• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,104 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Yes,  someone stole that ST 110 6.0 since two 5.5s just sold on Ebay for $4318 and $4439.

I agree - now that Daredevil is finally reaching its peak value I really feel this is the next breakout book along with TTA 27. just picked up a mid grade TTA 27 otherwise would have been all over that ST 110

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Unless there's something really special coming out with that book... it appears that noobs with money have infiltrated our hobby ... Buying random non key slabs...

I suppose the scarcity drove it? Two people just really wanted it, and that happens sometimes in auctions? I'm not taking too much away from this particular sale.

3 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I suppose the scarcity drove it? Two people just really wanted it, and that happens sometimes in auctions? I'm not taking too much away from this particular sale.

Perhaps although this isn't an isolated event. I've seen a lot of strange sales recently.. .and not don't even get me started on the deadpool rookie card.

There are collectors who pursue nothing but the best available copy and assemble runs. There are a few of them who probably make 40K a day and there are more than 4 collectors who are at that level, so the math is simple when we know that. It's another world from the one I live in, but it's sales like this that validate our hobby. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

14 hours ago, Microchip said:

Blowing your entire decades comic budget on one book...not a key, not a first issue, not a first appearance, just slim in grade, is a bit scary to see!

I guarantee you that's not their budget for the decade.  

5 hours ago, rabidwolf said:

I agree - now that Daredevil is finally reaching its peak value I really feel this is the next breakout book along with TTA 27. just picked up a mid grade TTA 27 otherwise would have been all over that ST 110

Some dudes tend to avoid stt-110 due to the visual obstruction commin from paste pat pete

10 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Yes,  someone stole that ST 110 6.0 since two 5.5s just sold on Ebay for $4318 and $4439.

I considered throwing a tracking bid down on this book, but the piece missing at the lower left corner of the front cover turned me off...I wonder if that may have impacted some other bidders as well?

I'd rather have a copy with more spine stress and wear than a copy with a piece missing, but I don't know how many other people feel this way...

7 minutes ago, silverseeker said:

I considered throwing a tracking bid down on this book, but the piece missing at the lower left corner of the front cover turned me off...I wonder if that may have impacted some other bidders as well?

I'd rather have a copy with more spine stress and wear than a copy with a piece missing, but I don't know how many other people feel this way...

maybe - Kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on this ... I actually like one bigger flaw in a mid range book with the rest of it relatively clean

46 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

I actually felt a little queasy when I purchased my AF #15 CGC for $15,700, but that turned out just fine.. I literally cannot imagine myself spending $30,000+ on a comic book. That's close to 5% of our life savings. I would rather use this money so my wife and I can go on some nice trips, such as an African safari trip for approximately $20,000 for the both of us. Having a high-grade copy of a book would be nice, but the memories of an African safari would last a lifetime. Well, at least until senility, dementia, or Alzheimer's disease happens. :jokealert:

The thought of travelling anywhere right now sounds good.

3 hours ago, Math Teacher said:

I actually felt a little queasy when I purchased my AF #15 CGC for $15,700, but that turned out just fine.. I literally cannot imagine myself spending $30,000+ on a comic book. That's close to 5% of our life savings. I would rather use this money so my wife and I can go on some nice trips, such as an African safari trip for approximately $20,000 for the both of us. Having a high-grade copy of a book would be nice, but the memories of an African safari would last a lifetime. Well, at least until senility, dementia, or Alzheimer's disease happens. :jokealert:

Start smoking, and the last one won't happen ;)

23 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Not sure what this is supposed to mean, but I have loved ones who smoked and suffered from Alzheimer's.

Literally, some recent science concluded that nicotine is good in the prevention of alzheimers.   As for being full blown cure (shrug)    

...have you ever known a smoker to forget where they put their packet??

15 minutes ago, Microchip said:

Literally, some recent science concluded that nicotine is good in the prevention of alzheimers.   As for being full blown cure (shrug)    

...have you ever known a smoker to forget where they put their packet??

I guess you are pretty committed to finding a laugh line about a deadly disease.  I will respectfully step away and leave you to it.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14