• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE HULK #181 CLUB
24 24

1,668 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Point Five said:

The current prices on Hulk #181s are just bananas. I've got a low-grader, which I'm happy about, but now wish I'd chosen it with a bit more care!

Better than not having a copy!

I got out of the club a few months back when I sold my 9.4 and 9.0.... Well... last week after a few too many beers I got on ebay and found this very well priced beauty, and my sober inner-conscience lost the battle... so I'm back in the club!  No regrets.... altho… had I known what a tragic weekend it was going to be, I'd have picked up that ASM 4.0 SS Stan Lee for 2k more... ah well, no regrets and RIP Stan!  

IH-181.thumb.jpeg.00592bfb6e04be639281c05190f7bb99.jpeg

54 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I know I'm late to this party, but here's a picture of my copy of Incredible Hulk #181. Yes, I know my picture taking skills are quite lacking.

Joe

That's a pretty sweet copy ^^ Congrats!

On 10/1/2018 at 9:06 AM, scooter99 said:
On 9/28/2018 at 11:26 PM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

I bought this copy back in 1981 for a whopping $15.00 , the book guided  $5.25 in the Overstreet  that year . The thing I remember most  is the dealer selling it to me said it was mint......yeah right. 

I had it slabbed in the early 2000s it came back 9.2 WP  not mint like the comic dealer told me but for what I paid how could I complain.

IH181(92w)-BJ0+.jpg

That's a beautiful, great wrapped copy.  Back in 81, many dealers used the G, F & M grading scale.  He was pretty close. 

+1

Not sure what you are complaining about here since Good, Fine, and Mint was definitely the acknowledged grading scale in the hobby back then.

You are actually lucky since apparently most collectors got back only mid-grades from CGC when dealers back in the day claimed they were Mint copies.  So, this dealer was actually pretty much spot on in terms of the grade that he gave you.  (thumbsu