• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

he took all his hulk 181s and also his JIM83s and upped the prices on ebay once the recent auction highs were acheived. his strategy is clearly to keep everything overprcied until someone is desperate enough to set a new price high with him. amazing he ever sells anything. 

He still has his 9.6 at ~12k. I thought he'd at least increase it to 13 after that last ebay sale.

11 hours ago, 360racer said:

I’m a newbie here but have been exploring my 9.8 options and came across the only one currently advertised which is the one on eBay Australia, except for this one https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=500186

The price might be optimistic however I’m in the ebay race bidding for it so hope I get it at the price I want. 

Yeah sure why not? An IH 181 9.8 with a Stan Lee sig seems like the perfect book to list without a photo! 

IMG_20180422_201321.jpg

4 hours ago, www.alexgross.com said:

he took all his hulk 181s and also his JIM83s and upped the prices on ebay once the recent auction highs were acheived. his strategy is clearly to keep everything overprcied until someone is desperate enough to set a new price high with him. amazing he ever sells anything. 

The seller doesn't need the money and does set nosebleed prices, ,but man, he has the goods.  He must have had 15 copies of Hulk 181 in 8.5 and mostly higher at Wondercon 8 years ago.  You name the key, he had it and usually in multiples.  I remember making what I thought was an aggressive offer on his WWBN1 9.6 Suscha News copy.  The best looking copy I have ever seen, but he declined.  Guess what, ,somebody eventually paid his price. 

It has been done! I have just won the book of my dreams!!! 9.8 coming my way! 

https://outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.ebay.com/outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132588129635

The other bidder was fierce but I prevailed. Messaged with the owner whom said that we can finalise the sale on Friday.

Ill post the pic as soon as I have it in my hands!!!

Edited by 360racer

1 minute ago, 360racer said:

https://outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed.ebay.com/outside-affiliatelinksnotallowed/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132588129635

The other buffet was fierce but I prevailed. Messaged with the owner whom said that we can finalise the sale on Friday.

Nice!  :applause:

On April 11, 2018 at 11:27 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Another 9.4 just sold for $7400 on eBay and a 6.0 went for $1800.  :whatthe:

-J.

Crazy. Over the course of about 2 months, the last 3 CLink 9.4's have gone for $6100, $5655 and $6633, respectively. Not saying those are exactly bargains, but that eBay price shows that folks are antsy about getting in now.

11 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

I have my doubts of that 9.8 ever showing up Dan :( his feedback history 1 photo and more set off my scam radar :(

Just on a stop over on my way to Sydney to pick it up tomorrow. We will see what happens

On 4/25/2018 at 5:51 AM, 360racer said:

The other bidder was fierce but I prevailed. Messaged with the owner whom said that we can finalise the sale on Friday.

Is the GPA price in US or Aus dollars?  That would be an approx. $7000 dollar difference with the exchange rate.  I recently sold a 6.5 (GPA high) and it was actually less than the GPA amount since I sold it via best offer in a text.  BTW, congrats on the 9.8.

Edited by HighRadArt

12 minutes ago, HighRadArt said:

Is the GPA price in US or Aus dollars?  That would be an approx. $7000 dollar difference with the exchange rate.  I recently sold a 6.5 (GPA high) and it was actually less than the GPA amount since I sold it via best offer in a text.  BTW, congrats on the 9.8.

Thanks! 

Ebay price is in AUD.

Equates to USD$27,412.

On 9/18/2017 at 12:39 PM, davebo357 said:

Love seeing all these well preserved copies in here.  I'm saving up for an expensive car so I opted for a raw ratty copy from ebay from the original owner that had the MVS cut out and restored back into it, so I'm not expecting much once I get it graded but aside from the price being covered with black marker it looks in decent enough shape to display on the wall.

If anyone remembers my post last September, that raw IH181 I got off ebay was my very first foray into comics worth over $20, and after joining these boards I quickly shipped it off to CGC through my local comic shop.  They said it'd probably take a while, and since then I got impatient and picked up a graded 7.5 and a slew of over X-Men/Wolverine related comics.  Earlier tonight though, the store owner called me and said it came in.  Asked if I remember what I thought it'd be graded when I brought it to him, which I kind of figured would be a qualified 4.5.  Turns out it came back Unqualified 4.5!  I know it's nothing special compared to my 7.5, and certainly compared to these amazing 9.8's here, but it feels like a big win.

(I'm also loving that car which I got in Wolverine Yellow)

7 hours ago, davebo357 said:

ove seeing all these well preserved copies in here.  I'm saving up for an expensive car so I opted for a raw ratty copy from ebay from the original owner that had the MVS cut out and restored back into it, so I'm not expecting much once I get it graded but aside from the price being covered with black marker it looks in decent enough shape to display on the wall.

7 hours ago, davebo357 said:

If anyone remembers my post last September, that raw IH181 I got off ebay was my very first foray into comics worth over $20, and after joining these boards I quickly shipped it off to CGC through my local comic shop.  They said it'd probably take a while, and since then I got impatient and picked up a graded 7.5 and a slew of over X-Men/Wolverine related comics.  Earlier tonight though, the store owner called me and said it came in.  Asked if I remember what I thought it'd be graded when I brought it to him, which I kind of figured would be a qualified 4.5.  Turns out it came back Unqualified 4.5!  I know it's nothing special compared to my 7.5, and certainly compared to these amazing 9.8's here, but it feels like a big win.

Congrats! Was the "restored" MVS stamp the original one from the book, or a copy?

9 hours ago, davebo357 said:

CONGRATS all the way around!! I wonder how it was "restored back into it" was there any kind of notation on the label? Like mvs taped back In?

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?__isEmpty=&_from=R40&_nkw=incredible+hulk+181+&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

is it just me or has IH 181 sold listings gone on whacky tobbaky? how does a 5.5 sell for close to a 7.0? and a 5.0 ss by stan lee go for $2000 in an auction? now I don't feel too bad about having a 2.5 signed by Stan.....cause a blue label 2.5 went for $950 in auction...

:ohnoez::makepoint:2c