Silver age comics that are heating up
29 29

1,388 posts in this topic

1,098 posts
On 10/5/2018 at 8:29 AM, 1Cool said:

Things seem to be getting crazy lately.  A CGC 6.0 just sold for $340 which is 3x what I was paying a couple years ago. 

Picked up 2 More at a Con this past weekend for 20 and 15 Raw, Id say maybe Sixes...Off to the Presser they GO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,271 posts
2 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Picked up 2 More at a Con this past weekend for 20 and 15 Raw, Id say maybe Sixes...Off to the Presser they GO

Nice score.  I sold my GD/VG copy last week for $55 and it was only listed for a few days.  I was able to find a bunch of VG copies for $20 - $25 and unwisely passed on most since I was concentrating on FN/VF copies and higher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,271 posts

FF Annual 6 is so hot right now it's scary.  Mid grade raws going for a couple hundred dollars!  I sold off my 7.0 for $600, 8.0 for $750, 8.5 for $900 and the 9.2 for $1,500.  Love it when a plan comes together :tink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,098 posts

YOU SAVE ANYONE FOR ME?  I have Two getting ready to send Might Ask for a Few Grading Ideas (I think) 6's  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,271 posts
10 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

YOU SAVE ANYONE FOR ME?  I have Two getting ready to send Might Ask for a Few Grading Ideas (I think) 6's  

 

Yep - I've got a 9.0 up for sale that can be yours!  I can sell for $1,000 for you - but only you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,628 posts

Get ready to cash in on your copies of Avengers 8.  It has already went up significantly, but I feel it is about to really pop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,561 posts
1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Get ready to cash in on your copies of Avengers 8.  It has already went up significantly, but I feel it is about to really pop.

Whoa, you talking about that 9.0 that went for $2K? Or are you observing something else...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
913 posts
2 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Get ready to cash in on your copies of Avengers 8.  It has already went up significantly, but I feel it is about to really pop.

I Googled and didn't find anything to justify this.  There are lots of Kang movie theories around Avengers 4, some even described as "leaks" -- but falsely as far as I can tell.  If you have some specific reliable info, please share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,628 posts
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:02 AM, Callaway29 said:

Whoa, you talking about that 9.0 that went for $2K? Or are you observing something else...? 

Yes that was surprising.  In general this book has shot up, as mid grade copies that could be had for $150 or less a year ago are now fetching $400 - 600.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I Googled and didn't find anything to justify this.  There are lots of Kang movie theories around Avengers 4, some even described as "leaks" -- but falsely as far as I can tell.  If you have some specific reliable info, please share.

I don't have any leaks but the time travel rumors have been verified by certain actors who are dead in the MCU being informed they will be used in the new movie.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,998 posts
1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I don't have any leaks but the time travel rumors have been verified by certain actors who are dead in the MCU being informed they will be used in the new movie.  

Wonder if that means an Avengers movie Kang to :nyah: Rama-Tut to Dr Doom story arc leading to a 3rd relauched FF movie?

6o1Fzuk.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,266 posts

Probably old news, but just, wow - FF 49 setting new heights, even in low and mid grades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,984 posts
On 11/21/2018 at 12:06 AM, SilverMAge said:

My MSH 13 CGC 9.6 is doing very well in the November Featured Auction on ComicLink proving its HOT! 

Not surprising. Ms. Marvel is super-cool and considered for long time a secondary character just because her original series was short. The modern series placing her as Captain Marvel… well, I don’t care at all about modern Marvel policies and they screwed up the characters big time, but it paved the way for a movie on Capitan Marvel (in general) that was long overdue, given they have toyed with the cosmic mythology of the Marvel age for a while.
People laughed at me when I tried to sell my FNVF copy here… Then, IIRC I auctioned it and went for $450 or so, when most people were willing to pay just $200-250 max for a copy in that range.
Now, that we have seen copies in VF and above are tough to find, my old FNVF could look just like a "bargain". I kept a FN+ copy for myself, page quality is so-so but not willing to spend hundreds to get another copy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 posts
1 hour ago, vaillant said:

Not surprising. Ms. Marvel is super-cool and considered for long time a secondary character just because her original series was short. The modern series placing her as Captain Marvel… well, I don’t care at all about modern Marvel policies and they screwed up the characters big time, but it paved the way for a movie on Capitan Marvel (in general) that was long overdue, given they have toyed with the cosmic mythology of the Marvel age for a while.
People laughed at me when I tried to sell my FNVF copy here… Then, IIRC I auctioned it and went for $450 or so, when most people were willing to pay just $200-250 max for a copy in that range.
Now, that we have seen copies in VF and above are tough to find, my old FNVF could look just like a "bargain". I kept a FN+ copy for myself, page quality is so-so but not willing to spend hundreds to get another copy.

The MSH #13 CGC 9.6 sold in the CL November Feature Auction for $31,111. Hype is an amazing thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,864 posts
1 hour ago, SilverMAge said:

The MSH #13 CGC 9.6 sold in the CL November Feature Auction for $31,111. Hype is an amazing thing.

That's insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,561 posts

CGC 7.0 WP FF18 Fantucchio copy sold on CL for $1500 in case you missed it...! 

Oh, and it had a CVA sticker too...O.o

I was a WAY underbidder...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,984 posts
1 hour ago, zosocane said:
3 hours ago, SilverMAge said:

The MSH #13 CGC 9.6 sold in the CL November Feature Auction for $31,111. Hype is an amazing thing.

That's insane.

Or just the effects of artificial hype "I can buy to flip, squeeze, repeat"… until one finds himself with a late Silver age book (albeit cool) paid over $30.000… Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19,984 posts
1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

CGC 7.0 WP FF18 Fantucchio copy sold on CL for $1500 in case you missed it...! 

Oh, and it had a CVA sticker too...O.o

I was a WAY underbidder...

Well, I no longer have the scan but my FNVF was quite pretty… very good centering so, almost a CVA. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 posts

How about the new Spider-Man movie?

From what I read it’s based on the elementals (FF232)

 

Its been confirmed in the QA over the weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
29 29