• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,097 posts in this topic

On 8/26/2020 at 12:46 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

That's not really true.  It all depends what grade we're talking about.  Speaking for myself, anything still on my want list is a book that is not currently available for sale.  If it were, I would own it by now.

I mean, even then that's debatable at best. The closest thing we can compare them to is DC and generally the disparity is huge.

You could always argue that most books in super high-grade, say 9.8 or 9.6 are rare (at least in comparison to demand), but high-grade Marvel's aren't what I would consider "tough to find".

On 9/1/2020 at 12:42 AM, www.alexgross.com said:

a very high price for this book in this low grade. many high hammer prices tonight on the link. 

4F2FCF81-63F5-42A8-B351-E00E24365C59.png

X-men 1 been trending to 2k a point for a while now. I sold a 2.5 for 4750 last month. 

On 9/7/2020 at 10:55 AM, Shoomanfoo said:

Fantastic four 19. 
All my copies even the lower 1.5 getting 150 fees and 5 watchers a day.

Guess it’s one of those early yet still Affordable keys with lots of growth because of it being Kang.

Indeed. A couple of sales in the last day or two way over guide now that Kang has been cast.

On 9/7/2020 at 11:55 AM, Shoomanfoo said:

Fantastic four 19. 
All my copies even the lower 1.5 getting 150 fees and 5 watchers a day.

Guess it’s one of those early yet still Affordable keys with lots of growth because of it being Kang.

I can't even keep track of which of these characters are canonically the same guy.  I seem to remember that at one point Marvel canon had Kang, Immortus, Rama-Tut, and even Dr. Doom as the same guy.  I highly doubt any of that retconning should be relevant to the MCU though.

18 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I can't even keep track of which of these characters are canonically the same guy.  I seem to remember that at one point Marvel canon had Kang, Immortus, Rama-Tut, and even Dr. Doom as the same guy.  I highly doubt any of that retconning should be relevant to the MCU though.

You forgot Scarlet Centurion.:baiting:

Following the Kang sales a little but nothing is in my range anymore. 

Silver Surfer 4 is still pretty hot as well. 

Tales of Suspense 94 moves quickly.

I have seen many of the first 20 Amazing Spider-Man issues selling briskly and for strong prices.

I haven't noticed much fluctuations in DCs...

Oh yeah, for Charlton, Fightin' Five 40 is on fire!

Talk about heating up, who would have thought a B-list Charlton character would take off so wildly.  John Cena playing Peacemaker in Suicide Squad 2 (and also an announced HBO Max spinoff series).  The fact that Gunn feels like Suicide Squad 2 is the best -script he's written to date (even over GoG) has me very intrigued.  But I'm always shocked with the speculation impact on certain books.

fightin5.PNG

peacmaker.PNG

On 10/3/2020 at 9:28 AM, CrocHntr said:

Talk about heating up, who would have thought a B-list Charlton character would take off so wildly.  John Cena playing Peacemaker in Suicide Squad 2 (and also an announced HBO Max spinoff series).  The fact that Gunn feels like Suicide Squad 2 is the best --script he's written to date (even over GoG) has me very intrigued.  But I'm always shocked with the speculation impact on certain books.

fightin5.PNG

peacmaker.PNG

Final hammer on Fightin 5 was $2,184 😳