• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
27 27

4,098 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, thunsicker said:

I'm kind of considering this as well.  If the 4500 that the 9.6 just went for on Heritage is repeatable, that puts it in the same ballpark as a nice mid grade Strange Tales #110.  

On the other hand it would break up my Steranko Strange Tales covers complete set in 9.4/9.6.

At $4500 there would be no consideration, it would be gone. :flipbait:

7 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Fact. They are the best thing to happen to the DCU (Harley Quinn was by far the best animated series of any comic property in the last decade)

honestly, watching cuoco do physical dramedy on the flight attendant I have to wonder if she would have been better in the live action role than robbie, who definitely does look perfect in it and got it right about half the time in birds of prey.  i hope DC doesn't give up on her just becauase BOP did a bad box office. I think they marketed it poorly and covid being around the corner probably didn't help matters at all. but Warner is a bunch of chickensh*ts, so now they're giving up on the character.

On 4/20/2021 at 11:09 AM, Jordysnordy said:

If I was a writer on these shows I would find every obscure under used character I could, buy up multiple copies of their 1st appearances and then write them into my shows :flipbait:

How do you know that is NOT what they are doing?

14 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Seems like an obvious case of reckless speculation.  No way that book maintains its value.

I'm not sure it will lose all its value . . . it sounds like this character will appear in the Black Widow movie and maybe other MCU films.  Agree that the size of the spike seems unwarranted, however.

2 hours ago, Callaway29 said:

This

I suppose if the character has another appearance in the Falcon finale, and actually appears in Black Widow, and seems poised for a long run in the MCU, maybe it maintains its value, but that's a lot of ifs for a lot of money.

3 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Seems like an obvious case of reckless speculation.  No way that book maintains its value.

The whole market seems like reckless speculation now, but if I were to speculate recklessly at least with a silver age book it doesn't seem as foolish compared to more modern books given that there is some high grade scarcity in these, besides it is a classic Sterenko book which probably helps it too.  (shrug)

3 hours ago, PeterPark said:

I think with the high profile casting and possibility for a longer storyline, Madame Hydra is a better investment than say...the Power Broker...

Madame Hydra looks like she's going to be an interesting character (based on her dialogue delivery imo). 

1 hour ago, Bludriver said:

I looked on ebay and the lowest price for TOS #50 is $1,000 which is crazy. I have a low grade copy of this issue so it looks like I won't be upgrading anytime soon.

My only copy is a Pence copy, so i guess I will live with that.  I also just realized I have a TOS 159 that I had picked up last year in a random online auction lot (where I was mostly interested in a MSH 20 that looked VF+/NM but turned out to have a loose centerfold), so that pleases me.

20210320_154526.thumb.jpg.376b4558d8e81304d2a4e5a82d1fe0fc.jpg

22 hours ago, Morganmi said:

The whole market seems like reckless speculation now, but if I were to speculate recklessly at least with a silver age book it doesn't seem as foolish compared to more modern books given that there is some high grade scarcity in these, besides it is a classic Sterenko book which probably helps it too.  (shrug)

Yeah, but is it really worth the same as ASM #42 the first real MJW appearance, because that seems where it's headed? 

I just checked on ebay and ST #159 is selling for almost as much as #135. So the first appearance of a pretty minor character is running close to the same as the first appearance of SHIELD and Nick Fury as a colonel in the then contemporary Marvel universe? Does that make any sense other than frothy speculation based on a TV appearance?

Edited by rjpb