• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
27 27

4,098 posts in this topic

Avengers #1 seems to be catching the wave. I suspect it's because it just looks really undervalued compared to the silly prices being realized by other books, especially given that Avengers is the biggest entertainment franchise in the world. 

Don't get me wrong, X-Men #1 is the more important book and should be more valuable for sure. But should it be 5-6x more, which it has been running in some grades? Personally I don't think so, I think 3x is more appropriate. 

Anyway, Avengers #1 seems to be catching the wave finally as a result. 

I have a 3.0 so that's what I have been tracking on eBay. Here are the sold listings for Avengers #1 in cgc 3.0:

Feb 5 - $2550

Feb 6 - $2500

Mar 14 - $3500

Apr 20 - $4200 (ss)

Apr 23 - $4500

8 hours ago, marmat said:

Is this for real? 

Per GPA a FF 5 5.0 sold for $21k

Comiclink just had an FF 5 3.5 sell in it's current auction for $8900 so not sure what the % increase would be on the 5.0

19 hours ago, loboagain said:

Comiclink just had an FF 5 3.5 sell in it's current auction for $8900 so not sure what the % increase would be on the 5.0

Oof.  With what to me looks like color touch removal.  Maybe not though after a second look.  @joeypost, any thoughts on this maybe? 

Edited by DocHoppus182
Forgot a thought

On 5/4/2021 at 10:36 AM, marmat said:

Is this for real? 

Per GPA a FF 5 5.0 sold for $21k

apparently buyer never paid. GPA has removed it and book is relisted. feebay should require immediate payment on all buy it nows. they could do away with this ongoing fiasco of determining what sales are real by doing that immediately. if mr feebay is reading this, please take action at once. 

Earlier today, I saw an ASM #1 CGC 3.0 sell for under $9,300, which I thought was a fair price for the buyer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254905505079?hash=item3b598d5537%3Ag%3AQHUAAOSwdPJgSZAM&nma=true&si=CE6blMMEgYjw9HKzm26i0%2Fl1F4Y%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Now, it states that the seller has relisted this item or one like this. Did the buyer change his mind?

19 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Could be people trying to pump the market up with fake sales, shill bidding that backfired, or simply deadbeat buyers.

i dunno about the spidey1, but the ff5 was simply a case where the guy never paid. happens all too often on the bay. if someone was going to juice gpa with fake sales then they would wait alot longer to relist a book, i think. 

6 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Be patient. Hoping we can see a re-tracement of prices back pre-covid levels

I doubt we will ever see pre-covid prices again.  We will have a market correction but not a crash to pre-covid levels.  I just don't see it with all the money coming into comics from hedge funds, institutional investors, sportscards people and new investors due to MCU movies and Disney+ shows.  Add to that, the rise of fractional ownership and that comics are now seen as an "investment" either long or short term it's hard to see pre-covid prices. 

44 minutes ago, Math Teacher said:

Earlier today, I saw an ASM #1 CGC 3.0 sell for under $9,300, which I thought was a fair price for the buyer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254905505079?hash=item3b598d5537%3Ag%3AQHUAAOSwdPJgSZAM&nma=true&si=CE6blMMEgYjw9HKzm26i0%2Fl1F4Y%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Now, it states that the seller has relisted this item or one like this. Did the buyer change his mind?

What would FMV be for an ASM 1 3.5 with Stan’s Autograph?