• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silver age comics that are heating up
26 26

4,104 posts in this topic

:o

Pretty thick book, I imagine hard to find it high grade

There are no 9.8s

an annual 6 for $117? I sure don't remember that sale? That seems pretty low for December. I would have paid 3 times that in December for that book

It is the last 9.0 sale but agreed it was probably not representative of the market at the time.

Still with a day to go this 9.0 has achieved a pretty strong price - a high I would say

Has anyone heard if Annihilus will be in the Fantastic four movie. I know it is confirmed the negative zone will play a major part in that move.

A year ago there was talk of it (like here for example)

I'm expecting a tease of some kind; like maybe that 6th person gets left behind in the N Zone

Good point. There are still a lot of people who peruse the "ending soonest" list. They either don't have automated want lists set up or are looking for targets of opportunity.

Has anyone heard if Annihilus will be in the Fantastic four movie. I know it is confirmed the negative zone will play a major part in that move.

The Annihilation storyline would tie GOTG, Thanos, Knowhere, Inhumans together reaaaaaaal nice... hm

I'd be buying all the cool undervalued SA DC pre 1968 keys in 7.0+. B&B and Showcase have a ton of cool books in the runs and who doesn't love Sea Devils and Metal Men and Doom Patrol and Challengers and .....

I want to personally thank the person who bought the My Greatest Adventure 80 7.5w slab in the last comiclink auction. Twin Cities ped, sure, but holy mackerel at the hammer price. That's a nice ROI for the person who bought it in the original HA auction back in '11

You're welcome!

I've had trouble finding the book (its been in my WTB thread for months). Its a tough key to find in HG, especially right now, and White pages to boot. On top of that, I had a few little books that sold in the auction that I didn't have much into so even at the price I paid, I was still happy to have it. And there was another person that bid it up to the same amount. But since that was my high bid first, mine stuck. I also picked up a lower graded copy a few months ago that's at CGC that I may use to offset the cost even more.

If anyone has any other copies in higher grade, please PM me (or any other books in my WTB thread)!

As a person with more than a vested interest in the title, I've noticed MGA 80 prices have been on the rise as of late so it's not as though you are an extreme outlier here (thumbs u

I'd be buying all the cool undervalued SA DC pre 1968 keys in 7.0+. B&B and Showcase have a ton of cool books in the runs and who doesn't love Sea Devils and Metal Men and Doom Patrol and Challengers and .....

I want to personally thank the person who bought the My Greatest Adventure 80 7.5w slab in the last comiclink auction. Twin Cities ped, sure, but holy mackerel at the hammer price. That's a nice ROI for the person who bought it in the original HA auction back in '11

You're welcome!

I've had trouble finding the book (its been in my WTB thread for months). Its a tough key to find in HG, especially right now, and White pages to boot. On top of that, I had a few little books that sold in the auction that I didn't have much into so even at the price I paid, I was still happy to have it. And there was another person that bid it up to the same amount. But since that was my high bid first, mine stuck. I also picked up a lower graded copy a few months ago that's at CGC that I may use to offset the cost even more.

If anyone has any other copies in higher grade, please PM me (or any other books in my WTB thread)!

As a person with more than a vested interest in the title, I've noticed MGA 80 prices have been on the rise as of late so it's not as though you are an extreme outlier here (thumbs u

Actually, I thought that Twin Cities pedigree went for a reasonable price. I think I'm the bidder that stopped at that last bid.I had just picked up a nice 7.0 recently,so I was only bidding for the upgrade. That is the only reason I didn't bid again. Twin Cities books are so nice.

You're welcome!

Actually, I thought that Twin Cities pedigree went for a reasonable price. I think I'm the bidder that stopped at that last bid.I had just picked up a nice 7.0 recently,so I was only bidding for the upgrade. That is the only reason I didn't bid again. Twin Cities books are so nice.

They are. Top shelf colors and practically dripping with cover gloss. :cloud9:

You're welcome!

I would like to personally thank you for not bidding again because I was willing to go higher. :)

You're welcome!

I bought two mid-gradeish MGA #80s recently. Vastly underrated.

:cloud9:

Someone earlier on in this thread mentioned Neal Adams Silver age stuff getting hot.

I have been collecting as much of his Silver and early Bronze age on eBay over the past year and a half as I can. I concentrate on raw books for low prices so I can CGC them. Up until 4-5 months ago this was fairly easy but it has gotten a lot harder since then.

I am seeing an upward tick in price increases for all of his horror and sci-fi titles like House of Mystery, DC Special and Phantom Stranger.

In fact prices in general for these titles are rising quickly. I think they will only get more popular as time goes on.

Cheers, Howard

Someone earlier on in this thread mentioned Neal Adams Silver age stuff getting hot.

I have been collecting as much of his Silver and early Bronze age on eBay over the past year and a half as I can. I concentrate on raw books for low prices so I can CGC them. Up until 4-5 months ago this was fairly easy but it has gotten a lot harder since then.

I am seeing an upward tick in price increases for all of his horror and sci-fi titles like House of Mystery, DC Special and Phantom Stranger.

In fact prices in general for these titles are rising quickly. I think they will only get more popular as time goes on.

Cheers, Howard

Collecting by popular artist is always a good idea.. Regardless of motive.. Art is timeless and is not being controlled by current trends or movies... I do the same with the other Adams, Art Adams, I love his early books and try and get as many in NM signed and slabbed.

I always had a soft spot for Hawk and Dove. Such a kooky concept that never took off in comics but it might make for interesting TV. I am curious if Showcase 75 really takes off. It is one of those books that probably was not widely collected or well taken care of. I'm guessing high grade books will be in short supply. And with loads of collectors procrastinating because they don't love the characters, it might actually be a slow rise up the charts. This will be interesting. :popcorn:

Yeah, Showcase 75 got looted today.

Even if they inspired a real-world religion, I would never care about Hawk and Dove.

If you want to "invent a religion" all you have got to do is to ask Neil Gaiman. He was bragging about it since the early 1990s. :sick:

I have never read the series, but Hawk and Dove are an interesting concept. :)