• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,104 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, nmtg9 said:

Aren't break ups part of growing and lessons to learn for future healthy relationships? 

You can't avoid heartbreak forever surely. 

Yes thats true. You can't avoid it. My point was how you handle it. Some move on to the next love adventure, some let it ruin them. Look at Johnny, one issue he's attending college and doing well. 2 issues later he's in Wakanda meeting Black Panther (on spring break maybe?) then he meets Crystal, she dumps him for Quicksilver, and he never goes back to school. He could have been Doctor Storm, Senator Storm. Lucky for for him he has super powers and the Fantastic Four for support, otherwise he may have wound up riding the rails.

Edited by Professor Chaos

20 hours ago, The Man Without Beer said:

ASM 16 ebay auction ended last night. Raw 5.5 for $870. I grabbed a cgc 5.0 for less than half that just 1 week ago. Bidding war or trend??

Screenshot_20210208-095155_eBay.jpg

Definitely seems to be a trend for a lot of silver age books such as the ASM run. I've found that it's become the norm to browse ebay and see everything priced hundreds of pounds over what you might of thought. Great time to be a seller and it looks like 2021 will continue that trend.

26 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Well past the current GPA. There are 2 high grade copies on Clink starting tonight as well. Curious to see what the hammer drops at. hm Every sale right now is outperforming the last one in all grades. 

8 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

Well past the current GPA. There are 2 high grade copies on Clink starting tonight as well. Curious to see what the hammer drops at. hm Every sale right now is outperforming the last one in all grades. 

Oh cool, I'll be interested to see where they turn out at if you end up seeing the final.  

If Marvel implements Kang, he could have broad spanning appearances throughout the shows/movies due to his ability to time travel.  Will be interested to see how he shows up.  He's always been such a cool character... also, interesting if he gets connected with a FF series being a relative of Mr Fantastic.  

9 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Oh cool, I'll be interested to see where they turn out at if you end up seeing the final.  

If Marvel implements Kang, he could have broad spanning appearances throughout the shows/movies due to his ability to time travel.  Will be interested to see how he shows up.  He's always been such a cool character... also, interesting if he gets connected with a FF series being a relative of Mr Fantastic.  

Kang will be introduced in the 3rd Ant Man movie.

13 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Definitely could be cool. I'm hoping he ends up in a Young Avengers scenario and seeing how the team seems to be forming quite nicely...it could happen but using him across the MCU in several movie appearances could be interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Interesting... as the main villain?    Seems like he's a bit to strong for only ant-man to handle...  More of an Avengers foe. 

yeah, your'e not the only one to think that, details are scarce, but here's some more info:

https://screenrant.com/ant-man-3-quantumania-kang-quantum-realm-mcu/

1 minute ago, Timeless icons said:

Definitely could be cool. I'm hoping he ends up in a Young Avengers scenario and seeing how the team seems to be forming quite nicely...it could happen but using him across the MCU in several movie appearances could be interesting. 

I haven't read Young Avengers... is he also a common villain for them too?  

Just now, Wolverinex said:

I haven't read Young Avengers... is he also a common villain for them too?  

I started typing his involvement but then deleted as I didn't want to give away any spoilers for those who haven't had the chance to read the series yet. In short, I'd absolutely recommend reading the first series of Young Avengers for sure as he is deeply involved with them. (thumbsu

Just now, Timeless icons said:

I started typing his involvement but then deleted as I didn't want to give away any spoilers for those who haven't had the chance to read the series yet. In short, I'd absolutely recommend reading the first series of Young Avengers for sure as he is deeply involved with them. (thumbsu

Interesting... I'll pick up a graphic novel tonight and read it.  Thank you for the recommendation.  Will be interesting to see what he looks like when they fight him...

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

Interesting... I'll pick up a graphic novel tonight and read it.  Thank you for the recommendation.  Will be interesting to see what he looks like when they fight him...

You're quite welcome. Hopefully, it was a good recommendation and not just me. lol

5 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

out of curiosity, is a Young Avengers movie or show in the works?

Nothing announced thus far but Kate Bishop, Cassie Lang and (Watch WandaVision for more info:gossip:) have already been revealed. The team is forming so it's only a matter of time before something is announced. Marvel has purpose behind this without question and Kang being announced further cements that IMO. 

Edited by Timeless icons

1 minute ago, Timeless icons said:

Nothing announced thus far but Kate Bishop, Cassie Lang and (Watch WandaVision for more:gossip:) have already been revealed. The team is forming so it's only a matter of time before something is announced. Marvel has purpose behind this without question and Kang being announced further cements that IMO. 

Very interesting... okay I bought YA from amazon.  Curious to see what is going on with the Kangster and the new team

Edited by Wolverinex