• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,097 posts in this topic

On 2/19/2023 at 4:57 PM, KCOComics said:

You guys are killing me!! 

I just did a trade for a FF1 which involved parting with an Avengers 1 and FF 2 - 4. 

The Avengers 1, I know I'll replace at some point and hopefully upgrade. But the FFs I really didn't feel good about letting go of. I have a feeling I'll always prioritize other books over them. 

I've traded away other keys that I miss. But those early FFs have gotten pricey enough that replacing them will require some degree of planning.

You moved up into a very nice position. The one you have would be the hardest to replace so I think you made the right move!

On 2/14/2023 at 4:13 AM, Microchip said:

That looks freaking awesome!!!!

MC-who??

They went balls deep on this one, I'm putting all my bets down that this is a comic movie we've been waiting for.

WITH an ad for comics books!! 

Yeah! Looks way better than all that Marvel guff they churn out, and I'm a Marvel fan. 

On 6/17/2023 at 6:18 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Can’t imagine this thread gets much love anymore 😂. Freaking nothing heating up these days!

Convert this thread to “silver age comic slightly cooling” which is considerably better than “silver age comics that have been hosed with liquid nitrogen and put into a deep freeze”

Batman and Tec have weathered the current market relatively well. Plenty of non-key issues with main villain covers have been continuing to creep up, as well as the keys and a lot of common run books I. High grade. They have taken the tortoise route where slow and steady wins the price gains year after year.

On 8/23/2023 at 7:56 PM, Callaway29 said:

Nice, very nice…only two higher.

IMG_1925.jpeg.38e99be73409393198b223ea33cc524d.jpeg

I agree, it's a gorgeous copy of a very, very tough book.

I got blown out of the water after 12 minutes of the bidding open.

-bc

On 8/23/2023 at 5:36 PM, bc said:

This one seemed pretty hot in last nights CC auction

bla6.53_1.jpg

Hammered for $33,350 without including the 15% Buyers fee.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/993498

-bc

This makes me very happy about mine!

image.thumb.jpeg.edc158f21da86d43d539e689d7c06943.jpeg

My 6.5 undercopy is up on highgradecomics.com, just sayin' ... :whistle:

Edited by Sweet Lou 14