• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,104 posts in this topic

Batman #139 jumped last year after Tec #359 jumped. I think anyone betting on Bats #139 becoming the bigger book is going to get burned as Tec #359 is the better book to buy now and long term. The only thing Batman #139 has going for it is that it is harder to find in higher grades than Tec #359.

On 3/10/2018 at 6:43 PM, pickycollector said:

Makes zero sense. Another copy sold for literally half of that two days before. :screwy:

On 3/12/2018 at 5:07 PM, kimik said:

Batman #139 jumped last year after Tec #359 jumped. I think anyone betting on Bats #139 becoming the bigger book is going to get burned as Tec #359 is the better book to buy now and long term. The only thing Batman #139 has going for it is that it is harder to find in higher grades than Tec #359.

It's also scarcer and a totally different character. One that only appeared in a few issues.  

I happen to like the book, but I think that people would recognize Barbara Gordon more often than Betty Kane.

Edited by skypinkblu

23 hours ago, Rezin1234 said:

Batman 121 seems to be heating up a 5.5 just sold for $3500 and a higher grade raw sold last week for almost $9K on ebay

The Hakes CGC 8.0 Bats 121 is currently at $12,100.  Ya looks like it's hot

I remember someone selling a FF5 cgc 9.0 Restored on the boards here a long time ago and it sat for a long time.  I think I just saw a cgc 4.0 restored just sell for the same price recently.

Sound familiar to anyone?

Edited by 90sChild

On 3/13/2018 at 2:10 PM, Dark Knight said:

Might be a fake sale tactic to hopefully raise prices even higher

The FF#52 CGC 9.0 that sold for $7,600 wasn't a fake sale. I am friends with the person who sold the comic. It's completely legit, but definitely crazy!

1 hour ago, jharvey said:
On 3/13/2018 at 12:10 PM, Dark Knight said:

Might be a fake sale tactic to hopefully raise prices even higher

The FF#52 CGC 9.0 that sold for $7,600 wasn't a fake sale. I am friends with the person who sold the comic. It's completely legit, but definitely crazy!

Oh wow!! Yeah crazy price paid for sure I think.  Let me ask, why didn't your friend shop around for a similar 9.0 copy elsewhere?  I'm sure there were other 9.0 copies that have a lower buy price..  Is there something about that 9.0 copy that demanded that kind of price?