• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
27 27

4,098 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

What is going on with Avengers #48?

First full app. of newer Black Knight, choice white cover with full image of Black Knight. My LCS has a Voldy slabbed 7.5 aggressively priced at about $485 Cdn funds. Trending that hot now? :wishluck:

1 minute ago, aardvark88 said:

First full app. of newer Black Knight, choice white cover with full image of Black Knight. My LCS has a Voldy slabbed 7.5 aggressively priced at about $485 Cdn funds. Trending that hot now? :wishluck:

Why is Black Knight suddenly hot? Any movie appearance announcement recently?

1 minute ago, pickycollector said:

Why is Black Knight suddenly hot? Any movie appearance announcement recently?

was a rumor that he would make an appearance in Avengers Endgame.

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

Leak from a guy who has a history of getting a lot of things right stated marvel is very interested in black knight, and thinks he can carry his own trilogy.

If they are serious about that, then I would imagine both the villainous Nathan Garrett and heroic Dane Whitman versions should show up.  With three movies, the chances of a Sir Percy sighting are pretty decent too.

4 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I would imagine both the villainous Nathan Garrett and heroic Dane Whitman versions should show up.  With three movies, the chances of a Sir Percy sighting are pretty decent too.

Looking forward to UK Marvel films like Capt Britain, Excalibur, and Black Knight:

Ohz2wMU.jpg

Two questions from someone who does not normally "speculate" on books:

1) Amazing Spider-Man 5 seems to have increased in value alongside FF5. Should I hold this book or keep holding for a Dr. Doom movie appearance?

2) I also have an ASM13 that I was wondering if I should sell now or if prices will continue to rise until the movie comes out in July. Any future upside beyond your typical value increases over time?

On 5/19/2019 at 2:26 PM, Callaway29 said:

Leak from a guy who has a history of getting a lot of things right stated marvel is very interested in black knight, and thinks he can carry his own trilogy.

I’m in, as long as John Cleese plays him.

On 5/19/2019 at 10:25 PM, aardvark88 said:

Looking forward to UK Marvel films like Capt Britain, Excalibur, and Black Knight:

Ohz2wMU.jpg

I just can't see a MCU Black Knight movie or regular moviegoers interested at all to see something like that. Too far out, imo. I figure if Black Knight makes a MCU appearance, it'd be in someone else's movie.

I could see the Knight making an appearance in The Eternals, being that Sersi is connected with the character and that the movie allegedly takes place through Earth's history.

9 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Speaking of Sersi, a Silver Age book I've been speculating on seems to be slowly increasing in sales and price on eBay: Strange Tales #109, the true first appearance of the Eternal as Circe.

strange tales 109.jpg

circe.jpg

The label doesnt note any 1st.app.

Where is it stated that Circe is = Sersi ? 

How did the change of name come about?

1 hour ago, Mr bla bla said:

The label doesnt note any 1st.app.

Where is it stated that Circe is = Sersi ? 

How did the change of name come about?

CGC needs to fix the holder label note. For years the MSH #13 holder didn’t acknowledge Carol Danvers 1st app. Sersi admits she is Circe of legend in Eternals #3. The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe also states Sersi first appearance as Circe in ST #109.

47934B2F-F6C8-4FC4-945E-309DBF70C8BF.jpeg

BB660D7A-6C55-4FDD-AF9B-B9B729A6D9B7.jpeg

A26808FA-ADCC-4053-B6EC-9C1060695328.jpeg

Edited by @therealsilvermane

10 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Speaking of Sersi, a Silver Age book I've been speculating on seems to be slowly increasing in sales and price on eBay: Strange Tales #109, the true first appearance of the Eternal as Circe.

strange tales 109.jpg

circe.jpg

It's a 1 panel cameo by Circe, the Greek Goddess from classic literature. Everyone knows this character has nothing to do with the Sersi character Kirby created in the Eternals, just like all the other Eternals and their Greek Literature counterparts that have appeared in comics.  But yeah, it is an interesting curiosity, and in todays market it is easy enough to take advantage of insufficiently_thoughtful_person ebay buyers.

1 minute ago, boomtown said:

It's a 1 panel cameo by Circe, the Greek Goddess from classic literature. Everyone knows this character has nothing to do with the Sersi character Kirby created in the Eternals, just like all the other Eternals and their Greek Literature counterparts that have appeared in comics.  But yeah, it is an interesting curiosity, and in todays market it is easy enough to take advantage of insufficiently_thoughtful_person ebay buyers.

It’s the same character. See my above response to Mr bla bla. CGC needs to fix the error.