• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,099 posts in this topic

FF annual 6s are being subbed in droves.  There was 345 total graded copies on 9/18 and two weeks later there is 362.  17 copies is not a ton but there had been about 25 copies a year graded up to this point to get to 345. 

2 hours ago, HuddyBee said:

Is it really heating up, or has it just always been hot?

it has always been a key issue. But with kingpin appearing on daredevil season #3 on netflix i think is taking the book to a higher level specially in high grade because that red cover is soo tough. There is a 9.0 copy on feebay right now going nuts

3 minutes ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

it has always been a key issue. But with kingpin appearing on daredevil season #3 on netflix i think is taking the book to a higher level specially in high grade because that red cover is soo tough. There is a 9.0 copy on feebay right now going nuts

Ah, Kingpin, I wasn't aware he was making an appearance in the daredevil show. All I could think of was the similar arc to the Spiderman 2 movie back in '04.

7 hours ago, 1Cool said:

FF annual 6s are being subbed in droves.  There was 345 total graded copies on 9/18 and two weeks later there is 362.  17 copies is not a ton but there had been about 25 copies a year graded up to this point to get to 345. 

How many are yours.  You owe me a chance at a high grade.  I have 3 but all vg-f-

8 hours ago, Jaydee said:

How many are yours.  You owe me a chance at a high grade.  I have 3 but all vg-f-

None.  Mine won't be graded for 2 more months.  I think the 9.4s going for $2,000 is starting to shake some high grade copies loose from people's collections.  I think 9.4s were going for half that much a year ago.

31 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

None.  Mine won't be graded for 2 more months.  I think the 9.4s going for $2,000 is starting to shake some high grade copies loose from people's collections.  I think 9.4s were going for half that much a year ago.

It’s what sparked me to list my 9.2. That was mine that sold recently for $1600. I figured why not and threw it up at the crazy price of $1750, and to my surprise someone stepped up and made a strong offer. That 9.4 set the market...

41 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I have never been able to find higher than a 6.0 RAW in the wild

18 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

A feel you.  I attended over a dozen big Cons over the last few years and finding better then a FN is really tough.  I lucked into a couple VF copies at Cons but all my 9.0 and above copies came from CGC members who responded to my WTB ads over the last few years.  

32 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

It’s what sparked me to list my 9.2. That was mine that sold recently for $1600. I figured why not and threw it up at the crazy price of $1750, and to my surprise someone stepped up and made a strong offer. That 9.4 set the market...

Things seem to be getting crazy lately.  A CGC 6.0 just sold for $340 which is 3x what I was paying a couple years ago. 

Edited by 1Cool

3 hours ago, Jaydee said:

I would call my best one a vf-, and I looked for a loooong time.

Back when very few others were!

Edited by KirbyJack

9 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Things seem to be getting crazy lately.  A CGC 6.0 just sold for $340 which is 3x what I was paying a couple years ago. 

The best part was the guy who messaged me a day or so before it sold saying: “Why do you want some much money for fantastic four annual 6 that s a few hundred dollars for that grade sir.”

:roflmao: I responded saying I’d buy every high grade FF Annual 6 he had...

Edited by Callaway29

On 8/30/2018 at 7:28 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

That could change at any time. A year ago, most collectors could never have told you what the first appearance of Carol Danvers was. 

Nothing is forever in comics, and nothing is guaranteed.

Here’s a confirmation. Marvel Super-Heroes #13 is now a major Silver Age Marvel key with no end in sight. 

3 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

That copy was definitely not super high grade judging from photo. Looked like a F- to me, maybe even VG+. I sold a 7.0 the other day for about $300. I think enthusiasm might be down a bit on Warlock since GOTG3 got cancelled. Time to buy?

Edited by Warloc

2 hours ago, Warloc said:

That copy was definitely not super high grade judging from photo. Looked like a F- to me, maybe even VG+. I sold a 7.0 the other day for about $300. I think enthusiasm might be down a bit on Warlock since GOTG3 got cancelled. Time to buy?

Where did you read that it was 'cancelled'? On hold, maybe...but cancelled?

17 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

Myriad threads about this seller over the years. here are a few.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/260814-alert-bijoubaby05-now-selling-on-ebay-as-all-things-comics-and-comix_code/

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/440161-all-things-comics-it-just-never-ends/

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/422034-anyone-bought-from-all_things_comics/