• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,098 posts in this topic

On 11/2/2018 at 12:01 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

Get ready to cash in on your copies of Avengers 8.  It has already went up significantly, but I feel it is about to really pop.

On 11/4/2018 at 10:21 AM, Broke as a Joke said:

Yes that was surprising.  In general this book has shot up, as mid grade copies that could be had for $150 or less a year ago are now fetching $400 - 600.

I don't have any leaks but the time travel rumors have been verified by certain actors who are dead in the MCU being informed they will be used in the new movie.  

hmhmhm

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Flea market find a couple years ago. Haven’t checked but I’d bet this one is warm now...

077AFF7D-F6A7-45AF-BA89-73839528687E.jpeg

If this issue truly shows us a Stranger Side of Wonder Woman than we’ve seen before than I must own it! 
I’ll bet a kidney however, that its contents pale in comparison to the wacked out stuff in Wonder Woman’s past we already knew about.

14 hours ago, KirbyJack said:

If this issue truly shows us a Stranger Side of Wonder Woman than we’ve seen before than I must own it! 
I’ll bet a kidney however, that its contents pale in comparison to the wacked out stuff in Wonder Woman’s past we already knew about.

Keep yer kidney Jack. I pulled it out and read it again. Pretty bogus, boring SA stuff. I mean look at the cover... :roflmao: I figure since the movie was delayed, it might take a while to heat up. 

15 hours ago, WeR138 said:

Green Lantern 59 is picking up on the HBO Max announcement.  Quite a few sales in the last few days.

I'm honestly surprised that GL59 is picking up rather than GL87.  With the call for diversity, I would think they would be pushing John Stewart as the lead over Guy Gardner. 

1 hour ago, Bluemedgroup said:

I'm honestly surprised that GL59 is picking up rather than GL87.  With the call for diversity, I would think they would be pushing John Stewart as the lead over Guy Gardner. 

Sounds like the word on the street is that they're saving Jon Stewart for Buddy film with Hal Jordan

18 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I just sold a 6.0 Green Lantern 59 for $330 (highest price ever in grade). When the announcement broke on 10/9 three 6.0s sold for $225, $230, and $245. $330 would have bought you a 7.5 with change in your pocket a week ago. 

Oh nice! I bought a solid mid grade copy not long ago and am waiting to get it graded.

22 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I just sold a 6.0 Green Lantern 59 for $330 (highest price ever in grade). When the announcement broke on 10/9 three 6.0s sold for $225, $230, and $245. $330 would have bought you a 7.5 with change in your pocket a week ago. 

Glad I picked up a 9.0 a couple of months ago. If I didn't already have a GL#87 I think the smart thing to do would be to sell the #59 and use the money to get a #87. John Stewart is definitely gonna be used for something eventually and have a much bigger role than Guy.

Holy cow: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Super-Heroes-20-CGC-6-0-First-Dr-Doom-solo-Story-1st-app-of-Valeria/383680202199?hash=item59551f45d7:g:CrEAAOSwkHNfOasX

I did not know this book got hot. I have had a 6.0 slab for years that I bought for under $10 just to have as a grading exemplar. I guess it is time to let her go!

On 10/21/2020 at 3:45 PM, the blob said:

Holy cow: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Super-Heroes-20-CGC-6-0-First-Dr-Doom-solo-Story-1st-app-of-Valeria/383680202199?hash=item59551f45d7:g:CrEAAOSwkHNfOasX

I did not know this book got hot. I have had a 6.0 slab for years that I bought for under $10 just to have as a grading exemplar. I guess it is time to let her go!

Anything Doom is exploding right now.  FF 5 is pretty much out of reach now for most collectors, so they are going after the next best issues.  

I keep telling a friend of mine that If he wants an ASM 5, he should get it now.  

1 hour ago, DocHoppus182 said:

Anything Doom is exploding right now.  FF 5 is pretty much out of reach now for most collectors, so they are going after the next best issues.  

I keep telling a friend of mine that If he wants an ASM 5, he should get it now.  

I'm not sure what appearance that is of Doom, but once again it shows the strength of the Amazing Spiderman run that in a 9.8 grade that book is only $50,000 less then Dooms very first appearance in comics...if it is Dooms 2nd appearance then that might be the most valuable second appearance in all of Marvel comics.

Dr Doom is one of the most iconic Supervillains in all of comics

Arguably 

1. Magneto

2. Green Goblin

3. Dr.Doom

4.Galactus

PS

I just looked it up....it is his 6th appearance.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that is easily the most valuable 6th appearance of a character in all of Marvel comics

Actually according to Gocollect, his second appearance came in FF 6 which is valued at $58,000 in 9.8 grade.

(Not an amazing Spider-Man kudos post)

Edited by Hollywood1892

8 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I'm not sure what appearance that is of Doom, but once again it shows the strength of the Amazing Spiderman run that in a 9.8 grade that book is only $50,000 less then Dooms very first appearance in comics...if it is Dooms 2nd appearance then that might be the most valuable second appearance in all of Marvel comics.

Arguably 

1. Magneto

2. Green Goblin

3. Dr.Doom

4.Galactus

PS

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that is easily the most valuable 6th appearance of a character in all of Marvel comics

Actually according to Gocollect, his second appearance came in FF 6 which is valued at $58,000 in 9.8 grade.

Respectfully, Joker tops this list

57 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Arguably 

1. Magneto

2. Green Goblin

3. Dr.Doom

4.Galactus

PS

I guess I didn’t realize it was his 6th appearance.  I thought it was earlier than that.  Seems like it’s going crazy though.