• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ASM #129 SOCIETY
14 14

855 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Snap! No wonder @Martin Sinescu was looking at me crazy :sorry:at least someone finally came and showed me my ignorance :foryou:

It’s too bad they couldn’t get the contractual rights to use the skull emblem , there are probably pieces in each of the now 4 iterations of “the punisher “ Which I enjoy - but probably many more pieces I don’t ....

6 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Your right though ha, I just couldn't put the name to the face. 

But I wasn't excluding me in the first place, that is why I have an ih 181 signed by Stan Lee lol

I even asked the faciliators back in 2014 if Stan was a Sig I should get, but I guess all that they wanted was money and they didn't give me a straight answer. When I went home and googled it i knew but too late. Then I went back the next day to get Stan Lee and Joe sinnot on a ff 49, and Stan Lee and romita on an asm129.

Live and Learn. Long story short I would have welcomed a wake up call! I even asked for one but I was new. :foryou: @Martin Sinescu

(thumbsu Check out Dolph's wikipedia page, I just learned a lot more about him, too! He was renowned as a big action star in the late 80's, but the man's accomplished so much in his life and the Master's in Chemical Engineering is like whatthe:whatthe:.  Still, thanks for taking the criticism in stride and with a laugh, I probably woke up a bit salty today and this board's getting a little Facebooky lately which is also a little irritating, but you're always active, enthusiastic and inquisitive, so wasn't really mean-spirited, just a bit of a :sumo:

My immediate thought when I saw the Dolph sig was that it would be a cool project to get all the live-action Franks to sign that copy. There's plenty of Punisher fans out there that enjoy every version of the character and would love to have all four (?). I thought Dolph was a pretty uninspired casting at the time and so I avoided it when it came out, even though I was huge into the Punisher back then. Still, not so much his fault and, again, the die-hard fans many times are pretty accepting as long as there's adrenaline, big guns and explosions, so I can definitely see the appeal of having Lundgren's sig. 

39 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

(thumbsu Check out Dolph's wikipedia page, I just learned a lot more about him, too! He was renowned as a big action star in the late 80's, but the man's accomplished so much in his life and the Master's in Chemical Engineering is like whatthe:whatthe:.  Still, thanks for taking the criticism in stride and with a laugh, I probably woke up a bit salty today and this board's getting a little Facebooky lately which is also a little irritating, but you're always active, enthusiastic and inquisitive, so wasn't really mean-spirited, just a bit of a :sumo:

My immediate thought when I saw the Dolph sig was that it would be a cool project to get all the live-action Franks to sign that copy. There's plenty of Punisher fans out there that enjoy every version of the character and would love to have all four (?). I thought Dolph was a pretty uninspired casting at the time and so I avoided it when it came out, even though I was huge into the Punisher back then. Still, not so much his fault and, again, the die-hard fans many times are pretty accepting as long as there's adrenaline, big guns and explosions, so I can definitely see the appeal of having Lundgren's sig. 

No Worries (thumbsu He did do some tough jobs in life working as bouncer and bodyguard, which would translate to movies etc. Shame his childhood was so tough, but I guess he learned from it and it gave him a reason to push himself :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 hours ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

It’s too bad they couldn’t get the contractual rights to use the skull emblem , there are probably pieces in each of the now 4 iterations of “the punisher “ Which I enjoy - but probably many more pieces I don’t ....

+1... When I think of Dolph Lundgren's version of Punisher, I also think of Frank Miller's illustrated version in the OHOTMU...

frankmillerpunisher.thumb.jpg.012b26b51bf81192f828bc5f9a1163f1.jpg

... the slight "fanboy" in me, I guess... hm

9 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Snap! No wonder @Martin Sinescu was looking at me crazy :sorry:at least someone finally came and showed me my ignorance :foryou:

I liked  the movie back then, Dolph Lundgren is still making movies like the expendables- hes also in Imagine Dragons Believer video ( kind of reprising his role as Drago from Rocky 4 :gossip:)

Edited by nepatkm
could not embed video :(

8 hours ago, Old_Man_Adam said:

I'll have to check them all out. I enjoyed the blow torch on the steak when interrogating for information. I think that was a later film though.... but it was new to me at the time.

6 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

I liked  the movie back then, Dolph Lundgren is still making movies like the expendables- hes also in Imagine Dragons Believer video ( kind of reprising his role as Drago from Rocky 4 :gossip:)

https://youtu.be/MOo9iJ8RYWM

That's cool. I remember him from a lot of movies, but I must have never seen his version of the punisher. :(

I think that I've only seen two irritations....Guess I have some catching up to do!

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'll have to check them all out. I enjoyed the blow torch on the steak when interrogating for information. I think that was a later film though.... but it was new to me at the time.

That's cool. I remember him from a lot of movies, but I must have never seen his version of the punisher. :(

I think that I've only seen two irritations....Guess I have some catching up to do!

Yes - the blow torch scene was from the Thomas Jane vehicle - and that scene was actually from a comic (war zone or 80’s full run ?) that entire plot is loosely based on the “ welcome back frank” series and it’s probably the most comic book accurate , although the new netflix series has a lot of references as well 

I don't know why people would want all these autographs on all these expensive books, I don't see how the autograph adds any real value, I'd never buy a SS slab, yet when it is signed, people complain that the signature isn't in the place they want it in. Chance you take. 

On 26/1/2018 at 7:14 AM, TheBook said:

Agreed.

There are at least 2 CGC 9.4's under 3k on FeeBay right now.

Crazy price for a 9.0 white pager...:makepoint:

Super shill!I feel really bad for the buyer , avg price is $1,900 ... white pages ? maybe $2100 max 

Edited by Mijael.Levy