• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,099 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

Oh wow!! Yeah crazy price paid for sure I think.  Let me ask, why didn't your friend shop around for a similar 9.0 copy elsewhere?  I'm sure there were other 9.0 copies that have a lower buy price..  Is there something about that 9.0 copy that demanded that kind of price? 

My friend sold the comic, he didn't buy it. He basically didn't really want to sell it, so he put it up with a crazy buy-it-now price that he thought nobody would pay, and then it sold. He was shocked.

Edited by jharvey

50 minutes ago, jharvey said:

My friend sold the comic, he didn't buy it. He basically didn't really want to sell it, so he put it up with a crazy buy-it-now price that he thought nobody would pay, and then it sold. He was shocked.

Oh ok he was the seller..  I thought he was the buyer hehe.  Congrats to your friend.  What a record-breaking sale!!

On 3/23/2018 at 12:31 PM, drbanner said:

FF 1, 4, and 5 have all caught fire since FF was brought back into the Disney/Marvel movie universe (I believe). Subby hasn't appeared on-screen...yet. :shy:

...and he won't (at least not in any Marvel/Disney/Fox film) since Universal is still the company that owns the rights to him.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 3/23/2018 at 10:53 AM, Dark Knight said:

Oh wow!! Yeah crazy price paid for sure I think.  Let me ask, why didn't your friend shop around for a similar 9.0 copy elsewhere? I'm sure there were other 9.0 copies that have a lower buy price..  Is there something about that 9.0 copy that demanded that kind of price? 

lol Not anymore (especially after that 9.2 went for $9200 in the recently concluded CC auction).

-J.

8 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

...and he won't (at least not in any Marvel/Disney/Fox film) since Universal is still the company that owns the rights to him.

-J.

Was said about spidey and x-men/FF1 too...contracts r subject to change, and we see it all the time. But yes, universal is a complicating factor with Namor...and is the only reason we haven’t seen him, yet...

5 minutes ago, J.Biz said:

Love Jugs but I will admit he has no business being a main villain lol but he is the best Commander Riker there is. Glad he's back.

Spoiler

Maybe not main villain but he deserves better than a power cable up the butt and shoved into the pool death xD but it IS Deadpool, and they r supposedly reworking that piece. Who knows...

Edited by Callaway29

On 3/29/2018 at 4:01 PM, J.Biz said:

Love Jugs but I will admit he has no business being a main villain lol but he is the best Commander Riker there is. Glad he's back.

When I see "Jugs", I think Jughead.

I'm sure that's just me though. :)

4 hours ago, MusterMark said:

When I see "Jugs", I think Jughead.

I'm sure that's just me though. :)

I never called him that until his voice over video. "Jugs' got you." 

I can't unhear it.