• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
27 27

4,098 posts in this topic

On 10/5/2018 at 8:29 AM, 1Cool said:

Things seem to be getting crazy lately.  A CGC 6.0 just sold for $340 which is 3x what I was paying a couple years ago. 

Picked up 2 More at a Con this past weekend for 20 and 15 Raw, Id say maybe Sixes...Off to the Presser they GO

2 hours ago, Jaydee said:

Picked up 2 More at a Con this past weekend for 20 and 15 Raw, Id say maybe Sixes...Off to the Presser they GO

Nice score.  I sold my GD/VG copy last week for $55 and it was only listed for a few days.  I was able to find a bunch of VG copies for $20 - $25 and unwisely passed on most since I was concentrating on FN/VF copies and higher. 

FF Annual 6 is so hot right now it's scary.  Mid grade raws going for a couple hundred dollars!  I sold off my 7.0 for $600, 8.0 for $750, 8.5 for $900 and the 9.2 for $1,500.  Love it when a plan comes together :tink:

10 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

YOU SAVE ANYONE FOR ME?  I have Two getting ready to send Might Ask for a Few Grading Ideas (I think) 6's  

Yep - I've got a 9.0 up for sale that can be yours!  I can sell for $1,000 for you - but only you.

2 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Get ready to cash in on your copies of Avengers 8.  It has already went up significantly, but I feel it is about to really pop.

I Googled and didn't find anything to justify this.  There are lots of Kang movie theories around Avengers 4, some even described as "leaks" -- but falsely as far as I can tell.  If you have some specific reliable info, please share.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:02 AM, Callaway29 said:

Whoa, you talking about that 9.0 that went for $2K? Or are you observing something else...? 

Yes that was surprising.  In general this book has shot up, as mid grade copies that could be had for $150 or less a year ago are now fetching $400 - 600.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:36 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I Googled and didn't find anything to justify this.  There are lots of Kang movie theories around Avengers 4, some even described as "leaks" -- but falsely as far as I can tell.  If you have some specific reliable info, please share.

I don't have any leaks but the time travel rumors have been verified by certain actors who are dead in the MCU being informed they will be used in the new movie.  

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I don't have any leaks but the time travel rumors have been verified by certain actors who are dead in the MCU being informed they will be used in the new movie.  

Wonder if that means an Avengers movie Kang to :nyah: Rama-Tut to Dr Doom story arc leading to a 3rd relauched FF movie?

6o1Fzuk.jpg

On 11/21/2018 at 12:06 AM, SilverMAge said:

My MSH 13 CGC 9.6 is doing very well in the November Featured Auction on ComicLink proving its HOT! 

Not surprising. Ms. Marvel is super-cool and considered for long time a secondary character just because her original series was short. The modern series placing her as Captain Marvel… well, I don’t care at all about modern Marvel policies and they screwed up the characters big time, but it paved the way for a movie on Capitan Marvel (in general) that was long overdue, given they have toyed with the cosmic mythology of the Marvel age for a while.
People laughed at me when I tried to sell my FNVF copy here… Then, IIRC I auctioned it and went for $450 or so, when most people were willing to pay just $200-250 max for a copy in that range.
Now, that we have seen copies in VF and above are tough to find, my old FNVF could look just like a "bargain". I kept a FN+ copy for myself, page quality is so-so but not willing to spend hundreds to get another copy.

1 hour ago, vaillant said:

Not surprising. Ms. Marvel is super-cool and considered for long time a secondary character just because her original series was short. The modern series placing her as Captain Marvel… well, I don’t care at all about modern Marvel policies and they screwed up the characters big time, but it paved the way for a movie on Capitan Marvel (in general) that was long overdue, given they have toyed with the cosmic mythology of the Marvel age for a while.
People laughed at me when I tried to sell my FNVF copy here… Then, IIRC I auctioned it and went for $450 or so, when most people were willing to pay just $200-250 max for a copy in that range.
Now, that we have seen copies in VF and above are tough to find, my old FNVF could look just like a "bargain". I kept a FN+ copy for myself, page quality is so-so but not willing to spend hundreds to get another copy.

The MSH #13 CGC 9.6 sold in the CL November Feature Auction for $31,111. Hype is an amazing thing.

1 hour ago, zosocane said:
3 hours ago, SilverMAge said:

The MSH #13 CGC 9.6 sold in the CL November Feature Auction for $31,111. Hype is an amazing thing.

That's insane.

Or just the effects of artificial hype "I can buy to flip, squeeze, repeat"… until one finds himself with a late Silver age book (albeit cool) paid over $30.000… Good luck.

1 hour ago, Callaway29 said:

CGC 7.0 WP FF18 Fantucchio copy sold on CL for $1500 in case you missed it...! 

Oh, and it had a CVA sticker too...O.o

I was a WAY underbidder...

Well, I no longer have the scan but my FNVF was quite pretty… very good centering so, almost a CVA. :P