• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,104 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Timeless icons said:

Enjoy. :headbang:

Just read it all....Wow.

Now I know why Avengers 8 is getting hot... not just Kang... but

Spoiler

Also kang is iron lad.  Mind blown! 

If a young avengers show/ movie gets created, this book will get even hotter since it ties directly with both the protagonist and villain. 

Thanks again for the recommendations.. it was a really fun read and will translate well to the big screen

Edited by Wolverinex

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Just read it all....Wow.

Now I know why Avengers 8 is getting hot... not just Kang... but

Reveal hidden contents

Also kang is iron lad.  Mind blown! 

If a young avengers show/ movie gets created, this book will get even hotter since it ties directly with both the protagonist and villain. 

Thanks again for the recommendations.. it was a really fun read and will translate well to the big screen

Sounds like you liked it. (thumbsu Both the Avengers 8 and several of the Young Avengers books have been making moves for a while but just recently, they are starting to see more action in not just the first issue but several others in the run due to first appearances and Kate Bishops cover appearances. 

25 minutes ago, Timeless icons said:

Sounds like you liked it. (thumbsu Both the Avengers 8 and several of the Young Avengers books have been making moves for a while but just recently, they are starting to see more action in not just the first issue but several others in the run due to first appearances and Kate Bishops cover appearances. 

Was Kate Bishop in the movies?    Why is she so popular?  

I know I'm 3 weeks late on this discussion (see this was discussed on like page 98) but I just saw the most recent sales for Silver Surfer #3 and wow, seems like that book jumped in a hurry.  I always felt the book was undervalued to begin with and I somehow imagine these prices will likely fall as soon as the speculators finish driving up the prices, but it's just crazy to me.  I picked up my copy 2+ years ago for only $275 at the time.

12 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I know I'm 3 weeks late on this discussion (see this was discussed on like page 98) but I just saw the most recent sales for Silver Surfer #3 and wow, seems like that book jumped in a hurry.  I always felt the book was undervalued to begin with and I somehow imagine these prices will likely fall as soon as the speculators finish driving up the prices, but it's just crazy to me.  I picked up my copy 2+ years ago for only $275 at the time.

Agree that Silver Surfer 3 was undervalued, but not so sure if the price will fall too much.  Marvel/Disney has brought a huge new fanbase of 30+ year olds with money to spend.  Sometimes it is hard to believe that silver age books are nearly 60 years old and there are a ton of collectors with good disposable income from stock options and bitcoin.   

1 hour ago, BakerFanOne said:

Agree that Silver Surfer 3 was undervalued, but not so sure if the price will fall too much.  Marvel/Disney has brought a huge new fanbase of 30+ year olds with money to spend.  Sometimes it is hard to believe that silver age books are nearly 60 years old and there are a ton of collectors with good disposable income from stock options and bitcoin.   

Someone else compared it to Iron Man #55 and how that book is currently selling for half of what Silver Surfer #3 is.  And that's with it being the 1st appearance of two characters who have made cinematic appearances, and one of those being the main villain.  I don't expect SS3 to fall back to the 2017 levels that I paid, but I also don't think a regression to $1,000-$1,500 in the next few years would be a surprise.  I think the book continues an upward trend if Mephisto does in fact make his way into the MCU, but I expect the book to fall as soon as the character arc completes and for collectors to move on to the next "it" character (much as has occurred with Thanos' 1st appearance).

On 2/11/2021 at 4:01 PM, Timeless icons said:

Nothing announced thus far but Kate Bishop, Cassie Lang and (Watch WandaVision for more info:gossip:) have already been revealed. The team is forming so it's only a matter of time before something is announced. Marvel has purpose behind this without question and Kang being announced further cements that IMO. 

Which young avenger showed up in Wanda vision?

3 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

Someone else compared it to Iron Man #55 and how that book is currently selling for half of what Silver Surfer #3 is.  And that's with it being the 1st appearance of two characters who have made cinematic appearances, and one of those being the main villain.  I don't expect SS3 to fall back to the 2017 levels that I paid, but I also don't think a regression to $1,000-$1,500 in the next few years would be a surprise.  I think the book continues an upward trend if Mephisto does in fact make his way into the MCU, but I expect the book to fall as soon as the character arc completes and for collectors to move on to the next "it" character (much as has occurred with Thanos' 1st appearance).

Personally speaking, I would be thrilled if the price dropped as I would love a nice VF+ copy for about 1000 - 1500.  I do think census numbers are worth tracking as some late silver/early bronze are relatively scarce in the higher grades like Marvel Spotlight 5.  I guess only time will tell. 

On 2/12/2021 at 4:38 PM, BakerFanOne said:

Agree that Silver Surfer 3 was undervalued, but not so sure if the price will fall too much.  

I don't think it will fall either. Prices fall when something is overvalued but if it was initially undervalued then the price is just getting to what we were all thinking it should be. 

Anyways, came here to say that the early Fantastic Four books that laid dormant for a while are finally heating up. FF 6 is going up like crazy (double guide now) and FF10 is FINALLY selling at higher than guide price, rather than lower which has been the case for almost 20 years now. 

3 hours ago, William-James88 said:

I don't think it will fall either. Prices fall when something is overvalued but if it was initially undervalued then the price is just getting to what we were all thinking it should be. 

Anyways, came here to say that the early Fantastic Four books that laid dormant for a while are finally heating up. FF 6 is going up like crazy (double guide now) and FF10 is FINALLY selling at higher than guide price, rather than lower which has been the case for almost 20 years now. 

If you think about it, is it Jack and Stan on the cover...in some ways I don't know why 10 is not worth waaay more

On 2/15/2021 at 4:19 PM, William-James88 said:

It is about time that FF #6 started to jump. I sold my old label CGC 8.5 in the August 2019 Clink auction for $3505, which was higher than the top GPA price for 2020.

FF #4 has not really taken off like I thought it might after selling my 5.5 ($4055 July 2019 Clink auction) and 7.0 ($6788 in July 2020 Clink auction) relative to the most recent GPA prices of $3750 for 5.5 and $5640 for 7.0. Or, maybe the more accurate statement is that Clink gets higher prices for SA and BA Marvels than other venues?

28 minutes ago, kimik said:

It is about time that FF #6 started to jump. I sold my old label CGC 8.5 in the August 2019 Clink auction for $3505, which was higher than the top GPA price for 2020.

FF #4 has not really taken off like I thought it might after selling my 5.5 ($4055 July 2019 Clink auction) and 7.0 ($6788 in July 2020 Clink auction) relative to the most recent GPA prices of $3750 for 5.5 and $5640 for 7.0. Or, maybe the more accurate statement is that Clink gets higher prices for SA and BA Marvels than other venues?

I miss my FF4.

9 hours ago, kimik said:

That's because FF 4 has been consistently climbing for as long as I can remember. I always found it way too expensive for my taste. I'm sure it will keep it's worth, it's always been a hot book, but I don't expect a crazy climb year over year. FF 6 by comparison has been dormant for years, not moving at all and always falling back down to older prices after small climbs. Now it is actually hot for the first time ever. It is climbing ridiculously.

Also HA gets the same prices or higher for SA Marvel.