• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2017 at 12:17 AM, Whitelanterncorps said:

Can I get in on this club?

59daf8582dbb8_Hulk181.jpg.0682e11c51cdf60a8e8350bf5baaae32.jpg

Looks pretty sweet. Mine had arrived on Saturday, but I couldn’t pick it up until today with my neighborhood blocked off for a local festival/parade so the postman couldn’t deliver and Monday being Columbus Day. 

My 7.0....... 

C685B881-B178-4A32-9E7C-999DDA271C93.jpeg

1 hour ago, rebelpk said:

I've had my one for a while.

It was  8.5 bought from Gregg Reece a while ago. When I went to C2E2 I dropped it off to get signed.

Still don't have it back but I got a picture of it.

thumbnail_IMG_4101.jpg

RIP Len Wein :) 

Congrats on the book!

7 hours ago, rebelpk said:

I've had my one for a while.

It was  8.5 bought from Gregg Reece a while ago. When I went to C2E2 I dropped it off to get signed.

Still don't have it back but I got a picture of it.

Wait it was an 8.5, you got it signed and it turned into a 9.0?  Is that common or just good luck with the person who graded it?

16 hours ago, davebo357 said:

Wait it was an 8.5, you got it signed and it turned into a 9.0?  Is that common or just good luck with the person who graded it?

Was it pressed by CGC between grading?

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, Kevin76 said:

Man, I have got to get me one ah these!!  

I've put it off for a long time cause they are just so easily available 

I'd like one too, simply because of my nostalgia with the character, but prices combined with the census (9902!) scare me away. 180 might be a better fit for me... 

Wow, I think my first post was just last page in September about the mediocre copy I bought off ebay and sent to get graded via my LCS.  It's been an interesting few months, getting impatient and unsatisfied with my weak entry into collecting actually valuable comics and buying a much better IH181, then the inevitable GSXM1 and then finally just stumbled into my pie-in-the-sky comic I never thought I'd actually own in a condition I could stomach looking at on the wall, X-Men #1.  Much thanks to the various boardies responsible for all three, I'd have never bothered doing this via the impersonal and aggravating process of ebay.

2017-12-05-comic.frame1.jpg

On 12/5/2017 at 12:57 AM, davebo357 said:

Wow, I think my first post was just last page in September about the mediocre copy I bought off ebay and sent to get graded via my LCS.  It's been an interesting few months, getting impatient and unsatisfied with my weak entry into collecting actually valuable comics and buying a much better IH181, then the inevitable GSXM1 and then finally just stumbled into my pie-in-the-sky comic I never thought I'd actually own in a condition I could stomach looking at on the wall, X-Men #1.  Much thanks to the various boardies responsible for all three, I'd have never bothered doing this via the impersonal and aggravating process of ebay.

2017-12-05-comic.frame1.jpg

Congrats. Very nice set and awesome frame to display them in

15 hours ago, wolverine180 said:

Congrats. Very nice set and awesome frame to display them in

Yeah I really like this stuff by Collector's Resource for both graded and raw books.  I got that triple-graded one then a tri-folding one that's like five feet tall to hold 12 raw books and cover the back of a desk with wires and my wife really likes it.  Here's the link if anyone's curious:

http://stores.thecollectorsresource.com/graded-book-pods/