• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE ASM #129 SOCIETY
14 14

855 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, MGsimba77 said:

I was just about to post that :whatthe:!...holy cannoli...lol!

And I mean will have to see where it finishes. Would be nuts if it breaks who knows, $25K, $30K! But even at the current price insanely strong sale.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 2/12/2021 at 1:15 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

I got a sneaky suspicion we‘re about to see this book do something special. I think the normal sale has been in the $12K-$13K range as of late. I believe it was going for upwards of $15K or so at one point. Sneaky suspicion though this might break like $20K. We shall see.

ED190373-F52D-45A3-BAA8-B95AC1AAF6D2.jpeg

Last sale was over $14K, but it has been many months since a 9.8 white pages with nice centering has appeared for sale publicly.  I've been looking for another copy for half a year with no luck.  So, definitely pent - up demand, but also, this is a really, really nice copy...a true 9.8

By the way, are there any copies of this book in CGC 9.9?  I don't recall seeing one?

Edited by jjonahjameson11

2 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Last sale was over $14K, but it has been many months since a 9.8 white pages with nice centering has appeared for sale publicly.  I've been looking for another copy for half a year with no luck.  So, definitely pent - up demand, but also, this is a really, really nice copy...a true 9.8

By the way, are there any copies of this book in CGC 9.9?  I don't recall seeing one?

are you going for the gold? are is there a chance to add another to your collection? 

9 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

No 9.9's. Yeah I mean nice centering and white pages are definitely a plus and will help a particular copy sell for a premium of course. I don't think that's what's happening here though. Maybe a premium of $1K-$2K or so with a 9.8, and over a non white page, not well centered copy. Once we start talking $7K and up over previous sales, that screams the new norm to me and the book has simply jumped to a new realm. Just as Hulk 181 did years ago, just as GSX1 is doing as well. Certainly once this copy is sold, you won't see 9.8's on ebay anymore for anywhere near under $20K lol. I wish you luck though, going to certainly get tougher to find affordable copies of this I imagine. You definitely picked up some nice copies before the mad craze started.

10 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

No 9.9's. Yeah I mean nice centering and white pages are definitely a plus and will help a particular copy sell for a premium of course. I don't think that's what's happening here though. Maybe a premium of $1K-$2K or so with a 9.8, and over a non white page, not well centered copy. Once we start talking $7K and up over previous sales, that screams the new norm to me and the book has simply jumped to a new realm. Just as Hulk 181 did years ago, just as GSX1 is doing as well. Certainly once this copy is sold, you won't see 9.8's on ebay anymore for anywhere near under $20K lol. I wish you luck though, going to certainly get tougher to find affordable copies of this I imagine. You definitely picked up some nice copies before the mad craze started.

Its quite possible.  Earlier in this thread, I had indicated that while all of the other major Marvel Bronze keys were moving strongly upwards, ASM 129 in 9.6 and 9.8 were actually down approximately 20% from prior year FMV.  Perhaps its finally starting to make up for lost time?

28 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Its quite possible.  Earlier in this thread, I had indicated that while all of the other major Marvel Bronze keys were moving strongly upwards, ASM 129 in 9.6 and 9.8 were actually down approximately 20% from prior year FMV.  Perhaps its finally starting to make up for lost time?

Would seem so. I personally couldn't understand why for the longest time ASM 129 wasn't following suit with other Bronze keys going up. Seems like it's been more or less stagnant for a while, until now. The only thing I'll say is will be interesting to see what lesser grades in this c-link auction and in general do. I guess if they don't creep up much, then this 9.8 very well may be an aberration, brought on by perfect centering and white pages. It's a stretch in my opinion considering the extremely elevated price, but who knows lol.