• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,097 posts in this topic

Doom Patrol 99 - short term or long term key? (shrug)

Undervalued great book

Always liked it

I think it's a mini key

Not sure it's undervalued anymore when fines are going for around $100

Can you find one easily at that price ?

Undervalued great book

Always liked it

I think it's a mini key

This book could be more than a minor key. #100 is great as well with the BB origin story and great cover. Finding a 99 in high grade is a pain ! Edited by paul747

Undervalued great book

Always liked it

I think it's a mini key

Not sure it's undervalued anymore when fines are going for around $100

Can you find one easily at that price ?

I saw one sell in Dale's thread almost instantaneously. Ebay sellers are trying to get even more than that.

I do it's a great key and in the wild I do believe it can be found cheaply at times. :thumbsup:

Not sure if this qualifies as "heating up" given that there are so few sales (scarce book with 24 census copies), but Space Adventures 33 might fit the bill. 1st appearance books are hot, and Captain Atom is a fairly recognizable character and is still very relevant in the DC universe.

Only GPA data in the past 2 years is a 4.0 that sold twice for >$400. That's higher than any other recorded sale (including an 8.5 that sold for $340 back in late 2012). I'm thinking this book has room to grow a bit value wise (if you can find one).

Edited by CrocHntr

Not sure if this qualifies as "heating up" given that there are so few sales (scarce book with 24 census copies), but Space Adventures 33 might fit the bill. 1st appearance books are hot, and Captain Atom is a fairly recognizable character and is still very relevant in the DC universe.

Only GPA data in the past 2 years is a 4.0 that sold twice for >$400. That's higher than any other recorded sale (including an 8.5 that sold for $340 back in late 2012). I'm thinking this book has room to grow a bit value wise (if you can find one).

And I only need one..... (thumbs u :baiting:

Someone took out all my FF 67's and Thor 165's the other day. Sold a low grade TTA 44 and a higher grade TTA 35. Those seem to be rising. Brave and the Bold 25 & 60 are both gaining momentum. Avengers 57 & FF 52 are white hot but I suppose you gentlemen already knew that. Just thought Id share my observations. Good luck out there.

*Correction. One 165 left.

Edited by blazincomics