• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,104 posts in this topic

fantastic four 65 is doing very well again, should have more staying power this time with influence of Captain Marvel using the Kree race and Supreme Intelligence.  Can't wait to see Ronan again, was so glad he wasn't a one and done!

On 9/6/2018 at 1:01 PM, Pontoon said:

Meh. The run-up has everything to do with hype and dollar signs. Prices were relatively flat for years until the Disney/Fox acquisition. These kinds of huge leaps are always based on speculation and have little to do with love of storyline or the book itself. Although I don't think FF #2 will be dropping down substantially post-movie release, like many other super-villain hype books do.

I bet FF 2 will take a much more substantial hit than most. Hopefully Marvel doesn't pull another Thor - The Dark World.

18 hours ago, Howling Mad said:

I bet FF 2 will take a much more substantial hit than most. Hopefully Marvel doesn't pull another Thor - The Dark World.

I went back and watched that movie and it really isn't as bad as it's made out to be.  No doubt, the weakest of his three films, but I think it deserves just a little more love.

16 hours ago, Turb0wned said:

What do you guys think about FF5 and ASM 14? Think those will take a hit after the movies?

I think youll be waiting a long time before FF5 hits the theaters.  But when it does, yes, the comic may take a small hit.  Unlike most of the other villains in the MCU Doom has staying power, so I wouldnt expect it to come down as drastic as some.

Captain Britain/Black Knight Movie rumors have a really large number of Avengers #48 being sold on ebay over the last few days. Prices haven't really jumped but the speculators are buying up whatever looks reasonable. I've been a fan of the book since I was a kid and never understood why, in a market that any Silver Age 1st appearance can sky rocket, that the Black Knight has just set flat, barely breaking out over surrounding issues.

22 minutes ago, boomtown said:

Captain Britain/Black Knight Movie rumors have a really large number of Avengers #48 being sold on ebay over the last few days. Prices haven't really jumped but the speculators are buying up whatever looks reasonable. I've been a fan of the book since I was a kid and never understood why, in a market that any Silver Age 1st appearance can sky rocket, that the Black Knight has just set flat, barely breaking out over surrounding issues.

I figured they’d be throwing a bone to the folks across the pond soon enough... (thumbsu

1 hour ago, boomtown said:

Captain Britain/Black Knight Movie rumors have a really large number of Avengers #48 being sold on ebay over the last few days. Prices haven't really jumped. any Silver Age 1st appearance can sky rocket, that the Black Knight has just set flat, barely breaking out over surrounding issues.

If the movie is based on UK :wishluck: heroes, shouldn't the spec be on 1st app. and origin of first Marvel (non-Atlas) Black Knight based in UK from TTA #52 Feb, 1964?

4 hours ago, Bobbyusc said:

I think youll be waiting a long time before FF5 hits the theaters.  But when it does, yes, the comic may take a small hit.  Unlike most of the other villains in the MCU Doom has staying power, so I wouldnt expect it to come down as drastic as some.

Hopefully it never drops below at least current prices, although I love the book and would perfer to keep it. I've been thinking about this books with villans recently though, considered selling some off as most drop after they die. 

Alot of huge Doom fans out there though. 

33 minutes ago, Howling Mad said:

Absolutely on ASM 14. The prices it's already commanding are ridiculous for what's an admittedly cool, but 3rd string villain. Heavy spec on that book!

You don't mean ASM 14, right? I'd hardly call the first appearance of the Green Goblin a spec book. Maybe ASM 13?

55 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

Maybe it is just me, but I feel like Strange Tales 89 always sells quick on the boards and seems to be heating up price wise - I don't quite know why I like it so much but I really do (I need to add one tot he collection :) )

Get one! I can’t promise a profit, but I’ll bet good money you never regret it!

50 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

Get one! I can’t promise a profit, but I’ll bet good money you never regret it!

It is just such a great cover and who doesn't love Fin Fang Foom!  Plus I love its "relative" scarcity for a Marvel Silver Age key ........ fine I have convinced myself to add it to the list of acquisition targets :) Although I worry it may be a slippery slope for other pre-hero Marvels ....