• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,097 posts in this topic

Hey! It wasn’t your fault. :foryou:

Besides, I always try to sell it for above what it averages since I know deep inside I want to keep it… lol

My keeper is not bad, anyway, a FNVF or so. :)

If only this beauty did not have a detached staple it would have been my keeper… :(

7iNEaajh.jpg

:sorry::foryou:

Excuse my ignorance, but why is Doom Patrol #99 heating up?

I have a copy, and have been contacted about possibly selling it.

First beast boy, not easy to come by in higher grade, cool book, teen titans tie in.....

Movie hype :shrug:

Not sure if this qualifies as "heating up" given that there are so few sales (scarce book with 24 census copies), but Space Adventures 33 might fit the bill. 1st appearance books are hot, and Captain Atom is a fairly recognizable character and is still very relevant in the DC universe.

Only GPA data in the past 2 years is a 4.0 that sold twice for >$400. That's higher than any other recorded sale (including an 8.5 that sold for $340 back in late 2012). I'm thinking this book has room to grow a bit value wise (if you can find one).

And I only need one..... (thumbs u :baiting:

Took forever for me to be able to snag a lower grade copy on mycomicshop. This is a tough book to find.

book is nearly impossible to find in HG;i'd given up long ago. there are a whopping 2 copies in the census higher than 9.0. and i don't think this is going to one of those cases where high prices are going to drive a lot of copies out of the woodwork. tth2 stated years ago that Aquaman #11-20 are much tougher to find in HG than #1-10 and the census #'s have borne this out.

book is nearly impossible to find in HG;i'd given up long ago. there are a whopping 2 copies in the census higher than 9.0. and i don't think this is going to one of those cases where high prices are going to drive a lot of copies out of the woodwork. tth2 stated years ago that Aquaman #11-20 are much tougher to find in HG than #1-10 and the census #'s have borne this out.

Interesting. I knew without a doubt it's tough to find in HG cuz of that cover. Did not know however about the census details. That just seems like a crazy price to me.

Interesting. I knew without a doubt it's tough to find in HG cuz of that cover. Did not know however about the census details. That just seems like a crazy price to me.

I sold my 9.0 a few years ago for $800+. VERY tough in high grade.

Jeez, if Aquaman #11 is selling for this now, what will happen if/when they actually cast someone for the role.

There are a lot of skyrocketing SA DC's right now. There is one I saw that was crazy to me, but I am not going to post it because it is on my want list to upgrade and I don't need it to get any more hype before I own one.

Jeez, if Aquaman #11 is selling for this now, what will happen if/when they actually cast someone for the role.

A human version of Ariel. Yep, nowhere to go but up. I was watching that Aquaman 11. I thought it would go for $325 tops. I wasn't close. It's uber-tough above 7.0 because of that black cover and presumably a lower print run (?). I have an apparent 6.5 that has color touch on the parts of the spine that had color-breaking creases on the cover. Picked it up for cheap last year just before the Aqua movie was announced.

There are a lot of skyrocketing SA DC's right now. There is one I saw that was crazy to me, but I am not going to post it because it is on my want list to upgrade and I don't need it to get any more hype before I own one.

C'mon :baiting: spill the beans. There is just tons of stuff taking off. A great time to be a seller and a fun time to be a sleuthing buyer!

cripes, the Savannah 9.2 (which was probably blacker inside than the cover) went for $325 or thereabouts. i'm sure some savvy "investor" would pony up $1k for that book now.

I think the same , its a tough one but is she an A or B class character ? No in my opinion so i will rather invest those $400 in A and B class characters

cripes, the Savannah 9.2 (which was probably blacker inside than the cover) went for $325 or thereabouts. i'm sure some savvy "investor" would pony up $1k for that book now.

I would happily pay $1000+ for a HG copy as I have a mid-grade MF 73, HG Aquaman 29, and HG 35 and am just missing a nice HG 11.

On the subject of Silver Age Aquaman, others that are heating up -- besides Aquaman 11 (1st Mera), 29 (1st Ocean Master) and 35 (1st Black Manta) -- are:

Aquaman 1 (his first self-titled book)

Showcase 30 (his first full-feature book)

Adventure 260 (his first Silver Age origin, arguably first Silver Age Aquaman).

The pattern I am seeing is that female first appearances, long relegated to being minor keys at best, are now heating up due to their popularity in the movies, TV and as redesigned characters in the comics themselves.

Poison IVY

Harleyquin

Zatanna

Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Scarlet Witch

Supergirl

Amanda Waller

Ms. Marvel. (Carol Danvers)

Spider Woman

Black Cat

Powergirl

I am sure there are many more. Mera is just falling into this pattern.

The pattern I am seeing is that female first appearances, long relegated to being minor keys at best, are now heating up due to their popularity in the movies, TV and as redesigned characters in the comics themselves.

Poison IVY

Harleyquin

Zatanna

Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Scarlet Witch

Supergirl

Amanda Waller

Ms. Marvel. (Carol Danvers)

Spider Woman

Black Cat

Powergirl

I am sure there are many more. Mera is just falling into this pattern.

Yup yup yup.

Add to that:

-Medusa

-Huntress

-Gwen Stacy

-Talia