• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's in store for 2015?

5 posts in this topic

Or, Where does my path lead?

I honestly don't know if I achieved any of my goals for 2014. I was hoping to go up in the rankings, but I didn't. I was hoping to reacquire my New Mutants premiere status, but I didn't. I was even hoping to add another Stan Lee Signatures series book for my earlier Daredevil run, but I didn't. The one thing I was able to do, that I am rather proud of, was to begin getting my birthday books. These were the books that were published in April of 72, even though most went on sale in February of the same year.

I do miss out on a few like Green Lantern/Green Arrow and Batman, but searching for these gems that are the same age as me is quite the challenge. So far, all but one that I have, I purchased raw. The one I bought already purchased was found by Bagofleas at the Baltimore ComiCon that we attended in September of this year. The other eight that I purchased were also acquired this year at either the New York Special Edition and surprisingly I even found a few at Wizard World's pop culture event in Philadelphia.

The five I had CCG grade were graded between an 8.0 and a 9.8. One even was signed by Neal Adams. This copy of Superman's Pal Jimmy Olson received a 9.6, currently the hugest SS on the census. As my lil' bro would say, an OAK. I do plan on continuing this over the next year. I have listed 45 books that I need from DC and Marvel both. The list gets longer if I add the other companies. Even though I have those marked, I think it would be better to limit it to the 45. Surprisingly, I have more DC than Marvel.

A few I have like Tarzan and Superman are low grade and not worth submitting, these were also purchased in the tail end of 2013 and helped me decide to attempt this. I will continue to search for the New Mutants in 2015, but I think that next year will be a recreation of comics that were released in the year of the rat.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

16247.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

I love how you're slowly starting to collect those birth month books! You've inspired me to start doing the same thing, maybe as a goal for 2015.

But I'm torn on this point. Should I get books with the "publish date" that matches my birth month of 6/73 since the date on the label matches. Or should I get books with the publish date of 8/73 since those are the books that were being released, brand new on the shelf, during the same month as I was being released upon an unsuspecting world.

Or should I get both? Both my "publish date" and "release date" birth month books? After all, don't we all look for more reasons to collect? :)

I agree Tnerb, you should make a birthday set. It would be cool to see those you have all displayed together and then to see which you still need.

I'm thinking I would rather have birthday books with the year published on the comic and CGC label. Whenever I see those I don't think to myself "well, it's not really my birthday month", I think "how cool is that to see my birthday month on this comic!"