• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

On 1/23/2018 at 2:00 PM, jasmit990 said:

Going forward, we could easily see a dump of many copies on the open market which would send prices lower.  I'm sure it would be temporary but still not a good feeling.  

The thing is there are 10000 plus copies slabbed of this book and an unknown number of raw.  For a dump to affect the market it would need to be thousands of copies. If someone dumped a few dozen copies or even a few hundred, given the number around as well as bought and sold daily, several 100 new copies would likely not even register on the market.

Would you pop out a 7.0 to be pressed and regraded or too risky? It has a non color breaking bend top right and a light non color breaker on wolvie. Spine creases break color. 

Add me to club. Sold my 5.0 to get this 7.0 directly from my comic shop. Will post pic later. 

Edited by jason4

On 12/14/2017 at 9:26 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

CGC confirmed today that there are now 10,000 copies of this book Incredible Hulk 181 certified and graded.

They commemorated it by putting "10,000 copy certified" on the label :) of the book.

I saw it on CGC's Facebook page, it is hard to "link" Facebook, so if anyone has an easier link, more power to you! 

Seems like a huge negative IMO. Goes to show you how many Wolverine fans there are I guess.

1 minute ago, Howling Mad said:

Seems like a huge negative IMO. Goes to show you how many Wolverine fans there are I guess.

Perhaps. And I agree lots of fans. Seems like stable growth though, if there weren't so many, it would have got to this point quicker and faster. I don't think of it as "inflated" due to the fact that there are so many willing to pay current market value....it is still suppressed already due to how many copies there are, and I don't think it will "crash" but may taper off eventually. 

33 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Perhaps. And I agree lots of fans. Seems like stable growth though, if there weren't so many, it would have got to this point quicker and faster. I don't think of it as "inflated" due to the fact that there are so many willing to pay current market value....it is still suppressed already due to how many copies there are, and I don't think it will "crash" but may taper off eventually. 

Agreed. I think 180 will start to grow in value as 181 becomes out of reach. Even 6.0's are getting to be quite expensive, whereby people can pick up 180's in 9.0+ for the same price. It doesn't have the same cover appeal granted, but damn if he doesn't make a full appearance (IMO) in 180.

22 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

Hulk 181 7.5 cgc beauty

IMG_8387.JPG

Looks great.  I think 7.5 with nice covers are really that sweet spot of something that's not prohibitively expensive but still looks great.  Of course I'm biased since that's what I have.  I can take it when people post their 8's and 8.5's, but once I see those 9+s I get that tinge of jealousy. :)

I'm in the club 3 times over! 

I bought the 9.2 as advertised as a 9.0 raw. The 7.5 looked like a 5.5 in the case it had so many non color breaking defects, bottom left corner had a crease that went through the entire book, very over graded. Pressed to the same grade...at least it's a correctly graded 7.5 now...and the 7.0 I haven't pressed it yet, I'm in no big rush.

IMG_20180326_203144394.jpg

On 9/17/2017 at 1:19 AM, jhkunc said:

Happy to join this club, I know it's no 9.8 but I'm grateful to have found this while visiting my folks! Onwards to my next grails.... ?

IMG_8190.JPG

Quick update: book was pressed and graded - 7.5 (back is far from white so maybe that affected it a lot).....BUT I had managed to get another copy and it graded 8.5!! Now, do I trade both of these up to get a 9.4??? hmm.........

4 hours ago, jhkunc said:

Quick update: book was pressed and graded - 7.5 (back is far from white so maybe that affected it a lot).....BUT I had managed to get another copy and it graded 8.5!! Now, do I trade both of these up to get a 9.4??? hmm.........

I don’t know if it’s just the picture or what...but that’s a great looking copy...regardless of grade.