, there is a dark brownish spot on the yellow cover. It's always in about the same spot, same color and about the same size. Anyone know what this is? Is it something from the interior cover? A manufacturing issue? 

(shrug)

[The copy I bought off the rack 44 years ago]

ASM129.jpg

Edited by namisgr

I figure I’d ask the experts here that are knowledgeable about this particular book. These are the best pics I can provide. Any idea on grade and value? I’m not sure how much the ink marks and spot on back cover hurts the book. Any advice and information would be greatly appreciated. 

B52EB4D2-EB8C-4D26-B444-D366C9D71557.jpeg

12388A8C-E889-48CB-A90D-0BAC9C6EBF39.jpeg

79F148D5-D5C2-4323-9A01-92DE42CCF70D.jpeg

16 minutes ago, jhkunc said:

I figure I’d ask the experts here that are knowledgeable about this particular book. These are the best pics I can provide. Any idea on grade and value? I’m not sure how much the ink marks and spot on back cover hurts the book. Any advice and information would be greatly appreciated. 

B52EB4D2-EB8C-4D26-B444-D366C9D71557.jpeg

You should probably post this in the "please grade my..." forum...

Found this on facebook, This book has more pressable defects than I can count! However after cracking the slabs it has a flap on the back from a tape pull, I'm not expecting this to slab any higher than a 7.5/8.0. I'll post a scan when it comes back from CGC. I'm fast tracking it and it goes out Monday morning.  

ASM129-5.5.jpg

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 4:41 AM, Kevin76 said:

Found this on facebook, This book has more pressable defects than I can count! However after cracking the slabs it has a flap on the back from a tape pull, I'm not expecting this to slab any higher than a 7.5/8.0. I'll post a scan when it comes back from CGC. I'm fast tracking it and it goes out Monday morning.  

ASM129-5.5.jpg

Looks great!  :applause:

-J.

How about the last 9.0 on eBay going for over 3k? 

Wow.

Edit: Nevermind, the latest 9.0wp just closed for $1853, I'm calling shenanigans on the previous auction.

Edited by ned
Updated

On 12/3/2017 at 7:41 AM, Kevin76 said:

ASM129-5.5.jpg

Ok, Got the book back!  Nice jump to a 7.5 after being pressed by yours truly!  Bump in page quality to boot! 

ASM129.jpg