• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
27 27

4,098 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, ArchonEnergy said:

How about the new Spider-Man movie?

From what I read it’s based on the elementals (FF232)

Its been confirmed in the QA over the weekend. 

Dunno that will have any effect on vintage Spidey, but we’ve seen movement on more recent stuff because of the movie (Peter Porker, Miles Morales).

On 10/25/2018 at 10:50 AM, 1Cool said:

FF Annual 6 is so hot right now it's scary.  Mid grade raws going for a couple hundred dollars!  I sold off my 7.0 for $600, 8.0 for $750, 8.5 for $900 and the 9.2 for $1,500.  Love it when a plan comes together :tink:

I'm thinking of holding on to my copies until Annihilus is finally revealed in the post-credits scene...that is going to be EPIC. 

1 hour ago, AGGIEZ said:

I'm thinking of holding on to my copies until Annihilus is finally revealed in the post-credits scene...that is going to be EPIC. 

Could be a wise move but the only negative to the huge increase it has brought a bunch more mid and high grade copies to market.  I've got 4 copies left out of the 15 I had and these last 4 have stalled where as the earlier copies flew off the shelves.  I love the cover - love the story but are people really thinking Annihilus will be a cool up and coming villain?  I hold more faith in Franklin being the future star of that book since he could be fit into a bunch of different shows and movies.

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Could be a wise move but the only negative to the huge increase it has brought a bunch more mid and high grade copies to market.  I've got 4 copies left out of the 15 I had and these last 4 have stalled where as the earlier copies flew off the shelves.  I love the cover - love the story but are people really thinking Annihilus will be a cool up and coming villain?  I hold more faith in Franklin being the future star of that book since he could be fit into a bunch of different shows and movies.

Hoping my 2x CGC 9.0 copies don't have a bunch that flood to the market...seems like a harder book to get in 9.0+ so I'd be surprised if alot hit the market. 

On 2/28/2019 at 12:22 PM, 1Cool said:

James Gunn almost used Annihilus if not for the rights issue at the time.  Considering the Eternals are next in the MCU and the FF and Doom are coming, Im 100% positive marvel and feige are completely excited to have amazing villains under their roster now.  Galactus and Doom will probably be the most heavily featured but Annhilus will be up there as the cosmic side of marvel expands they need Cosmic villains that arent galactus and negative zone baddies like Annhilus and Blastaar are sure to feature heavily in the next decade in the MCU. Count on it. I don't really "invest" in comics but if I did I would try nabbing some eternals.

1 hour ago, musicmeta said:

The last GPA recorded sale for Tales of Suspense 52 in 8.5 really took a spike in the sale price of $7200. The one before that was less than 2K.  

i hate when this happens because it means every dealer overprices their copy now in the mistaken belief that there is a new standard set, from a single outlier sale. (see the for sale boards to see a ridiculously priced copy of this very book.)

On 2/28/2019 at 10:54 AM, AGGIEZ said:

Are you thinking he is going to be revealed in the post credits scene for Endgame? Last rumor I saw was that we may get him in another movie, potentially Captain Marvel 2 or GOTG 3. I don’t think we’ll see him teased in Avengers Endgame though. All signs are likely pointing towards Kang the Conqueror, but more likely Kronos as the new villain teased in or after Endgame.

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

Are you thinking he is going to be revealed in the post credits scene for Endgame? Last rumor I saw was that we may get him in another movie, potentially Captain Marvel 2 or GOTG 3. I don’t think we’ll see him teased in Avengers Endgame though. All signs are likely pointing towards Kang the Conqueror, but more likely Kronos as the new villain teased in or after Endgame.

No. I'm speculating that he's going to be teased in a post-credits scene at some point, but not sure where. GOTG3 makes the most sense.

6 hours ago, AGGIEZ said:

No. I'm speculating that he's going to be teased in a post-credits scene at some point, but not sure where. GOTG3 makes the most sense.

Gotcha gotcha. Yeah I definitely agree we may see him soon enough. Too awesome of a villain not to introduce quite frankly.

7 hours ago, nearmint said:

Just noticed in GPA that an Iron Man #1 CGC 9.6 sold last month for $7800.  Just a one-off, or is the book heating up?

A gorgeous 9.6 CVA Exceptional copy just sold for $5,700 in the current C-Link auction that just finished. So seems like the $7,800 was a one-off.