• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,104 posts in this topic

I was really hoping this one would fly under the radar today. Blackhawk 133 (1st Appearance Lady Blackhawk). My $125 bid got blown out of the water, and the sale seems to support the lone GPA sale of a 7.0 at $478

I'm sure prices are primarily driven by scarcity + 1st appearance demand, but it seems to be heating up for sure. There have been real beaters going for almost $100 recently.

Blackhawk%20133_zps9spmkdoi.jpg

:o

I was really hoping this one would fly under the radar today. Blackhawk 133 (1st Appearance Lady Blackhawk). My $125 bid got blown out of the water, and the sale seems to support the lone GPA sale of a 7.0 at $478

I'm sure prices are primarily driven by scarcity + 1st appearance demand, but it seems to be heating up for sure. There have been real beaters going for almost $100 recently.

Blackhawk%20133_zps9spmkdoi.jpg

:o

Blackhawk 133 is no longer a book that flies under radar.

Raw copies of SA DC's tend to fetch about 25-50% slabbed prices, at the very most.

The CGC 7.0 at $478 was from 2010, that was well before this book had the level of relevance it has in today's market.

Definitely do not agree that the CGC 7.0 sale from 2010 can be used as a point of reference for figuring current FMV.

A CBCS 3.0 sold for $450 on eBay about half a year ago.That is a decent measuring stick.It was a legit sale, reported in CoCollect....a boardie sold it(Tony Starks), I remember the starting BIN was set at $650.

If anything, I think the last sale of a CGC at $2550 was on the low end.

I didn't even see the listing pop up on eBay, and I have Blackhawk 133 on my eBay watch list.The book likely sold within a day or so of it being listed.I think the seller could have gotten his full asking price and more, if he had held out and been firm on his 3K BIN.

50's DC's are tough in FN/better with nice pages.

Even at 3K, that is a cheap price for an 8.0.

How is ST #110 doing now that the movie is out?

Sold my ST 111 CGC 4.5 last week but it took a bit of work. Silver-Age all seem to be doing ok and I'm all out of New Gods 7. Had 5 copies earlier in the year and now none.

What the ......

Tough book, but .......

For a 2.0 / 2.5 copy? Absurd.

The seller describes the spine as being completely split ( or appears split, which really means the cover isn't attached and he's just trying to cover his ).

That wouldn't grade higher then a 1.0 on a good day given the terrible condition even without the spine split.

What the ......

Tough book, but .......

The seller describes the spine as being completely split ( or appears split, which really means the cover isn't attached and he's just trying to cover his ).

That wouldn't grade higher then a 1.0 on a good day given the terrible condition even without the spine split.

That is ridiculous money for that copy. It may be worth about 10-15% of the final bid, and looks brittle in addition to the spine split.

I wonder if it was just bad luck? Maybe a couple sellers put massive high bids on it figuring there was no way someone would possibly bid it up that high, and just got caught?

This copy is probably 4.0ish with a popped bottom staple and it went for less than the rag copy.

:shrug:

What the ......

Tough book, but .......

I didn't read the blurb. Agreed, it can't be higher than a 1.0.