• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, wolverine180 said:

Sorry, I have never seen one. Have you ever seen the beach towel? I bought mine from kmart years ago. It was licensed by marvel so it is not a knockoff or anything. The funniest thing is they got the issue wrong. It has issue 124 on it instead of 181.

15294279447771534481453.jpg

15294281110951213033315.jpg

I'd never seen that. Quite the glaring faux pas there with the issue #. How did that ever get missed?! Thanks for the spot though.

I wish they'd make a coffee mug since I do collect those

On 6/19/2018 at 10:59 AM, MGsimba77 said:

I'd never seen that. Quite the glaring faux pas there with the issue #. How did that ever get missed?! Thanks for the spot though.

I wish they'd make a coffee mug since I do collect those

gotta be plenty of places online where you can make your own custom designed mugs. as long as you're not selling it, i'm sure you could make one with the 181 cover image. 

1 hour ago, www.alexgross.com said:

gotta be plenty of places online where you can make your own custom designed mugs. as long as you're not selling it, i'm sure you could make one with the 181 cover image. 

I was looking for something officially licensed. Just to keep as a collectors item. Usually those sites that allow you to make custom material don't allow copyright designs. I suppose I could check on Etsy for a seller that produces mugs. I'll see... 

57 minutes ago, Howling Mad said:

Probably Yes, as the CGC 9.6 graded copy went for over $13K in the last Heritage Auction:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/bronze-age-1970-1979-/the-incredible-hulk-181-marvel-1974-cgc-nm-96-white-pages/a/7187-92391.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Of course, that copy had the much dreaded White Pages, which Jaydog would say should have really knocked the price down.  lol

3 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Probably Yes, as the CGC 9.6 graded copy went for over $13K in the last Heritage Auction:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/bronze-age-1970-1979-/the-incredible-hulk-181-marvel-1974-cgc-nm-96-white-pages/a/7187-92391.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Of course, that copy had the much dreaded White Pages, which Jaydog would say should have really knocked the price down.  lol

There's no doubt that the $13.1K one has nicer pages and centering, but damn, that's a fairly significant difference.

13 hours ago, Howling Mad said:

12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

The auction ended on a Thursday afternoon. I believe it had just one more bid in the final hours. Who the hell holds an auction for such an important book on a freaking Thursday afternoon when everyone's at work???

53 minutes ago, MGsimba77 said:

The auction ended on a Thursday afternoon. I believe it had just one more bid in the final hours. Who the hell holds an auction for such an important book on a freaking Thursday afternoon when everyone's at work???

Work?? Where are your priorities lol 

On 8/1/2018 at 7:35 AM, TheBrownWolverine said:

Hello Everyone! First Time Long Time haha.....Had this one pressed out by CCS from a 7.0 to THISSSSSS!!! Please have a look at mine and let me in the CLUBBBBBB!!!:headbang:

HULK181.jpg

HULK181_2.JPG

congratulations! thats an incredible bump up! i think the cost of a press just earned you about $250,000 or thereabouts.